Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

One reason Megas and Small to Medium Companies need separate servers.

Recommended Posts

Because small to medium Companies need different rates.  We need lower gold costs, and shorter vulnerability windows.  We need more skill points, and more resources per hit on a node.  We need faster taming and breeding, with breeding allowing us to imprint when we get back online.  We don''t have enough people to imprint around the clock.

We had about half of a full company at the start.  A double cross by a Mega we allied with, and then a sinking of a schooner we then made, to try to get something going, reduced our numbers to about 1/4 of what we started with.  So now we struggle to afford our island.  We have no chance to set up a player shop.  We can't afford NPCs to man defenses.   I don't see us playing much longer.  One good raid by a Mega posing as a small company, and we are likely gone. for good.  Sad thing is this...I had been convincing people to buy the game.  They did, so I was able to build up to about half company strength.  I have an Organization of 1600+ in Star Citizen to try to recruit from, and an even larger alliance.  That's where I recruited from.  Was making some headway, despite the fact that ALL of them were reluctant, due to the bad reviews.  Now, I have no chance.  All interest has died.  Nobody new is joining.

So it will likely be that we find a new game to occupy us, while we wait for Star Citizen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can join us if you guys like, we are a smaller group of about 20 half who are pretty active and the rest play when they can. But I totally understand where you are coming from!! This game is still to brutal for the solo/ smaller groups of people who can only play a few hours a day because we still have jobs and families too. Like a mid-sized island is about 300 gold every 12 hours. So in one day we will have to do treasure maps to meet the 600 gold requirement just to have the ability to build on and play on an island that is "ours", now to add on that an ncp takes gold every couple hours but you cant have just one. You need them for the boats, you need them for base defense and no one can realistically sit on atlas for the 10hr raid window, unless of course you dont work and dont have a family and have no other responsibilities... It's hard to play the content of the game when you have to spend several hours a day hunting down maps, sailing to said map and sailing back. Then while you are out you get attacked by a larger group who sinks your boat and now you have to spend several more hours slowly farming the mats needed to build a new boat. Where do you find the time to fight back or do power stones or search for discoveries. The mega companies do very much so play on colonies and just have several companies tied to them.  There is a very big difference between a group with 20 or so casual players and a group of 50-75 people.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Because small to medium Companies need different rates.  We need lower gold costs, and shorter vulnerability windows.  We need more skill points, and more resources per hit on a node.  We need faster taming and breeding, with breeding allowing us to imprint when we get back online.  We don''t have enough people to imprint around the clock.

We had about half of a full company at the start.  A double cross by a Mega we allied with, and then a sinking of a schooner we then made, to try to get something going, reduced our numbers to about 1/4 of what we started with.  So now we struggle to afford our island.  We have no chance to set up a player shop.  We can't afford NPCs to man defenses.   I don't see us playing much longer.  One good raid by a Mega posing as a small company, and we are likely gone. for good.  Sad thing is this...I had been convincing people to buy the game.  They did, so I was able to build up to about half company strength.  I have an Organization of 1600+ in Star Citizen to try to recruit from, and an even larger alliance.  That's where I recruited from.  Was making some headway, despite the fact that ALL of them were reluctant, due to the bad reviews.  Now, I have no chance.  All interest has died.  Nobody new is joining.

So it will likely be that we find a new game to occupy us, while we wait for Star Citizen.

Why don't you join someone if you can't afford an island? Why do you even play pvp if you struggle to keep an island to an upkeep? To be able to do pvp in this game you need to be able to meet you pve obligations first. Half of you initial members left after day first because of sinking schooner, are you sure you recruited pvp players?

It seems to me like you need unofficial server more than official with increased rates. If there would be an official server with increased everything you propose everyone would play there including megas. How do you want to stop people from megas going on these servers? You won't.

I understand your frustration but I have a feeling players need to do politics and group up in this game. If you can't hold your island, group up with someone else. If your players stop playing, group up again. 

On the other hand if your PvP players quit after sinking a ship or after day first losing against a bigger tribe they are no PvP players at all. We lost a battle for L10 against Cobra and Dark project Armada first day too but we simply went away from them. Now we have an island far away from them and we are totally ok. If you don't want to face megas why don't you just stay away from them? 

