Jatheish

Vanishing Structure Pieces/Ceilings

Posted (edited)

Alright i found temporary solution for this. Before i did this,literally half of my dock would disappear and it pissed me off real bad. I tried to connect side walls with ceilings. I did some closer to support,some away from support and both ways work correctly for now. Logged of for the night and came back to see everything in place. For some may be ugly but in my case this is enclosed and nobody is supposed to see this and it isnt eyesore.

Thats it im giving up.20190516123127_1.thumb.jpg.3caa293e646c86cce610ae5afe39501d.jpg

Edited by Lukas1987

Posted (edited)

20190517235950_1.thumb.jpg.5ab9d60d87e2a5000428efe1931b58b6.jpg20190517235729_1.thumb.jpg.6c345c9b79d7bc376869502246cb57af.jpgSame in our base... when we demolish something on our harbour or close to your big stable the roofs and ceiling starts to disappear randomly.

Colonies PVE EU cheat TP D5 84383 339710 49

Edited by Tacti

Whole F'ing section bites the dust. Less PVP gun and canon fixes, and more building fixes for everyone! Getting tired of hearing it's on our radar. And new cosmetics and dungeons when the current stuff in the current zone doesn't work. Getting tired of the "it's on our radar." Between this and the whole need foundation support for boats and the boat structure limit it's getting out of hand. Stop throwing in new features, when the existing base stuff doesn't work. 

cheat TP D7 335682 -317971 3687

eu pve bracbour atoll

unknown.png

This happens when you try to nerf something that you cannot fix from Programming POV !!! When you eliminate that no structure to be ever built in air (even there was a foundation many block behind) the entire code got fucked and now you do not even know how to fix this, FFS !!! 

Revert that thing or never nerf something in programming if you cannot fix or not even know how to fix it from coding POV !!! 

My entire company tried so far many building strategies to bypass this issue and none worked !!! Fix the god damn codding issue !!! People are getting their designed houses crippled with this bug !

it seems to happens on items over the water.

when you demolish something  another item somewhere else in the grouping also breaks  as if the whole grouping is one piece rather then separate supports .

i saw this way in the past at the beginning of the game with the rope ladder when i had a mountain base if i demolished something that was attached to the sector it was on the whole rope ladder would go with it every time .

A few datapoints I find interesting from personal observation:

• Once it starts happening at a particular location, that location seems to be significantly more vulnerable to relapses.
  • The oldest structures I have built seem invulnerable to the problem, as if some optimization kicked in once I passed a number of pieces or connection points in an area.
  • I have never had this happen in a location with a direct vertical connection to solid floor.

Things I have tried (and failed):

• I created a separator between major structures (they were all connected via walkways, that could have caused them to all be treated as one giant building).
  • I increased the density of supporting pillars and floors (theoretically increasing the number of attach points to each piece).
  • I tried rotating replacements for vulnerable pieces (to utilize different connection points).

Things I haven't tried (yet):

• Replacing problematic pieces with a stone/wood counterpart (at the bottom, to see if that somehow resets the attach points).
  • Place a floor piece directly below the problematic piece (whether attached or not).
  • Subdividing long structures like docks with a separator gap.

NA PVP B12 Northumbria

So far only in this one spot. Can repair it can be fine for only minutes or hours. I have noticed it happens more when I make complete connected floor support all the way down to sea floor, which is around 30 storey. If I just use a single pillar lasts hours but still random when it does.

Atlas Tower.jpg

Atlas Tower.2.jpg

Everytime i demo a part in the area some tiles over water seem to vanish. probably connected to the code changes to reduce lag from buildings...

it not just from demolishing it also just from picking up items  as well  in that connected area i am trying to redo my pier now with just full solid floors instead of pillars and ceiling to see if it changes 

Posted (edited)

My place keeps falling apart. I have rebuilt this 6 times now. This is highly annoying please help.

I have been adding suports all over the place. This time it only took out a few walls and celing but it has been taking about 25% of my place at a time.

NA PVE Gorgan Gaze

Region: 05

Long: 91.02  Lat: 37.28

20190525120632_1.jpg

Edited by Blackorin

Ugh this is getting WORSE. It used to be that I would loose one or two Thatch ceiling tiles every time I logged in. Today I had Stone ceiling tiles disappear within 5 minutes of placing them!

It also seems that tiles disappear not just on the bottom floor, which is over the water and on pilings, but on the second floor as well. Today I lost two storage chests, fortunately not a lot in them but still frustrating.

Network: EU PVE

CCC Location: TP O8 -169708 -96975 1253

These Stone tiles were placed at 8:21 AM PST today

20190525082114_1.thumb.jpg.69640840080e457d8f54e3a7becb0392.jpg

At 8:30 AM PST some of these tiles had disappeared again

Forum seems to restrict our ability to upload pictures...

At 8:30 AM PST some of these tiles had disappeared again

20190525083048_1.thumb.jpg.250c07cce850a782a51667c857b84aa5.jpg

Tiles also missing on the second floor but I can't seem to upload any more pictures.

Posted (edited)

Screw this. STILL NOT FIXED!!!

What's up with you guys?? Break down 2 walls, loose 40 ceilings.

Really awesome 3x, lost 30% of all I build.

Again.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Sad 1

I lost my beds today, with all the expensive seeds inside, 4 hours Later I lost my treasure chest with 50K gold inside, who replaces me the request???? No Harvest Boost helps on weekends!!!!
It's time to comment on the forums entries!

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Should be obvious by now that they have no idea what is causing the problem, much less how to fix it.

I believe they are trying to think of a way to spin this into some kind of "feature" akin to "property Upkeep cost".

Some way that isn't obviously total BS.

Edited by Ktorr
  • Sad 1

I don't think distance from pillars is the issue. I have tiles that blew out today right next to pillars.

Tiles also missing on the second floor but I can't seem to upload any more pictures.

No, it hasn't been forgotten, it's quite a deep technical fix and our first round of fixes for it didn't solve the issue entirely. We're working on it!

• Like 2

Server: EU-PVE

Capture.thumb.JPG.8534040b2ccab847e17f57535e904cfe.JPG

If I place any structure/item on or extend more ceilings and then demolish it - random pieces just vanish from the platform and make many holes the more you demolish/pick up stuff around it.

cheat TP J14 242309 -229229 210

Building is one of the biggest Parts of the Game. You are ruining this Game for lots of Players by not fixing this.