Sign in to follow this  
Enki Anunnaki

There should be a company leader voting system.

21 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

You literally just made a post about voting in a new leader.... you have so much experience in this game... you've bypassed HUGE issues with the game already.

correction: i literally made a post suggesting players have the option to join companies that have the option of electing a leader that represents the company instead of just himself.

boo fucking hoo. game breaker, i know.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
and your right i do have experiance in this game (and life) enough to know some people are not equipped to lead and it's sad to see a group fall apart because they are stuck with that "leader" and lose everything anyways.

20 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

correction: i literally made a post suggesting players have the option to join companies that have the option of electing a leader that represents the company instead of just himself.

boo fucking hoo. game breaker, i know.

lol whatever kid.

14 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

lol whatever kid.

such substance. *slow clap* someone get this man a participation trophy. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
lmao, i scrolled up and see he already received one. good job bolo.

100% agree, however I'd not make it weekly, just make it an option in general. Pre-wipe we was in a company, leader went ape and demoted all admins over night out of paranoia that after months  of playing we would randomly declaim flags and leave. He was hardly online, did nothing but build up a town from the tax bank only he had access to and we all had a lot more to lose. One minute he was willing  to give leader because we didn't want  to have him there anymore,  3 hours later 180'd his choice which ended up with us all leaving and destroying the company (he was left with 2 members after everyone left because he didn't want to step down.) Fortunately because we secured alliances we joined one of the companies we was close with and he "didn't want to damage the alliance" so let us leave peacefully with our things (unlike previously where he trapped members he didn't like and forced them to leave their stuff behind despite all most all of the admins disagreeing.) 

I understand the "you should do research" argument but this isn't like World of Warcraft where you can look into the history of a group and they'll have their own websites etc. this is Atlas and having to worry about if someone will change their mind within the next hour isn't nice in a game where you can spend so much time building everything then have no right to it if that person decides. This would be a huge protection for communities.

The only REAL issue I could see is if someone recruited a large group of friends and they coup d'etat but that's more so on the leader for trusting a large group of individuals.

Edited by Broadley27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

You are literally a waste of space on these forums.  

You don't have to be so Harsh on yourself...

5 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Now, ive wanted to write about this topic before as i've seen this issue with companies and individuals but now im compelled to actually write about it because i have finally recently actually become the victim of these kind of events.

Im not gonna do names or go to into extreme detail of this event here, but i've recently experienced an instance where i had joined day one of wipe, a new lawless company devised of random people in the lawless zone. (many of which were solo's or people that had come from pve servers prewipe). the owner of the new pvp company who seemed grounded at first, eventually flipped on a dime.. had a mental breakdown.. screaming, lying, exaggerating/distorting events, blaming others for his negligence and kicking out people all willy nilly, the whole 9. textbook sociopathic scream fit kinda episodes..

It was discussed among many in the chat about the incompetence and outrage (right before the episode that got me booted from the company and banned from the discord lulz...) (sucked cuz i wish i had added a lot of those guys because now i don't remember their tags) We knew that we didn't wanna lose all our hard earned farming/taming/prestige from pvp and start a new group... talked about how we wished he would have resigned from ownership for the good of the company.. but alas.

Wouldn't it be great if the leader was actually chosen by and represented the will and ambition of the people that actually make up the company.

Please make a weekly company owner/leader vote system, @Jatheish. You would be a hero.

So.. you get someone to invite you to their group. Few days later you get them to invite your mates, because you're oh so cool and hardworking etc.

Then when your mates are all in, you vote the guy who built the company up out, take over, kick him out, take all his stuff.

Now I know why there isn't a voting system.

Edited by Martyn

7 minutes ago, Martyn said:

So.. you get someone to invite you to their group. Few days later you get them to invite your mates, because you're oh so cool and hardworking etc.

Then when your mates are all in, you vote the guy you build the company up out, take over, kick him out, take all his stuff.

Now I know why there isn't a voting system.

you sound like you're talking about globalist immigration policy IRL 😉 .. perhaps new members have to wait an election or two to vote. again, it would be up to the current leader who gets invited, has power to invite and such. much like it already is with the risk of insiding with the current leadership model. 

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

Just now, Enki Anunnaki said:

you sound like youre talking about globlist immigration policy 😉 .. perhaps new members have to wait an election. again, it would be up to the current leader who gets invited, has power to invite and such. much like it already is with the risk of insiding with the current leadership model. 

I think the main problem is some owners don't make ranks and don't make people admin and so on.  ie they don't trust you.. or they bring you in, you get everything killed, use all the resources, leave stuff untidy and they throw afit and kick you all out.. Which is why I don't join other people's companies, i make my own.  And I make ranks and make admins and let them run the company.

3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I think the main problem is some owners don't make ranks and don't make people admin and so on.  ie they don't trust you.. or they bring you in, you get everything killed, use all the resources, leave stuff untidy and they throw afit and kick you all out.. Which is why I don't join other people's companies, i make my own.  And I make ranks and make admins and let them run the company.

true. but let's be real, if the voting system was implemented, barely anyone would sign on to a dictatorship lead company. (the old way). most would like the idea of potential advancement and standing based on their proven value to the group. those individuals would shine. the original owner would need to be worthy and respectful to maintain his position, otherwise he'll be replaced and as long as he tried and was respectful, he won't be kicked and he will still have respect and time to improve his standing with his peers for the next election. even if a group of friends joined and pooled their votes, it would be hard to beat a worthy leader.

As long as you make it optional i dont think anyone minds too much. If you force it on all players.. no thanks. There are way too many ways to abuse that. Also weekly? 😛 Bit drastic..

• Like 2

On 4/24/2019 at 2:36 PM, Grongash said:

As long as you make it optional i dont think anyone minds too much. If you force it on all players.. no thanks. There are way too many ways to abuse that. Also weekly? 😛 Bit drastic..

i agree that it should be optional, but i strongly suggest it be an actual option.

i wouldn't know for sure what the ideal time between elections would be.. but i strongly believe democratic companies and colonie settlements (at least the ability for a company members to kick a toxic leader or member by 2/3rds) would be a great benefit to our gaming community as a whole while helping to eliminate toxicity within companies. 

It's also viable way to combat abusive mega tribes.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

On 4/24/2019 at 9:48 AM, Bolognapwny said:

Na im good man, go head and stop posting please... you already helped destroy this game.

this game was destroyed by not being able to start as a new player without joining a big group. more players, and *new* players is what makes a game last. They are making it better (by being literally *playable* for new players)

We need to be very careful about removing people from power though. it had better require an 80% vote or else leadership will just start being less welcoming to people they don't know