 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you really need is a decent Unofficial PvPvE server. Your recruits weren't really keen in the first place, and simply gave up when a ship was lost. You were never going to be able to hold your ground against anyone with tepid enthusiasm like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a group of 4 family members that play together and we aren't interested in joining any large companies. We play with another company of 3 on our island. Even working together the way we do, we have no way of keeping up with the larger companies. We are barely getting to level 50 now and fighting companies with members level 65+. Its hard to compete with holding islands, getting a base secure on an island or any of the other basic survival needs especially while being harassed by the larger guilds that can get all those things done and spare people to harass us so we can't keep up.

With the current system and company size limits we will burn out on the game well before we get to experience even half of what's in it. Anytime we try to see a power stone server we get ships sunk by larger companies trying to control them. We spend more time remaking ships because we don't have the people to man them and be competitive with those that have a lot more players per ship, or more ships or both.

With the closure of the Empires server and the increase in company size on the colonies server, this game is losing the interest of any smaller companies as we have no place to play and enjoy pvp in any kind of fair fight.

Can we get a new NA PVP Colonies server with a lot of the suggestions above and a smaller company limit (15 or 20). Also, provide a more intuitive alliance system that would allow for neutral guild alliance for trade with a higher company limit, and a smaller combat ally limit to prevent larger companies from coming in and ruining that server as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dansker said:

We have a group of 4 family members that play together and we aren't interested in joining any large companies. We play with another company of 3 on our island. Even working together the way we do, we have no way of keeping up with the larger companies. We are barely getting to level 50 now and fighting companies with members level 65+. Its hard to compete with holding islands, getting a base secure on an island or any of the other basic survival needs especially while being harassed by the larger guilds that can get all those things done and spare people to harass us so we can't keep up.

With the current system and company size limits we will burn out on the game well before we get to experience even half of what's in it. Anytime we try to see a power stone server we get ships sunk by larger companies trying to control them. We spend more time remaking ships because we don't have the people to man them and be competitive with those that have a lot more players per ship, or more ships or both.

With the closure of the Empires server and the increase in company size on the colonies server, this game is losing the interest of any smaller companies as we have no place to play and enjoy pvp in any kind of fair fight.

Can we get a new NA PVP Colonies server with a lot of the suggestions above and a smaller company limit (15 or 20). Also, provide a more intuitive alliance system that would allow for neutral guild alliance for trade with a higher company limit, and a smaller combat ally limit to prevent larger companies from coming in and ruining that server as well.

So you are playing a PvP game but you refuse to play with someone else because you want to play alone. Sorry to tell you but with this approach you can't play this. Why don't you join larger company and make a separate crew with your own ship etc. instead of trying to do everything alone? You can't even do a proper PvE with 4 people, how do you expect your PvP will look like? If you don't have time to level up how do you want to find a time for PvP? 

You guys should go play PvE or join some unofficial server with increased rates. 4 people playing casually really can't play PvP in this game alone without being wiped.

Edit: You guys can go live to our island on I7 if you want. You will pay tax but you will be protected from attacks (we are not mega but we are big enough to not being attacked by random raiders). You can find a place to live and build there, its an 86 island with iridium.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Willard said:

So you are playing a PvP game but you refuse to play with someone else because you want to play alone. Sorry to tell you but with this approach you can't play this. Why don't you join larger company and make a separate crew with your own ship etc. instead of trying to do everything alone? You can't even do a proper PvE with 4 people, how do you expect your PvP will look like? If you don't have time to level up how do you want to find a time for PvP? 

You guys should go play PvE or join some unofficial server with increased rates. 4 people playing casually really can't play PvP in this game alone without being wiped.

So, you don't want this game to be accessable to anyone but large company's?

Is that realy what you are trying to say?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Shandy said:

So, you don't want this game to be accessable to anyone but large company's?

Is that realy what you are trying to say?

