UDO

too far with the recent wildlife spawns adjustements

3 hours ago, zottel said:

Pretty sure it wont. Boss will be in a Big room where he cant Escape or too Big to be kited Outside.but  there will be Other ways to cheese it,like standing above somewhere And kill it with carbines.

I'm hoping it's not like that either -_-. I want an overtuned place vs an undertuned because the game having no challenge is kinda sad 😕

~Lotus

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

I'm hoping it's not like that either -_-. I want an overtuned place vs an undertuned because the game having no challenge is kinda sad 😕

~Lotus

Yeah the Game got way too easy. Even our small Company can do all content Without probs,except for 2.0 all stuff is killable solo 

I also think they went overboard with the spawn nerfs.

alphas need to be a little more dangerous, and aggressive spawns need a slight tweak up.

7 hours ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

Agreed, our outpost on lawless has a bunch of cobras, but they aren't really a challenge.   I have not seen one alpha really in a week.  World really doesn't feel dangerous I agree.   I miss 1.0 honestly when walking through the woods you could die at any second. 

~Remmy

Edited by Remcott

4 hours ago, Remcott said:

Agreed, our outpost on lawless has a bunch of cobras, but they aren't really a challenge.   I have not seen one alpha really in a week.  World really doesn't feel dangerous I agree.   I miss 1.0 honestly when walking through the woods you could die at any second. 

~Remmy

Lawless no longer spawns alphas 😕

~Lotus

59 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Lawless no longer spawns alphas 😕

~Lotus

I somehow missed that in the notes..... sad.  No wonder things seemed safe.

😥😣

-Remmy

22 minutes ago, Remcott said:

I somehow missed that in the notes..... sad.  No wonder things seemed safe.

😥😣

-Remmy

No notes, like for many other changes with Patch 100.

Some places seem ok, and a bit of a challenge.

Spent most the weekend in K3, realy good place to find bears. unfortunately it's also a realy good place to find lions & wolves, came across 4 alpha lions and 5 alpha wolves, so lost a couple of bears, my life a few times, my monkey got chewed right off my shoulder and an almost tames 29 female bear to an alpha wolf that apeared out of nowhere.

That seemed a fair challenge to me.

Some places however seem too tame, where only compete inattention might be harmfull.

So i don't think it's a global thing that needs adjusting, more of a regional or even an island specific spawn udjustment.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 4:25 AM, Jack Shandy said:

Some places seem ok, and a bit of a challenge.

Spent most the weekend in K3, realy good place to find bears. unfortunately it's also a realy good place to find lions & wolves, came across 4 alpha lions and 5 alpha wolves, so lost a couple of bears, my life a few times, my monkey got chewed right off my shoulder and an almost tames 29 female bear to an alpha wolf that apeared out of nowhere.

That seemed a fair challenge to me.

Some places however seem too tame, where only compete inattention might be harmfull.

So i don't think it's a global thing that needs adjusting, more of a regional or even an island specific spawn udjustment.

This.  It is not a Global problem.

1 hour ago, 8ball said:

This.  It is not a Global problem.

, yes there are aggressive wildlife noone is saying there isnt ,but not anywhere near what it used to be , it's a snooze fest when out exploring and farming , there is nothing to be wary of ,not a single island ive been to since they nerfed it like they did has been in any shape or form dangerous , havnt been even close to death from wild life since the nerf ,so yes it is a global issue 

alphas don't seem to be the issue the issue is the amount of wildlife as in wolf's / crocs / cobras / lions / tigers / not the giraffes , rhinos, birds etc ,

i am now thinking that the non aggressive wildlife out numbers the aggressive now and the issue is that the non aggressive wildlife is killing the aggressive wildlife ,giving them n o chance to actually populate properly now due the reduction in their spawns anyway ..i have seen wolfs spawn attack a giraffe kill it then go to the next one kills it , then on its third giraffe gets killed due to low life , so another wolf is killed but the system then respawns more giraffes and a solo wolf then the pattern repeats again , as its only 1 wolf it gets killed quickly well before the next animal spawn cycle  might explain why there are a lot less aggressive wildlife . not enough are being spawned to keep the balance between agressive and non agressive 

there is no danger anywhere now , not on sea , not on land nothing , 

Edited by UDO

1 hour ago, UDO said:

, yes there are aggressive wildlife noone is saying there isnt ,but not anywhere near what it used to be , it's a snooze fest when out exploring and farming , there is nothing to be wary of ,not a single island ive been to since they nerfed it like they did has been in any shape or form dangerous , havnt been even close to death from wild life since the nerf ,so yes it is a global issue 

alphas don't seem to be the issue the issue is the amount of wildlife as in wolf's / crocs / cobras / lions / tigers / not the giraffes , rhinos, birds etc ,

i am now thinking that the non aggressive wildlife out numbers the aggressive now and the issue is that the non aggressive wildlife is killing the aggressive wildlife ,giving them n o chance to actually populate properly now due the reduction in their spawns anyway ..i have seen wolfs spawn attack a giraffe kill it then go to the next one kills it , then on its third giraffe gets killed due to low life , so another wolf is killed but the system then respawns more giraffes and a solo wolf then the pattern repeats again , as its only 1 wolf it gets killed quickly well before the next animal spawn cycle  might explain why there are a lot less aggressive wildlife . not enough are being spawned to keep the balance between agressive and non agressive 

They need to make it so it says ok there's X amount of Y creature and populate based on that. That way if the area has no wolves then it will spawn more wolves. This could make it easier to force rotate spawns but at the same time prevent the early days where that horse ran by and you knew you were about to die cause horses were the heralds of death with their pack of 20 wolves behind them -_-

~Lotus

2 hours ago, UDO said:

No, it isn't global. It may be wide spread and it may be spreading more, howver, on an island I was on, I had to kill 18 lions and tigers in one small area before I could do a map.  

You haven't been to every single island, please don't say it's global.

Now, I do agree, on our home island, it does seem too safe.

this problem is not global but on every grid I've been it only affects the Lawless Islands.

And this is not a bug was done intentionally.

@DEVS Roadmap (NERF):

Nerf your Ships ✅

Nerf SOTD Ships Level ✅

Nerf SOTD NPC Crew Level ✅

Nerf Island WildLife ✅

🛠️  Working in: 🛠️

Nerf Resources in Lawless Islands 🛠️

and finally Nerf Tames  🛠️

these developers really love those who live in Lawless 😍

Edited by Rising

36 minutes ago, Rising said:

this problem is not global but on every grid I've been it only affects the Lawless Islands.

@DEVS Roadmap (NERF):

Nerf your Ships ✅

Nerf SOTD Ships Level ✅

Nerf Island WildLife ✅

Where the hell did u See shipnerfs?  They def Need to Nerf them. Also sotds do alot more dmg than before,its just that player ships are way to overpowered

1 hour ago, zottel said:

Where the hell did u See shipnerfs?  They def Need to Nerf them. Also sotds do alot more dmg than before,its just that player ships are way to overpowered

Ship is the no large cannons in deck and I do not say the damage but level of SOTD who before in lawless it was possible to find more easily SOTD lv 18~28.

they exchanged 1 SOTD Bigs lv.23 for example by 4 schooner level 1. they exchanged quality for quantity. If this is not nerf I do not know what it is.

Edited by Rising

2 hours ago, Rising said:

@DEVS Roadmap (NERF):

Nerf your Ships ✅

Nerf SOTD Ships Level ✅

Nerf Island WildLife ✅

Where did you find this roadmap? 😄

~Lotus

55 minutes ago, Rising said:

Ship is the no large cannons in deck and I do not say the damage but level of SOTD who before in lawless it was possible to find more easily SOTD lv 18~28.

they exchanged 1 SOTD Bigs lv.23 for example by 4 schooner level 1. they exchanged quality for quantity. If this is not nerf I do not know what it is.

That large cannon thing was just a matter of time. A sloop should Not be able to kill a  Level 60 galleon Without Getting Hit once. Beside the fact that u now Need to use a repair Hammer After a few hours of Farming is Not a real Nerf. They also decreased the total numbers of Spawns of sotds,so u Dont get 10 normal sotds but for that 5 Fleet spawns. Yet golden Age got Nerfed so hard that if 1 ship is Farming sotds the Grid is empty of sotds And spawns take forever. Also many ppl Dont kill low Level ships,so higher ships cant spawn.

7 hours ago, 8ball said:

No, it isn't global. It may be wide spread and it may be spreading more, howver, on an island I was on, I had to kill 18 lions and tigers in one small area before I could do a map.  

