Sign in to follow this  
Enki Anunnaki

There should be a company leader voting system.

Now, ive wanted to write about this topic before as i've seen this issue with companies and individuals but now im compelled to actually write about it because i have finally recently actually become the victim of these kind of events.

Im not gonna do names or go to into extreme detail of this event here, but i've recently experienced an instance where i had joined day one of wipe, a new lawless company devised of random people in the lawless zone. (many of which were solo's or people that had come from pve servers prewipe). the owner of the new pvp company who seemed grounded at first, eventually flipped on a dime.. had a mental breakdown.. screaming, lying, exaggerating/distorting events, blaming others for his negligence and kicking out people all willy nilly, the whole 9. textbook sociopathic scream fit kinda episodes..

It was discussed among many in the chat about the incompetence and outrage (right before the episode that got me booted from the company and banned from the discord lulz...) (sucked cuz i wish i had added a lot of those guys because now i don't remember their tags) We knew that we didn't wanna lose all our hard earned farming/taming/prestige from pvp and start a new group... talked about how we wished he would have resigned from ownership for the good of the company.. but alas.

Wouldn't it be great if the leader was actually chosen by and represented the will and ambition of the people that actually make up the company.

Please make a weekly company owner/leader vote system, @Jatheish. You would be a hero.

46 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Now, ive wanted to write about this topic before as i've seen this issue with companies and individuals but now im compelled to actually write about it because i have finally recently actually become the victim of these kind of events.

Im not gonna do names or go to into extreme detail of this event here, but i've recently experienced an instance where i had joined day one of wipe, a new lawless company devised of random people in the lawless zone. (many of which were solo's or people that had come from pve servers prewipe). the owner of the new pvp company who seemed grounded at first, eventually flipped on a dime.. had a mental breakdown.. screaming, lying, exaggerating/distorting events, blaming others for his negligence and kicking out people all willy nilly, the whole 9. textbook sociopathic scream fit kinda episodes..

It was discussed among many in the chat about the incompetence and outrage (right before the episode that got me booted from the company and banned from the discord lulz...) (sucked cuz i wish i had added a lot of those guys because now i don't remember their tags) We knew that we didn't wanna lose all our hard earned farming/taming/prestige from pvp and start a new group... talked about how we wished he would have resigned from ownership for the good of the company.. but alas.

Wouldn't it be great if the leader was actually chosen by and represented the will and ambition of the people that actually make up the company.

Please make a weekly company owner/leader vote system, @Jatheish. You would be a hero.

Wait so you just vote out the leader on a weekly basis? Nah, your fight club was a good idea and hopefully that went well or now that this happened hopefully you do it.

but no, it is the players responsibility to research the company they are joining. Regardless of the kind of person the leader is if he started the company and put in the time to build it up there should definitely not be this voting system.

you gotta remember what game this is. You are going to find that most of the players that play this game are going to be bad. Just because they are bad doesn’t mean they should be stripped of their work just like you didn’t want to be stripped of yours. The difference is he took the time alto start up a company.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Wait so you just vote out the leader on a weekly basis? Nah, your fight club was a good idea and hopefully that went well or now that this happened hopefully you do it.

but no, it is the players responsibility to research the company they are joining. Regardless of the kind of person the leader is if he started the company and put in the time to build it up there should definitely not be this voting system.

you gotta remember what game this is. You are going to find that most of the players that play this game are going to be bad. Just because they are bad doesn’t mean they should be stripped of their work just like you didn’t want to be stripped of yours. The difference is he took the time alto start up a company.

But that's the thing, it's the company that builds the company, not just a figurehead. I've lead a large group prewipe and i know better than to be so arrogant as to take credit for most my company's past accomplishments and glories.. also, i spent more time building this group i mentioned in the op, training them in pvp than the actual leader was, then i was stripped of my rank, time and work for questioning a sociopath. there should be consequences for incompetency, just like there is in real life corporations. a company shouldn't have to dissolve and go bankrupt in order to get rid of corruption, there needs to be options.

14 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

But that's the thing, it's the company that builds the company, not just a figurehead. I've lead a large group prewipe and i know better than to be so arrogant as to take credit for most my company's past accomplishments and glories.. also, i spent more time building this group i mentioned in the op, training them in pvp than the actual leader was, then i was stripped of my rank, time and work for questioning a sociopath. there should be consequences for incompetency, just like there is in real life corporations. a company shouldn't have to dissolve and go bankrupt in order to get rid of corruption, there needs to be options.