 

It is accessable for everyone including solos/small tribes but they need to adjust their way of playing. Can I afford my own Settlement? Can I afford to farm for an upkeep every day? If I can't I have 2 options - I can go live on someone elses Settlement - the bigger landlord the better because its usually safe from random raiders. Second option, I can go to lawless.

Landlord/tenant and tax system are in this game since the beginning. If anyone could afford their own island this whole concept would be for nothing.

So you got pretty solid choices. Just leave the idea everyone needs to have his own island. And abandon the idea "I pay taxes and landlord keeps smiling". Landlord has to pax too, the upkeep. For instance we are paying almost 1100g / day for an upkeep. Our tenants combined give us like 3k of wood/thatch per day. What is harder to farm? 

Bigger companies are really glad to have tenants on their Settlements because it lowers an upkeep a bit. Use it to you advantage. If you don't want to join them, stop fighting them and go to their island. Find equal targets and attack them instead.

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Willard said:

It is accessable for everyone including solos/small tribes but they need to adjust their way of playing. Can I afford my own Settlement? Can I afford to farm for an upkeep every day? If I can't I have 2 options - I can go live on someone elses Settlement - the bigger landlord the better because its usually safe from random raiders. Second option, I can go to lawless.

Landlord/tenant and tax system are in this game since the beginning. If anyone could afford their own island this whole concept would be for nothing.

So you got pretty solid choices. Just leave the idea everyone needs to have his own island. And abandon the idea "I pay taxes and landlord keeps smiling". Landlord has to pax too, the upkeep. For instance we are paying almost 1100g / day for an upkeep. Our tenants combined give us like 3k of wood/thatch per day. What is harder to farm? 

Bigger companies are really glad to have tenants on their Settlements because it lowers an upkeep a bit. Use it to you advantage. If you don't want to join them, stop fighting them and go to their island. Find equal targets and attack them instead.

They didn't say they could not afford the upkeep, they said that with the constant harrasment large companies can easily do they can't progress (keep up), they have to spend all their time replacing what this harrasment destroys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

They didn't say they could not afford the upkeep, they said that with the constant harrasment large companies can easily do they can't progress (keep up), they have to spend all their time replacing what this harrasment destroys.

Its a PvP server, ofc they will be harrased no matter ots from big or smaller companies. They simply can't have time to farm, build, maintaining the upkeep, do taming, leveking ships, farminf BPs etc. AND doing PvP as a small company.

If they stop insisting on having their own island they will enjoy the game so much more. If thry settle somewhere on a big company island harrassment will probably stop. They will have more time to do things they want instead what they need to do (like majntaining upkeep for instance). 

Just give it a go guys before you leave the game before while burned out farming for upkeep. Try a different way to play the game, try to accept that landlord/tenant system because if you do you will enjoy the game much more.

 

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Willard said:

Its a PvP server, ofc they will be harrased no matter ots from big or smaller companies. They simply can't have time to farm, build, maintaining the upkeep, do taming, leveking ships, farminf BPs etc. AND doing PvP as a small company.

If they stop insisting on having their own island they will enjoy the game so much more. If thry settle somewhere on a big company island harrassment will probably stop. They will have more time to do things they want instead what they need to do (like majntaining upkeep for instance). 

Just give it a go guys before you leave the game before while burned out farming for upkeep. Try a different way to play the game, try to accept that landlord/tenant system because if you do you will enjoy the game much more.

 

Oh, you're on PvP. ...why are you offering for PvE people to come live on your island if you're on PvP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Willard said:

Its a PvP server, ofc they will be harrased no matter ots from big or smaller companies. They simply can't have time to farm, build, maintaining the upkeep, do taming, leveking ships, farminf BPs etc. AND doing PvP as a small company.

If they stop insisting on having their own island they will enjoy the game so much more. If thry settle somewhere on a big company island harrassment will probably stop. They will have more time to do things they want instead what they need to do (like majntaining upkeep for instance).  

Just give it a go guys before you leave the game before while burned out farming for upkeep. Try a different way to play the game, try to accept that landlord/tenant system because if you do you will enjoy the game much more.

 

So who should own this island that a 4 member company can afford?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dragonchampion said:

Oh, you're on PvP. ...why are you offering for PvE people to come live on your island if you're on PvP?