You haven't been to every single island, please don't say it's global.

Now, I do agree, on our home island, it does seem too safe.

remember the outcry about the aggressive wildlife?unless u played from day 1 you wont remember what it was like  ,

it wasn't that there was too many it was because of the aggro range all the devs needed to do was reduce it and most players would have been happy , but no they decided to reduce their spawns so they are almost non existent ,i set up in g4 day 2 i think it was i spent the first few weeks fighting mobs whenever i left my bsse it was fun , the only thing that wasn't was how far away they aggroed from , but it was fun and a definite sense of danger when seeing a pack of 3 wolfs or beach full of crocs, now bearing in mind i'm in the same spot i might see an agressive creature a couple of times a week depending on how far away from my base i travel , which never used to be very far ,

the devs need to take another look at the spawns , is this a survival game ? NO it's a game that's less dangerous than hello kitty island .

3 minutes ago, UDO said:

remember the outcry about the aggressive wildlife?unless u played from day 1 you wont remember what it was like  ,

it wasn't that there was too many it was because of the aggro range all the devs needed to do was reduce it and most players would have been happy , but no they decided to reduce their spawns so they are almost non existent ,i set up in g4 day 2 i think it was i spent the first few weeks fighting mobs whenever i left my bsse it was fun , the only thing that wasn't was how far away they aggroed from , but it was fun and a definite sense of danger when seeing a pack of 3 wolfs or beach full of crocs, now bearing in mind i'm in the same spot i might see an agressive creature a couple of times a week depending on how far away from my base i travel , which never used to be very far ,

the devs need to take another look at the spawns , is this a survival game ? NO it's a game that's less dangerous than hello kitty island .

Polar used to be way harder too. Like yeti's were terrifying. It was so cold like full fur with 2-3 fires at night cold.

I remember having to plan out fights with alpha's like it's a boss fight. Now it's just a speed bump worth more EXP, except rhinos and bears, cause rhinos OP.

NERF RHINOS THEY ARE SO OP I CAN'T 1v1 IT WITH MY PISTOL GRAPESHOT DOESN'T CARE 😢 IT'S ALL JAT'S FAULT!

~Lotus

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UDO said:

Been here since day 1.  The range was bad. Prewipe, had claims in I7, Williers Cay.  Would  have packs of wolves, 10 plus.  Had to spend at least 30 minutes killing them to farm a tree 30 yards away. That wasn't fun, it was stupid. With their first adjustment, the wolves turned in to killer flocks of vultures, 40 plus.  Then scorps and finally back to vultures.  It was brutal.

It seems like now, the more the island is settled, developed, the tamer it gets. 

I'll have to agree that the wildlife nerf has completely ruined the survival aspects of the early game.  It used to be challenging, now its just a joke and you run the risk of dying from the food/water game or the temperature than from any creatures on the island.  It is pretty much boring now.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lotus said:

Where did you find this roadmap? 😄

~Lotus

Just a bit of sarcasm based on facts of things that are occurring and events that have happened in the past and that no one liked like the nerf in lawless at the time of the pre-wipe. 🤣

Edited by Rising

On 5/24/2019 at 12:11 AM, UDO said:

This for sure!  We were in C11 Temporate and had wolf packs we constantly were dealing with.  Leaving the base and making a run for the shore was a challenge in itself sometimes.   And we died a lot, and we built traps to catch them, and we had so much fun!!!!  Lions came out at night and we would sometimes just hole up and talk about what we wanted to do when the sun came back out!  

And to agree further with other comments 

And the agro range was crazy on some of them.  You tap a horse and the alpha horse from the other side of the island decided your face was dinner. 

And the Alpha fights were like mini boss fights and you felt awesome when you beat them.  Or you would use the terrain and crush them from above.   

Either way the game was dangerous and I felt like I really had to play to survive againg the environment.

• Like 1

Also, i found an island that seemingly had a huge amount of tigers/lions on it, however when i clear those, it takes some hours for them to respawn.

Feels like it doesnt matter if i kill everything else on that island, i just chill for 1-2hours and clear them again.

Cant remember it being that bad, did they add some sort of cooldown? (Not sure if i'm just biased but it also feels like they spawn more often than not under lvl 10?)

Not sure if im going crazy