Sign in to follow this  
Captain 420

Now empires is dead, time to increase alliance limit on colonies?

Now that the empires server is no more, will we see an increase in alliance limit on colonies? We have several splintered alliances at the moment due to the alliance cap and would be nice to get them all in the same one

So you want to finish killing off the colonies server now?

It's dieing already,dont think they need to help it along.

"Hey! Let's change our remaining server that has some population to more closely resemble the ruleset of that server that had like 50 players on it!"

Sounds like a legit idea. New players will probably flood the game bro.

Edited by Back Stabbath

Might start wanting to get get donations and get your own servers up. The merge is coming for the short run, the long run looks bleak.

If the devs were smart they would reboot the empires server. But bring it up as a server focused on small company gameplay.

Might be able to save thier game.

This server was suppose to be small tribe friendly. Why increase alliance numbers to make it a little easier for the big guys?

They either don't see or don't care that they are killing the player base.

Sad thing is the devs are letting them.

let's be real... the devs had a reddit channel with direct communication with all the mega leaders up till not too long ago. if the devs really wanted empires to work, they would have had actually listened to the mega leaders when they said get rid of the old claim system and use the settlement system and raid windows in the empires server just with increased company limits. the devs didn't listen and we all knew what the result was going to be... idk why everyone is so surprised with those results... we all saw it coming.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 9:21 AM, Captain 420 said:

Now that the empires server is no more, will we see an increase in alliance limit on colonies? We have several splintered alliances at the moment due to the alliance cap and would be nice to get them all in the same one

You do realize the whole point of the two different systems was to attempt to separate out the small/solo companies from the mega zergs right? The fact it failed and all the megas went to colonies does not change the fact colonies was supposed to be for the "little" guy(s). What you suggest caters to the megas which is in direct opposition to the whole point of the colonies system. There is a reason the alliances are restricted in colonies and were not on "empires". It is to intentionally attempt to restrict the megas. The devs and all the small/solo players want you to be splintered (not that that is even that big of a deal with discord). I really hope they do not change their minds on the alliances. It would be bad for the game.

18 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

You do realize the whole point of the two different systems was to attempt to separate out the small/solo companies from the mega zergs right? The fact it failed and all the megas went to colonies does not change the fact colonies was supposed to be for the "little" guy(s). What you suggest caters to the megas which is in direct opposition to the whole point of the colonies system. There is a reason the alliances are restricted in colonies and were not on "empires". It is to intentionally attempt to restrict the megas. The devs and all the small/solo players want you to be splintered (not that that is even that big of a deal with discord). I really hope they do not change their minds on the alliances. It would be bad for the game.

It failed, they listened to the wrong crowd, to appeal to just the larger groups. They could have made 2 servers up one 10-25 caps and 1 250 caps and go away with it. Let the megas join together and fight it out there, allowing us to choose to join in with them under a single banner if we so desired. Would it have failed? yes totally because megas want to have the player base.

Do i despise mega tribes? yes in a game like this that is not supportive of mega tribes. The game limits imposed on players are bad, being a 150 man server cap forcing your own crew to not be able to log in and defend or attack. With hard limits of 25 or so, it allows a couple allied teams go in and attack with the main force. Now I am seeing over whelming odds against you for defense. Flood the servers, ddos it and wham you got an easy win.

Do i completely despise mega tribes? hell no i used to be apart of them. There is games that support this type of game play, but not atlas. The hardware demands are too great to support any of this, and the fact the AC engine and server networking support is not there. Its just that simple.

It still is a good ship game if they focused more on that, and i am sure the megas would agree it has potential, but not at 250 man crews it doesn't. You will never be able to support such a large group in one server, so you have to make up different servers to attack at the same time. That is all they can do, or lose members.

• Like 1

Alliance limits should be increased to 5-6..  per..  don't care if its only 2 groups allowed.
Reason i say this is some of the server grids have 5-6 islands..  it would beneficial for a grid to form their own alliance if all 5-6 islands are different companies?

5 hours ago, Dunxel said:

Alliance limits should be increased to 5-6..  per..  don't care if its only 2 groups allowed.
Reason i say this is some of the server grids have 5-6 islands..  it would beneficial for a grid to form their own alliance if all 5-6 islands are different companies?

It makes 0 sense to keep improving on mega alliance sizes. This is the reason why so many complain about it... Really this game just then supports more pve action when you just ally up. Think about it for awhile then come back with that same response. Mega vrs Mega should be the new server.

I'd rather have a system in the game which allows Companies to get skill levels similar to ships and then the Owner can decide if he want's to put skill points into increased member limit, more alliance memberships or whatever could be in such a Company Skilltree.

Otherwise I expect devs to change the Company limits all day long for the rest of the time.

On 4/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, Sneakydude said:

It makes 0 sense to keep improving on mega alliance sizes. This is the reason why so many complain about it... Really this game just then supports more pve action when you just ally up. Think about it for awhile then come back with that same response. Mega vrs Mega should be the new server.

I guess what i am trying to say is..

If a server has 4-6 Island..  Then why can't a single Alliance Group have 6 members.  This way a Server can have its own alliance..  Smaller groups would own a single island.. not multiples..  Typically Megas will own more than 1 island on the same grid. but not always..  so the 4 member limits per group technically benefits the Mega more than the Small companies.