You are in a different topic 🙂 this is about pvp server (at least OP wrote about sank schooner by a mega which leads me to pvp).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Willard said:

You are in a different topic 🙂 this is about pvp server (at least OP wrote about sank schooner by a mega which leads me to pvp).

Ahhhh, yeah, General Discusion is really cluttered, and no one frequents the PvE or PvE discussion rooms. Sorry about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Shandy said:

So who should own this island that a 4 member company can afford?

4 company can afford an island but a small one and huge chunk of their ingame time will be farming for upkeep unleees they play 24/7. Where is building, farming BPs, farming different kinds of materials, power stones AND pvp? They won't be able to enjoy 80% of the game because all they need to do is farming upkeep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Willard said:

4 company can afford an island but a small one and huge chunk of their ingame time will be farming for upkeep unleees they play 24/7. Where is building, farming BPs, farming different kinds of materials, power stones AND pvp? They won't be able to enjoy 80% of the game because all they need to do is farming upkeep.

All that is true, and without the large companies they would posibly thive and progess.

So as it stands, are you saying, that unless a small company can put as much time into the game as a large company they can't even own an island designed for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

All that is true, and without the large companies they would posibly thive and progess.

So as it stands, are you saying, that unless a small company can put as much time into the game as a large company they can't even own an island designed for them?

How can small company invest as much time in game as big company if big company has 40 members and small one 4 members?

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Willard said:

How can small company invest as much time in game as big company if big company has 40 members and small one 4 members?

They can't - hence the title of this topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

They can't - hence the title of this topic.

This is a survival sandbox mmo. You group up to achieve some goals. By grouping up you can achieve more goals and you can achieve them faster and more efficient. Its completely up to anyone if he wants to play alone, in a small group or ina big group. 

You want developers to create a game where solo person can achieve the same and in the same time as other 40 players in a group? 

You know what mmo is? Have you ever seen solo players to raid end game content in any mmo? 

You want to create a single player game inside an mmo game. It will never happen. 

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Willard said:

This is a survival sandbox mmo. You group up to achieve some goals. By grouping up you can achieve more goals and you can achieve them faster and more efficient. Its completely up to anyone if he wants to play alone, in a small group or ina big group. 

You want developers to create a game where solo person can achieve the same and in the same time as other 40 players in a group? 

You know what mmo is? Have you ever seen solo players to raid end game content in any mmo? 

You want to create a single player game inside an mmo game. It will never happen. 

they are not solo's. there are 4 of them with 3 friends in another company. And who knows they may have befriended other small companies by the time they get good enough to attempt end game content.

But as it stands there are 7 of them, more than enough to do the end game content currently in game.

The only thing standing in thier way is large companies having thier fun harrasing the little guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Because small to medium Companies need different rates.  We need lower gold costs, and shorter vulnerability windows.  We need more skill points, and more resources per hit on a node.  We need faster taming and breeding, with breeding allowing us to imprint when we get back online.  We don''t have enough people to imprint around the clock.

We had about half of a full company at the start.  A double cross by a Mega we allied with, and then a sinking of a schooner we then made, to try to get something going, reduced our numbers to about 1/4 of what we started with.  So now we struggle to afford our island.  We have no chance to set up a player shop.  We can't afford NPCs to man defenses.   I don't see us playing much longer.  One good raid by a Mega posing as a small company, and we are likely gone. for good.  Sad thing is this...I had been convincing people to buy the game.  They did, so I was able to build up to about half company strength.  I have an Organization of 1600+ in Star Citizen to try to recruit from, and an even larger alliance.  That's where I recruited from.  Was making some headway, despite the fact that ALL of them were reluctant, due to the bad reviews.  Now, I have no chance.  All interest has died.  Nobody new is joining.

So it will likely be that we find a new game to occupy us, while we wait for Star Citizen.

