Jump to content

Jatheish

Vanishing Structure Pieces/Ceilings

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

cheat TP D5 140166 -122987 8722
NA PVE Server
This happened sometime in the last three hours - between 1100 and 1415 Eastern time today. Several other spots disappearing in the same area. 
Blue lines show where there are supposed to be triangle ceilings. Blue hashes show where there are supposed to be stairs. 

*Edit*
Ok. It looks like I hit max file upload size.
Several other locations in the same area have lost triangular ceiling tiles. Some of them were directly over a wood cliff platform. Not sure how you are supposed to get anymore "foundation" than that. 
This pic has foundations/floors directly underneath. No pillars, but full floors about 4 stories straight below it. 

Inked20190701141523_1c_LI-min.jpg

Edited by SeaKnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NA PVE E10

During construction I took out a couple rows of walls and turned around to see 3 columns of missing ceiling tiles on the complet e opposite side of the building. 

20190702111447_1.thumb.jpg.f8854bf082acb4654fe58062d4f50c6d.jpg

 

Earlier it did the same thing to about 20 triangular ceiling tiles, some of which had been attached directly to a cliff platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Happens most frequently when ceilings are placed 3 lengths away from their original support and don't have any foundations sitting beneath them (just ceilings and mesh/terrain below) 

 

I started just building 2 ceilings away from my support/foundations, and whilst it's still a problem, it's not as frequent. It does seem like anything that is 3 lengths away from its support will most certainly disappear at some point. 

 

I think the most important thing to note here, is that it only happens when you're building. If you're adding or removing structures (for me it's just foundations) then ceilings which aren't in your view, can start disappearing. 

It does always appear to be ceilings that you're not looking at, I've never had ceilings disappear before my eyes, only when I turn around after building, do I see that ceilings have disappeared. 

 

 

Also worth noting is that I believe it effects cliff platforms too. Someone from another tribe reported a quarter of his walls supported on the edge of a cliff platform had just vanished. 

Edited by Fishface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This keeps happening for me on a daily basis, and it's so annoying. Seeing that this issue is known for such a long time makes me once again not believe in this game.

EU PvE, A13, NE island, screenshot attached.

Screenshot (20).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just wondering if this was still a problem. I check the patch notes every day to see if this has been addressed. Until it has, not picking Atlas up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Getting really tired of this now... Just 1 wall was misplaced and picked up. JUST ONE! Another day online for nothing. Thanks!

You do the math Grapeshot. Please continue building the map we all desperate going to need when you announce another wipe. Forget about the bugs. 

Sick of this nonsense and crap.

And no, I'm not going to do anymore effort in making good pics, giving CCC locations, or ask pretty please.

Fix this.

Oh and if someone from Grapeshot can be as "communitive" as was promised, we all just might think twice for building. Souds fair after all this crap we're going to lately.

"Heart for the community", yeah right. Not even a single update we got in months on this issue, no admin, no dev, nothing.

20190724140634_1.jpg

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Nerradain said:

Was just wondering if this was still a problem. I check the patch notes every day to see if this has been addressed. Until it has, not picking Atlas up again.

On SP/dedicated no issues. We tested this on a million ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Oh and if someone from Grapeshot can be as "communitive" as was promised, we all just might think twice for building. Souds fair after all this crap we're going to lately.

"Heart for the community", yeah right. Not even a single update we got in months on this issue, no admin, no dev, nothing.

20190724140634_1.jpg

Gotta agree here, the lack of communication on the forums makes you wonder if there's any point in posting here. Feels like you're not reading or paying any attention to the bugs and problems people are posting. 

 

All people want to their posts is some acknowledgement that you've agreed this is a bug and it will be processed in due course. For something major like this disappearing structures bug, an actual update would be great. 

 

For a game where community is everything, you're not really being a solid role model or doing much to uphold the community that keeps the game alive and kicking. 

Edited by Fishface
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the structure optimation update there came the other day, structures are disappering even more now.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logged in just now. Bye bye 12x6 docks without reason?

Are you serious?

Really?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it never will be fixed, so let me ask this;

We're renovating our island now due to this BS bug (lost 9K buildingpieces since release and none of the devs/ceos even came with the idea to step in and actually apologize or even let us know what's the status. But hey, that's how the world rolls nowadays I reckon). And since the team doesnt give 1 single bit (no communications, nothing on this subject) why not make the floors snap WAY BETTER? I get loads of spots where it says its being blocked. Nonsense ofc, nothing in the way, but with S+ no problems on the same spots (tested).