That is called insiding and it happened a lot on ark. I am not saying that it doesn’t suck what happened to you, the thing is I siding is what should have happened. Mainly you should have gotten together with they guys you liked in the company and got together to start stashing resources to start a new company.

the only reason I am disagreeing with you is that devs should not intervene in company affairs. Regardless if the leader is an idiot. That would set a dangerous precedent.

but yes it does suck that it happened to you but Insiding is already a tool. Tribes have been able to dismantle whole bases and vaults filled with loot before the leader even gets online. But  with the people that are really good the only thing the leader will have left is his title lol

Edited by Realist

what i am suggesting is not insiding, its called shareholders having a stake in the company and wanting to select a ceo that does whats best for the company. it works in real life, it will work in this game as well. i understand where you are coming from, but if i ceo who owns a company and wants to crash n burn it, he shouldn't be allowed to take on investors and be able to get away with defrauding them.

perhaps two systems should be implemented that can be observed at company admittance. 1. a king that can't be usurped and can be a tyrant at his leisure. 2. a ceo that is selected by his peers, weekly. 

Guess which system most people will choose to join. at least you'd have an idea of what kind of company atmosphere you'd be joining without intense research, that's for sure.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
combined my last posts.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

these are the posts... that have put us where Atlas is today.... ugh.

atlas is in a good position, today. advancing in the right direction. so... ugh... god damn progress.

4 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

these are the posts... that have put us where Atlas is today.... ugh.

Too many trophies for so few reasons.

The World has to eat too I guess.

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

atlas is in a good position, today. advancing in the right direction. so... ugh... god damn progress.

its bleeding players everyday... So good position man... lmao

The Titanic is a beautiful ship , the weather is great and we are all having a blast.....

Just now, Master_Pain said:

This is quite possibly the dumbest idea that I have ever seen on the forums.

people said raid windows were a bad idea when i suggested it, too.

1 minute ago, Master_Pain said:

This is quite possibly the dumbest idea that I have ever seen on the forums.

lets not just start handing out awards, sure it is a contender but there has been a lot of competition, maybe we can have a vote or something?  😉

2 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

lmao yeah man, you totally are the reason they implemented a system thats already been around for years in other games... totally your original idea... I can see now this IDEA IS FLAWLESS!!!!

3 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Everyone and their mother suggested raid windows.

39 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

lmao yeah man, you totally are the reason they implemented a system thats already been around for years in other games... totally your original idea... I can see now this IDEA IS FLAWLESS!!!!

i understand that you might lack deductive reasoning on the fly so ill repeat it for you. I never implied that i was the reason or the first to suggest. i said i suggested it before it was implemented and was givin ridicule just like i am today for this idea. at least you have enough knowledge to know it works in other games and at least grasp logic enough to see why i suggested it. its the same logic that makes me believe that a ceo elected by shareholders is a good idea as well.

it works well in real companies, breeds healthy competition, company advancement, respect and incentive for greatness.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
In b4 trolls: Im also not the first to suggest an elected leader. The idea was first thrown on this forums about electing settlement governors before the wipe was even announced. ;)

So I don't Agree with the OP for my company!  

However there are some company's that this type of thing could work for....  So I say it would be a good option to be able to ENABLE a voting system inside of a company!  

That way there are more options for people of different strokes!!!

3 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

However there are some company's that this type of thing could work for....  So I say it would be a good option to be able to ENABLE a voting system inside of a company!  

My god, if you don't like the leader quit and start again or take it back... this sounds more like self-entitled millennial BULLSHIT where you want what others have....

Man up and start your own group... a vote system... my god.

12 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

i just believe it should be an option at company inception, or turned on without the option for a future/current leader/owner to turn it off right away without being reelected and be a tyrant. options is awesome. people will choose options over no options almost every time.

7 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

My god, if you don't like the leader quit and start again or take it back... this sounds more like self-entitled millennial BULLSHIT where you want what others have....

Man up and start your own group... a vote system... my god.

my god it seems like you're just frightened at the prospect of losing power in your own company my god lmao.

man up, you don't gotta force your pettiness on everyone to play "leader"

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

8 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i just believe it should be an option at company inception, or turned on without the option for a future/current leader/owner to turn it off right away without being reelected and be a tyrant. options is awesome. people will choose options over no options almost every time.

my god it seems like you're just frightened at the prospect of losing power in your own company my god lmao.

man up, you don't gotta force your pettiness on everyone to play "leader"

You are literally a waste of space on these forums.  Why does it matter who is the leader of your PVE company... is your current leader dictating what tames you get to use because you don't tame anything?  lol... 

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

You are literally a waste of space on these forums.  Why does it matter who is the leader of your PVE company... is your current leader dictating what tames you get to use because you don't tame anything?  lol... 

speaking of literally, how about you READ what i wrote and get back to me.

2 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

speaking of literally, how about you READ what i wrote and get back to me.

Na im good man, go head and stop posting please... you already helped destroy this game.

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Na im good man, go head and stop posting please... you already helped destroy this game.

oh yeah it was definitely people with experience in the game that ruined this games image and not shit posters who talk shit without even knowing what they're talking about 😉 

1 minute ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

oh yeah it was definitely people with experience in the game that ruined this games image and not shit posters who talk shit without even knowing what they're talking about 😉 

You literally just made a post about voting in a new leader.... you have so much experience in this game... you've bypassed HUGE issues with the game already.