Jatheish

Vanishing Structure Pieces/Ceilings

Hey folks,

Currently investigating the bug where structure pieces (typically ceilings) will seemingly randomly demolish as if they had no structural support. If any of you are experiencing this on the Official Network, the following info would be helpful:

• Network:
  • Any screenshots or video demonstrating the bug:
  • Repro steps if available/applicable:
  • CCC (if location specific, please include the CCC with your report):

Cheers ūüôā

Posted (edited)

EU PVE - B11 Glasstone Island (will give CCC later tho it seems it could be anywhere in the world) cheat TP B11 -135380 -338381 780xRQZAxs.jpg

Occurs typically over pillared areas, though also falls out over full floors.  It happens whether pillars are every 3 or 6 squares apart.

Today was a good day, only 4 tiles lost.  Yesterday about 50.  I think it has to do with server scanning and it registers one pillar or set of pillars, but not the others nearby.

It seems better now.  Not so many lost tiles, however any time that I build and/or remove tiles completely unrelated, well established ceiling tiles and ramps fall out.

Edited by B3rry
additional info

On NA PvE 
7F23CG6.jpg
This has been happening frequently to me, and I've noticed that the it happens much more often when your supports are spread further apart.
This effect can be reproduced by having supports placed far apart, but still close enough that there won't be gaps between them if you were to completely fill out their ceiling tile range, and then updating (removing, replacing) any nearby foundations that are still connected to the main structure.  In other words, placing random tiles that aren't part of the build won't cause this problem, but changing the floors that are attached the stairs on the right and left sides of this picture will cause ceilings to collapse at random. 

I believe this is caused by the game looking at ceiling tiles and incorrectly registering which support beam is the correct anchoring foundation piece.  When it chooses the wrong one, it decides the structure is no longer supported and demolishes it.  I've drawn a little illustration of one beam and its normal range of structural support.  I believe the missing tiles marked in red were registered as being anchored by this green pillar but the game saw that they were outside of its range and demolished them.
JsIvS97.jpg

I am currently in D10, Long: -50.20 / Lat: -27.76  (Cobalt Island)

I have lost a lot of materials trying to work around this problem but the only solution I can come up with is having several anchor points near a ceiling tile that would fit into its normal range.  This is indicated by the fact that none of my middle pieces suffer from this problem.  I am only experiencing this issue on pieces that rest along hanging edges (while my pillars are 4 blocks apart)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

EU PvE, L4 - Portsbel Island

My location: cheat TP L4 72307 317528 -58

Placing and quick pick up does not break ceilings.

My example, I demolish this wall and lose 4 tiles in random locations

https://pasteboard.co/IbGItVe.png

https://pasteboard.co/IbGINJj.png

Underwater pillar situation - this does look spaced out more than its supposed to, but we've had ceilings drop that were connected to a foundation. 

https://pasteboard.co/IbGMwYA.png

Edited by Shay
Extra image

Posted (edited)

D4QPkzEVUAAK593.jpg:large

This was a pain in the ass... Walls vanished on me 4 times.  Ended up extending the foundations out 1 unit, and they no longer crumble on the new wall.  

Network: NA PvP Colony 
CCC: cheat TP C7 -325452 29029 6955
Repro steps: ????? Place walls on foundation in problem area lol

Edited by Profanity13

Posted (edited)

I think this might have to do with something I've noticed with all floors and ceilings, namely that they have very limited snappoints, and when you snap things together in the wrong way, removing just one thing that *looks* like it's perfectly connected to everything else, can collapse huge swathes of your structure.

References:

Edited by Splutty

Posted (edited)

unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

This spot at cheat TP K11 305367 -10277 588 on NA PvP Colonies has had ceiling tiles disappearing on us in this general area of the structure for like a week now. it's not the same tiles every time, and its never the one over the pillar.

Just today we watched part of our dock which was mostly wall and roof tiles disappear at cheat TP K11 304024 -14296 813
This is the first time it has happened directly in front of a player, and it was observed to have disappeared in 3 segments, giving the animation if it had been pinwheeled demolished.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/566457236356988928/570762522164985866/unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

Edited by Mal
including which server it was on

not having that issue but my feats bar is blank and I have no hud info when looking at walls or any structure AND my inventory will not open and I could not even get the commands to open doors or storage boxes and cannot even get food or drink. 

20190424220837_1.jpg

Yes, this bug is getting VERY annoying.

I am loosing Stone Wall and ceiling tiles just about every day.

also on trying to REJOIN server I cannot get any option but JOIN NEW 

1 minute ago, Tiramon said:

also on trying to REJOIN server I cannot get any option but JOIN NEW 

Hey, Tiramon, you should post in a different thread or make a new post. This one was specifically designated for reporting on the building issue. I think it's more beneficial to the devs that this thread stays on topic so they can fix this issue. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

my apologies figured mine was similar on structures and others … and since the game is screwey in so many different things I figure ALL the issues should be addressed but no problem I will somewhere else Shay just for you 

Edited by Tiramon
  • Like 1

cheat TP H1 232079 117490 234

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/551259343924756511/570762839191584768/unknown.png

ceilings and walls disappearing but able to solve the problem...with having a pillar underneath every single ceiling, sea floor also not able to build upon through the floating rocks not counting as ground 

Jat this is a little off topic but related, I’m experiencing shrubbery coming up through the floors, I know pre-wipe that had been addressed but I wasn’t sure if anyone else has been experiencing it or not. I’ve only tried the wood floor so far.

As far as ceiling tiles and walls go, I built a taming pen and walkways but I’ve had no issues with anything disappearing.

Posted (edited)

Ceiling dissapearing within a walled enclosure also

20190425142824_1.jpg

Edited by mouflon77

Posted (edited)

EU PVE

D7 - Bracebour Atoll

Line straight down the stone wall.

cheat TP D7 338316 -316096 2275

unknown.png?width=1120&height=630

Edited by ViViper1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

EU PVE - I5 Shipwreck Island, base halfway down the west coast (at work, so can't do the CCC thing)

Large stone platform is loosing ceiling pieces periodicaly - have been replacing with stacked foundations so don't know if it's still happening, will check when i get home.

Edit: Yup, I fixed it all with foundations, so can't show it anymore.

Edited by Jack Shandy

3 hours ago, Jack Shandy said:

EU PVE - I5 Shipwreck Island, base halfway down the west coast (at work, so can't do the CCC thing)

Large stone platform is loosing ceiling pieces periodicaly - have been replacing with stacked foundations so don't know if it's still happening, will check when i get home.

I was losing random section of my building with theLarge stone platform dont know about wooden,I finally solved this when i used foundation everywhere. but it does seem that the problem for us now is with the triangle foundations (a old ark bug) mainly they just dont see foundations underneath and pillars dont work with them square ones seem fine.No screen shots because i have already solved the problem and redesigned my building to work around it

Posted (edited)

Missing-tiles-1.png

missing-tiles-2.pngMissing-tiles-4.png

It's been happening all over our little town according to my company mates, but here is one house that it happened on every floor including the roof and took a few walls down too.

Edited by Ivey Sinclaire
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Related to this, walls do not snap correctly to ceilings/foundations, they by default face the wrong way.  If you press Q to realign it, it places it "correctly" but it is no longer on the ceiling or foundation.  Relog and it's gone sometimes. 

I also get the wall/ceiling no foundation bug on my galleon and brig.  Where I cannot place the structure at all because there's no foundation support.  I've sometimes added piller underneath and it worked to place them.

Edited by Martyn