Building underwater? LMAO!!1!!

How? Big rocks, no snappoints. With S+? No issues at all. (tested)

So, don't tell us it can not be done. It can. Period. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2019 at 10:49 AM, Fishface said:

Gotta agree here, the lack of communication on the forums makes you wonder if there's any point in posting here. Feels like you're not reading or paying any attention to the bugs and problems people are posting. 

 

All people want to their posts is some acknowledgement that you've agreed this is a bug and it will be processed in due course. For something major like this disappearing structures bug, an actual update would be great. 

 

For a game where community is everything, you're not really being a solid role model or doing much to uphold the community that keeps the game alive and kicking. 

We should move this thread to the Blackwood one. That seems promissing for the community and communications between devs and players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

EU PVE in B5, this happens constantly and i'm starting to get real tired of fixing it 😛. It's on a cliff platform.
HT40hrd.jpg

Edited by Jason
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a second note, does it have to do with something being demolished/picked up nearby? I remember an ARK bug that was similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jason said:

On a second note, does it have to do with something being demolished/picked up nearby? I remember an ARK bug that was similar.

Yes, when I used to see it (many months ago), it would only happen when someone was destroying something, not just out of the blue. Knock on virtual wood, we haven't seen it since then, but we also haven't been renovating anything at our base.

I am pretty sure that you have to reach a critical mass of pieces within a certain radius before you start seeing this happen, but once you do, it will probably happen alot in the exact same spots every time. I am pretty sure it is either related to attach point chains, or duplicated object IDs. It is almost certainly exacerbated by some kind of optimization between play sessions or server restarts.

I still see a somewhat similar problem with losing foundation support on Galleons if I just leave the Galleon alone for a day.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

Yes, when I used to see it (many months ago), it would only happen when someone was destroying something, not just out of the blue. Knock on virtual wood, we haven't seen it since then, but we also haven't been renovating anything at our base.

I am pretty sure that you have to reach a critical mass of pieces within a certain radius before you start seeing this happen, but once you do, it will probably happen alot in the exact same spots every time. I am pretty sure it is either related to attach point chains, or duplicated object IDs. It is almost certainly exacerbated by some kind of optimization between play sessions or server restarts.

I still see a somewhat similar problem with losing foundation support on Galleons if I just leave the Galleon alone for a day.

I just hope this can be fixed soon, because i can't make one mistake building or i'll have to fix on so much for one mistake...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it used to happen to me, I'd just keep building whatever I was working on and ignore stuff falling apart elsewhere, then only when I was certain that I was done with the new project would I go around and fix up the battle damage.

Maybe it was luck but the one thing that never happened to me was having an infinite loop of triggering remote collapses. Primarily because I was very careful when placing fixes, so I never had to re-destroy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2019 at 5:10 PM, Jatheish said:

Hey folks,

Currently investigating the bug where structure pieces (typically ceilings) will seemingly randomly demolish as if they had no structural support. If any of you are experiencing this on the Official Network, the following info would be helpful:

  • Network:
  • Any screenshots or video demonstrating the bug:
  • Repro steps if available/applicable:
  • CCC (if location specific, please include the CCC with your report):

Cheers 🙂

 

Well i found out how it was happening to me, so when an island gets new owner ship that person can make it so no one can build on their island. But if you recently built something on the island they can go and destroy it. I watched a player today do this and asked wtf they were doing. They stated its their island now so there is no new building. Well if you can still build then this shouldnt be allowed at all. Fix your claim system its part of the main problem here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2019 at 9:19 AM, Luxfere said:

Well i found out how it was happening to me, so when an island gets new owner ship that person can make it so no one can build on their island. But if you recently built something on the island they can go and destroy it. I watched a player today do this and asked wtf they were doing. They stated its their island now so there is no new building. Well if you can still build then this shouldnt be allowed at all. Fix your claim system its part of the main problem here.

This is a seperate issue luxfere, but the solution to your problem is found by not playing on official servers 😊

 

Play unofficial, where the communities are better and more respectful. 

Edited by Fishface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That bug should have the highest priority atm. People Are Losing structures And also bookshelf etc. On them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, this has just started happening to our dock we are building for unloading Cargo Racks since for some dumb reason you can't unload those when you drop them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×