Keins Thallow

Whats so hard about lowering SHOP COSTS??

Seriously. Why is the upkeep set so prohibitively high??  You've let out a few small and 1 major patch now since then. And here we sit with not a single player shop up on official.   Please send help...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Keins Thallow said:

Seriously. Why is the upkeep set so prohibitively high??  You've let out a few small and 1 major patch now since then. And here we sit with not a single player shop up on official.   Please send help...

It's part of the game we haven't reached / explored yet.   Is this upkeep on maintaining your own island?    Who controls the shops then?  Is it not all player driven?

They player shops cost a Gold / per Minute.  Which for most tribes that aren't packing 50+ members is way too expensive to justify  bothering.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

Yes to this. Throughout all of the changes I would say at least some peopl likes the changes no matter what.

but with this upkeep of the player shops I haven’t seen even one person stand up and say they like the 1400 upkeep. 

Map in reality if 100% of the people dislike something you would think they would instantly change it. This is surprising.

hell I even saw a couple of people that were fine with them adding the metal and sap to the stone structures lmao.

Not one damn person likes the 1400 upkeep

• Like 1

Because they aren't being used yet, people underestimate how MASSIVE this part of the game could be.  Sad its being walled behind a Gold Sink.  I'd gladly travel to my nearest FP and buy the woods, metals, oils, gems of diff kinds from other players for crafting. 

39 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

They player shops cost a Gold / per Minute.  Which for most tribes that aren't packing 50+ members is way too expensive to justify  bothering.

1 gold a minute?   OK I understand you now, that's just strange.

Yeah this is beyond frustrating, even if you have a million man tribe this is still a ridiculous cost. The Net profit you make would never cover it.

The shop should cost NOTHING.  It should be there to promote trade.  We cannot afford one, so we can't trade.  Boneheaded decision.  One more reason to leave the game.  One of my crew was excited to get one set up, and even made one.  Then he learned that it would take something like 1,000 gold per day.  Are you fucking kidding me?  It shouldn't cost anything to run. Not one single gold piece.  It should be nothing more than a mechanic to allow trade to happen.  Period.

• Like 5

Our island costs about 1248 gold per day.  We are struggling to just keep that amount of gold.  We tried to go whaling.  Went through, I kid you not, over 20 Tundra and Polar grids and saw not one single spout.  The only whale we saw was Moby Dick, who came after us, and we killed it.  The amount of gold we got was disappointing.  Took the wind right out of our sails, no pun intended.  I believe it was 968 gold.  I mean are you fucking kidding me?  You know how long that trip took us?  We only have 6 to 8 guys playing, and all of them were on that ship manning the helm and ballistas.  All of them logged off, and we had two people left when Moby Dick attacked.

So how the hell are we supposed to keep 1,000 gold for a player shop.  It's mind numbingly infuriating.

• Like 1

Indeed 1 gold per min is silly. Why not just set a tax on items sold or something like that. Also i put up a stack of 1000 items and set the price to 200. Then you would think if you pay 1 gold you get 5 items. But no, item price each was 1 gold. So someone bought 3 to test it and that did cost that person 3 gold. Not sure if they could buy the whole stack for 200. Or if they then also only would get 200 items. So it seems minimum price per item is 1 gold, wich is not handy for selling stacks, to say the least.

They Know Shop Maintenance cost is ludicrous they have put in updates since admitting this and yet it hasn't changed which means I am done with this game again!

I came back for Vendors and Vendors don't work surprise, surprise!!!  

• Like 1

Agreed. Jat has posted saying they heard us on the feedback of this, but why it wasn’t immediately changed in the next patch is baffling. I can’t imagine it should be anything other than changing a value in a field. Meanwhile one of your latest and most anticipated pieces of content goes universally unused because of a disconnected from reality initial rent structure. 

• Like 2

I feel like its being "SAVED", for when they release the next MEGA patch so they can taut it as a NEW IMPROVED FEATURE to draw players back....... What about the loyal players who have stayed through all this chaos???  Really shady imo.

3 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

I feel like its being "SAVED", for when they release the next MEGA patch so they can taut it as a NEW IMPROVED FEATURE to draw players back....... What about the loyal players who have stayed through all this chaos???  Really shady imo.

People won’t be coming back. Hardly any came back after the last mega update and numbers are still dropping 

5 hours ago, Realist said:

People won’t be coming back. Hardly any came back after the last mega update and numbers are still dropping 

I think that actually has to do with the word getting out that Megas were going to Colonies.  I think many people saw the writing on the wall, and so they stayed away.

16 hours ago, Realist said:

So says the lame who doesn't own the game...……. yet continues to post....