I was wondering why the numbers were already steadily dropping again. Makes a lot of sense now. Don’t worry. The devs will see their mistake once again and make more changes.

as I said in the other thread. The Megas only have themselves to blame. It will be nice once the company cap is 10.

i also definitely see them lowering the upkeep in a big way. The numbers are also abysmal as is right now.

i mean after a “mega update” they are already down to an 8k peak which is far lower than the 25k peak before the wipe and update was announced.

dont worry, they will change things around soon. Even on their first weekend of the update the peak only went to 12k which is half of the pop before the wipe announcement. And really that 25k that was left was less then half of their all time peak of 58k. None of those people came back and they won’t be coming back.

too many bad decisions have already been made

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

they are not solo's. there are 4 of them with 3 friends in another company. And who knows they may have befriended other small companies by the time they get good enough to attempt end game content.

But as it stands there are 7 of them, more than enough to do the end game content currently in game.

The only thing standing in thier way is large companies having thier fun harrasing the little guys.

Wow, 7 people in 2 companies. Endgame content, in a PvP environment. Are you real? Are they sure they want to play on PvP server when they want to do PvE? 

The only thing that stands between them and endgame content is their desire to own their own island. Without this desire they can happily play as a settler on someone elses Settlement without being seen on map, without need to pay an upkeep and with protection of bigger company. 

There are ways, don't blame developers, blame yourself for not being able to adjust. 

 

26 minutes ago, Realist said:

I was wondering why the numbers were already steadily dropping again. Makes a lot of sense now. Don’t worry. The devs will see their mistake once again and make more changes.

as I said in the other thread. The Megas only have themselves to blame. It will be nice once the company cap is 10.

i also definitely see them lowering the upkeep in a big way. The numbers are also abysmal as is right now.

i mean after a “mega update” they are already down to an 8k peak which is far lower than the 25k peak before the wipe and update was announced.

dont worry, they will change things around soon. Even on their first weekend of the update the peak only went to 12k which is half of the pop before the wipe announcement. And really that 25k that was left was less then half of their all time peak of 58k. None of those people came back and they won’t be coming back.

too many bad decisions have already been made

Im sorry man but if someone wants to play on PvP and stops playing after his first schooner is sunk there is something wrong with the player, not with the system.

Tribe limit of 10? Fine, no problem. I will tell my second tribe in an alliance "hey guys, we are raiding island xy". That island will be under attack of 2 maximum sized tribes, good luck for 2-man tribe bobs with their nice bases without honeycombs directly on the beach where it can be destroyed by ship cannons. 

Later on the forums: Oh developers decrease the limit so I can do endgame pve and pvp all alone ...

If you Realist actually play the game you would see how extremely bad at playing people are. 70% players on PvP servers make their bases near the beaches or in the vale where you can destroy that with 1 cannon bears. No honeacombs, no bases on top of hills where you can't go with animald, nothing. And those are people who whinr on forums because of megatribes. 

We raid lawless with about 4 people. Pretty much everyone can be raided in like half an hour there. With 4 people, you don't need megazerg for it.

People are just extremely bad at playing the game and blame developers for not protecting them.

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Willard said:

Wow, 7 people in 2 companies. Endgame content, in a PvP environment. Are you real? Are they sure they want to play on PvP server when they want to do PvE? 

The only thing that stands between them and endgame content is their desire to own their own island. Without this desire they can happily play as a settler on someone elses Settlement without being seen on map, without need to pay an upkeep and with protection of bigger company. 

There are ways, don't blame developers, blame yourself for not being able to adjust. 

You are the one that brought up PVE and end game content. Lost.

Island designed for small companies, blaming people wanting to own them. Lost.

I thought we had a good discusion for a while there, ah well. End.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

You are the one that brought up PVE and end game content. Lost.

Island designed for small companies, blaming people wanting to own them. Lost.

I thought we had a good discusion for a while there, ah well. End.

 

Where did u get that info small island are meant for small companies to claim? I still don't get that. If those islands are small and cheap that does not mean small companies should claim them nor should be able to maintain them. If there is a landlord/tenant system who is supposed to be that tenant if not such a small, casual tribes like this?

Endgame in Atlas pvp really doesn't exist.

What will come next? Complaints about bigger companies having better stuff and ships because they have time to farm BPs and exotic materials and I as a 4men company don't? 

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×