6 islands max per server = 6 members per Alliance Group.  This way a single server can actually setup 1 server alliance.. instead of creating 2x Alliances to communicate to all the islands.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:54 AM, Dunxel said:

I guess what i am trying to say is..

If a server has 4-6 Island..  Then why can't a single Alliance Group have 6 members.  This way a Server can have its own alliance..  Smaller groups would own a single island.. not multiples..  Typically Megas will own more than 1 island on the same grid. but not always..  so the 4 member limits per group technically benefits the Mega more than the Small companies.

6 islands max per server = 6 members per Alliance Group.  This way a single server can actually setup 1 server alliance.. instead of creating 2x Alliances to communicate to all the islands.

Here look at this, alliances are not great to increase for mega's they are already moving around the world. The more you increase the easier it is to remove all small groups and absorb everyone until the size is so big. Like i was saying Mega vrs Mega is the way to go, if you want a small tribe inside of that mess then go for it. Many forget the reason why this colonies server was setup in the beginning. Now want more cake and eat it too?

61veo83j8mv21.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

these silly company limits on alliances just screw over small companies more than they help them...dunno who thought this would stop big companies to work together (which isn't wrong in the first place) but it just makes it impossible for smaller companies to a) form a big enough alliance with enough small companies or b) god forbid work together with bigger companies as they don't get an alliance slot due to their size. you can't even form grid alliances with the limits even if only 1 company owns 1 island per grid while there should be more companies per island by design *shrug* 

in the end the result is big companies are annoyed as the alliance system is crap for them too but can and do work around this. so if there has to be limits on alliance members it should be PLAYERS and not companies tho i still think these limits don't help the small ones but in the end make it a pain for all.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:21 AM, Captain 420 said:

you killed one server why the fuck would you want changes made to help kill a 2nd server?

On 5/3/2019 at 4:49 AM, Xenom said:

these silly company limits on alliances just screw over small companies more than they help them...dunno who thought this would stop big companies to work together (which isn't wrong in the first place) but it just makes it impossible for smaller companies to a) form a big enough alliance with enough small companies or b) god forbid work together with bigger companies as they don't get an alliance slot due to their size. you can't even form grid alliances with the limits even if only 1 company owns 1 island per grid while there should be more companies per island by design *shrug* 

in the end the result is big companies are annoyed as the alliance system is crap for them too but can and do work around this. so if there has to be limits on alliance members it should be PLAYERS and not companies tho i still think these limits don't help the small ones but in the end make it a pain for all.

smaller companies can merge

1 hour ago, Daish said:

smaller companies can merge

Nice joke, getting people to merge on an NA server is like asking them to kill a puppy. Everyone wants their small friend group to be their own thing, they want nothing to do with anything larger than a 5-10 man group, all of them want to control large swaths of land but refuse to actually be in a group large enough to defend it, then complain when someone larger than them decides that they want to take the land.

2 hours ago, Evir said:

Nice joke, getting people to merge on an NA server is like asking them to kill a puppy. Everyone wants their small friend group to be their own thing, they want nothing to do with anything larger than a 5-10 man group, all of them want to control large swaths of land but refuse to actually be in a group large enough to defend it, then complain when someone larger than them decides that they want to take the land.

promote company caps being lower then 75 people then the next time the server is wiped 

I wonder how Eve would have turned out if they forced small Corp and alliance sizes. 

I demand to own my own system or 3.  When a mega corp shows up with some titans I am going to bitch to the devs that their capped company should not be here and they should make a separate Eve server for them. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I wonder how Eve would have turned out if they forced small Corp and alliance sizes. 

I demand to own my own system or 3.  When a mega corp shows up with some titans I am going to bitch to the devs that their capped company should not be here and they should make a separate Eve server for them. 

you cant lose everything you own in eve you fucking idiot you are comparing completely different game play styles 

you would need areas in atlas that are immune to pvp 24/7 that allows you to build and store resources if you want to compare it to something like Eve

Edited by Daish

Yes you can lose everything you own in Eve and you can protect important things in Atlas.  Lot of people live out of POS'es and Wormholes.  There are similarities and this game will change. 

As it changes I don't see the people constantly bitching about large companies changing their tune.  There is a weird class of gamer in this game and I have a feeling a lot of them are from ARK or of the same mindset as ARK players and a big wide open world where anything goes and working together in large groups is not their cup of tea.  I aim to counter the weight they bring to this game so its not a watered down pirate simulation where we have to ask for ingame approval to attack someone before we can PvP.  don't poopoo that as being an option because it does exist and I am repulsed by it. 

25 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Yes you can lose everything you own in Eve and you can protect important things in Atlas.  Lot of people live out of POS'es and Wormholes.  There are similarities and this game will change. 

As it changes I don't see the people constantly bitching about large companies changing their tune.  There is a weird class of gamer in this game and I have a feeling a lot of them are from ARK or of the same mindset as ARK players and a big wide open world where anything goes and working together in large groups is not their cup of tea.  I aim to counter the weight they bring to this game so its not a watered down pirate simulation where we have to ask for ingame approval to attack someone before we can PvP.  don't poopoo that as being an option because it does exist and I am repulsed by it. 

there is nothing stopping people from working together that's what alliances are 

If anything, more/unlimited alliance slots would mean that smaller companies, that are not "worth" an alliance slot size wise, would get into an alliance and could participate in the game.