Jatheish

Vanishing Structure Pieces/Ceilings

Thank you very much for all of the reports and info, everyone. I think we have a solid repro of the issue now which Should™ enable us to start hammering away on a fix. 

• Like 2

Is there any word on when this fix will be live.

It is really annoying to have to rebuild 50 ceilings PER day on our pier. 
I just logged in and did not even want to count all the missing ceilings... 

This is costing alot of time and resources to farm each day just to fix a bug that bas been put in the game :classic_sad:

See attached screenshot, before I logged yesterday the docking area had full ceilings everywhere. Now I see alot of gaping holes in the pier for no valid reason.

20190501083407_1.jpg

• Sad 1

Yup, very much appreciate all the responses here. We know how frustrating this issue is and we're grateful for all the responses. ❤️

I'd just like to add, that its related to demolishing. I noticed that even if I demo something on the other side of the building, something will vanish at random. As long as it's connected, this problem will occur

^^ same.  If I demolish something on one side of the building something else will disappear on the other side of the building.

@Bouli do you have other people in your company building things? We only experience the issue as a direct result of demolishing something, there's only two of us so building things for us is on hold until its fixed. 

Thanks for checking in @Jatheish, was scared this issue is getting put to the end of the list. Glad to know its still being worked on, kind of concerned its taking a while though. You can do it guys 😘

Mine is not due to demo at all, Cannot place it to demo.

Adding to this thread. Also happening to us NA PVP. Stone walls and ceilings disappearing randomly. 

cheat TP K9 232114 361353 -39

0292D8F6F7E58AF851586BF68CFE4B4A503E333F

Was not aware of this bug till now so this wiped out my exotic material collection I have been working on for weeks, ironically I was just about to make my first upgraded sails lol fml

7 hours ago, Shay said:

@Bouli do you have other people in your company building things? We only experience the issue as a direct result of demolishing something, there's only two of us so building things for us is on hold until its fixed. 

Thanks for checking in @Jatheish, was scared this issue is getting put to the end of the list. Glad to know its still being worked on, kind of concerned its taking a while though. You can do it guys 😘

@ShayI am part of the same company, and he alone handles the dock building whilst I build the fort. Overall whatever is built connected to the dock can be randomly demolished (The same story with my fort). Construction won't continue until this issue is fixed as it is quite game breaking due to mats being wasted and having the possibility of a vital support piece being destroyed due to a fatal piece being demolished due to this bug. 

I hope this bug gets fixed quickly as progress has been put on hold due to not being allowed to demolish something if it was placed by mistake.

@JatheishI hope the team is on full steam on this one. Godspeed to them and good luck on this mission!

EU PvE:    cheat TP D10 -275813 347484 888

RkBQyBy.jpg

We've pillared the hell out of it, and bits keep dropping off.  Also notice the wall on the left has disappeared.  The ceilings dont appear to collapse, we actually had someone see them simply disappear

Colonies, PvE, NA, The Gorgon's Gaze, Grid O5

cheat TP O5 -313430 317150 3567

2019-05-02_7-14-03.jpg

Location of missing tile . cheat TP L10 194913 -67039 144

It may be a coincidence however this tile went missing at the time when I demolished other structures near by at coordinates. cheat TP L10 198143 -63973 599 a couple of hours ago

I have observed other tiles going missing around the same time as demolishing pieces

Missing tile.jpg

Posted (edited)

NA PVE 

K5 

Cheat TP Wall: 303657 -142902 109 

Cheat TP Floor: 298990 -140321 110

So i have found out that when i delete another structure piece. This disappearing act seems to happen, for me at least. 

I got this thatch wall here that keeps disappearing on me. As im building my base, replacing my thatch for stone. When i deleted OR Replaced a structure it seemed to make this section disappear. So i decided to go around slowly trying to see if i could recreate it, and i did! This foundation seemed to cause this wall to vanish. I have tested it multiple times and it has worked 100%. 

Floor.png

Wall.png

Edited by Cheif10

Posted (edited)

Guys, the game is automatically deleting my Twatch constructions.

anyone more have this problem?

I was playing now, parts my house was fading in me front. !!!

Edited by FatalCrazy

Yes, our wooden structures are demolishing even if we place something in a totally different place unrelated to that structure. Its a bridge connecting 2 cliffs and supported by pillars. 2-3 ceilings get destroyed if we place any structure on oir base.

Posted (edited)

Just to add some extra information to the pool:

I've been working on a new construction project. One of the first parts built was the bridge that acts as an entry way. It has been perfectly fine for over a week, then today I died due to starvation, ran back to continue construction and saw this

20190503043843_1.jpg

EU PvE - cheat TP M11 250237 -109215 309

Interestingly it seemed to take 3 sloped walls with it, which were attached to the support structure.

Edited by Kidori

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kidori said:

Just to add some extra information to the pool:

I've been working on a new construction project. One of the first parts built was the bridge that acts as an entry way. It has been perfectly fine for over a week, then today I died due to starvation, ran back to continue construction and saw this

20190503043843_1.jpg

EU PvE - cheat TP M11 250237 -109215 309

Interestingly it seemed to take 3 sloped walls with it, which were attached to the support structure.

Update:

20190503072245_1.jpg

I turn around and more chunks are missing...

Edited by Kidori

Posted (edited)

If you play like "one floor foundation holds max. 10 structures" everything is fine 😉

Edited by Ameesa

Yes, had this happening to ceilings... on day 1 of build, random ceilings would disappear, but stopped having the problem beyond day 1 of the build.

Removing any ceiling or wall or anything from your house will result in disappearing of already built structure items. 

Network: EU PVE 

Screenshots: [Removing an item from your structure | https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TR2vg35FL_4KydKsveO9dcc0Hpp7cleS]  and the result here [Disappearing of already built items of your house in other part of your house |https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TxmAg7QMbmtPaVvGj1zAhL50hhVSWYgW]

Repro steps: Construct any higher structure/house above water level on pillars (as foundation) and try to destroy one of the walls or ceilings. Any removed item (ceiling/wall) from the structure will result in far away disappearing structure items already built few days ago. (please see the pictures for more info)

CCC: cheat TP C4 -158265 6512 243

As a mention : The entire Island named "The Colossal Atoll" from C4 is affected by this issue !!! Wherever you try to build a higher base or a pontoon or a bridge (based on foundations or pillars) by removing a mistaken already placed celling or wall will result in a far away missing from the structure or house !!! 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

We were building a bit in the Background of the second Image. On the second image a complete bridge vanished. Ceilings and Floors.

Edit: 1 Door and 1 Gate also vanished 😄

20190503225309-1.jpg

20190503225449-1.jpg

Edited by Banyk

cheat TP K9 228831 364316 621

A few more decided to vanish today, luckily not with any material boxes on this time :classic_tongue:

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true