Sign in to follow this  
Vorxius

Fountain of Youth

Just curious if this is still a thing.  I know we all have nice healthy fit and able bodied toons right now, but I guess that'll be changing soon..   I'm dreading the time when i have to run that shoyte show, and wanted to know if it's as bad as ever, or if it's improved...

Curious if I need to hit the Zubrowka hard before trying it....

I’m looking forward to it, that gauntlet was fun. I know some companies may have fought their way to it but a lot of people just ran and figured out a path. I was one of the ones who just ran, multiple deaths but it was fun.

• Like 1

I just ran too, butt naked. In fact the bit I found the most difficult was getting to the cave entrance, the wolves were troublesome. Once inside the cave it was pretty easy to run and dodge then spam 'E'.

I think i'm 56 yrs right now, so also looking forward to hitting 90 and getting my 10% boost!

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 2

Thanks for the replies everyone!    I'm dreading it, but I look forward to hearing how you get on!!

Just think about the sweet stacking perma-buff you will get. 

When the time comes put on some good music, get naked and enjoy the ridiculousness of it all. 

• Haha 1

dying 100 times over to level 255 snakes is not what i call fun...let me bring my Trex into the cave oh wait wrong game. 

1 minute ago, sgzeroone said:

With most of the content in this game designed for large groups what do you expect?

No-one has said anything about it needing large groups. FoY is easy solo, literally run in run out.

12 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

No-one has said anything about it needing large groups. FoY is easy solo, literally run in run out.

Oh please send me that video of you just running in once and running out without dying 100 times without the spawns being messed with by others.

If the intention of this event is to die 100 times trying to run a gauntlet of mobs, it just might be the worst designed event I have ever seen in a game.

...I HOPE THEY FIX IT.

...and yes by saying "fix", I do believe it is broken.

Edited by sgzeroone

10 minutes ago, sgzeroone said:

Oh please send me that video of you just running in once and running out without dying 100 times without the spawns being messed with by others.

If the intention of this event is to die 100 times trying to run a gauntlet of mobs, it just might be the worst designed event I have ever seen in a game.

...I HOPE THEY FIX IT.

...and yes by saying "fix", I do believe it is broken.

I don't have a video of it, but I never died close to 100 times. Of the 3 times I attempted pre-wipe the most attempts it took (which was on the last time I did it) was 7 times. If you can get to the cave entrance then it's pretty easy going inside the cave.

In fact the second time I did it I did actually run to the cave, get in, make my way to the FoY, spammed 'E', got the rejuvination, then got hit by a bat and I ran back out. Ran past a wolf on the beach as I jumped into the water and swam away.

Easy peasy.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

11 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I don't have a video of it, but I never died close to 100 times. Of the 3 times I attempted pre-wipe the most attempts it took (which was on the last time I did it) was 7 times. If you can get to the cave entrance then it's pretty easy going inside the cave.

In fact the second time I did it I did actually run to the cave, get in, make my way to the FoY, spammed 'E', got the rejuvination, then got hit by a bat and I ran back out. Ran past a wolf on the beach as I jumped into the water and swam away.

Easy peasy.

Well you must have gone at the right time or after a group that cleared it.  Cause when my group of 3 did it pre-wipe with about 20-30 others running about we ran into all kinds of bad stuff from lions to fire elementals.  It was silly cause the lead guy running would grab aggro and that's the only way we got past.

C6 is the best ruins and easiest. Pull up south west side of the island swim right up to cave entrance. No running from tiger or huge mobs.

I did it 2 times last wipe, one time on my way out i even run through the pit at the bottom of the cave and made it out alive.

Just dont go to the hard caves for the FoY!

4 hours ago, seruum said:

C6 is the best ruins and easiest. Pull up south west side of the island swim right up to cave entrance. No running from tiger or huge mobs.

This is a really interesting point, one I never considered before....

FoY isles being different, and varying 'difficulty'.   I wonder then if particular isles (like C6) may actually be far more solo friendly.   I think I'd prefer a longer boat trip, and pull out less hair, than short boat trip and forever spend my days bald! lol

Maybe this is the perfect FoY ratings page:

SO there's 8 in total across the maps...  Perhaps we can rate them in difficulty?

Nothing is ever going to be a piece of cake, Seruum kind of insinuates that C6 is a walk in the park... wonder if anyone can verify if you live nearby?  I'd go but all the way down near M12, pita!  I betcha that the Golden Isles near us will be the biggest head-desk-smashing isle of the lot!

1 hour ago, Vorxius said:

This is a really interesting point, one I never considered before....

FoY isles being different, and varying 'difficulty'.   I wonder then if particular isles (like C6) may actually be far more solo friendly.   I think I'd prefer a longer boat trip, and pull out less hair, than short boat trip and forever spend my days bald! lol

Maybe this is the perfect FoY ratings page:

SO there's 8 in total across the maps...  Perhaps we can rate them in difficulty?

Nothing is ever going to be a piece of cake, Seruum kind of insinuates that C6 is a walk in the park... wonder if anyone can verify if you live nearby?  I'd go but all the way down near M12, pita!  I betcha that the Golden Isles near us will be the biggest head-desk-smashing isle of the lot!

I did M12 pre-wipe, and is one of the reasons I chose a grid near M12 because I found it so easy. It wasn't until the 3rd visit to the FoY that I realised going long the water to the closest point of the cave entrance was much easier than running across the land.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I did M12 pre-wipe, and is one of the reasons I chose a grid near M12 because I found it so easy. It wasn't until the 3rd visit to the FoY that I realised going long the water to the closest point of the cave entrance was much easier than running across the land.

Just made me a very happy person!   Thanks for the tip!

20 hours ago, sgzeroone said:

Well you must have gone at the right time or after a group that cleared it.  Cause when my group of 3 did it pre-wipe with about 20-30 others running about we ran into all kinds of bad stuff from lions to fire elementals.  It was silly cause the lead guy running would grab aggro and that's the only way we got past.

Not necessarily ... it varies a lot.
My first rejuvination was pure chaos and took multiple attempts. And yes, the final run was anti-climatic ... that was a case where all the bad stuff was dealt with by others.

But later in the Anarchy period I went for my second dip in the fountain. Again I tried several times but spread out over days, a single run at the time (because it is no fun). The final run was a sneak walk outside -seeing baddies and avoiding them- with a lot of luck and a clear sprint inside and back out. I sneaked back the way I came , swam back to the ship and sailed away. I was the only player in the quadrant.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:25 PM, Meerkat said:

When the time comes put on some good music, get naked and enjoy the ridiculousness of it all. 

Just like real life!!! 

Edited by Hattrix