UDO

too far with the recent wildlife spawns adjustements

g4 glendale hardly any aggressive wildlife full of mainly giraffes , rhinos ostridge and turtles .Snakes, wolfs ,scorpions few and far between , almost every wolf ive seen is dead killed by giraffes and usally only a low lvl wolf , 

g5 top left small island full of birds no land animals at all this was at 8pm uk time last night , second island more birds than land animals possibly due to being a bigger island and not all land wildlife had been killed for meat / leather / etc ..this morning ran around the entire island ,1 elephant , 2 rhinos and an ostridge , tons of birds flying about ..

i have noticed a larger than pre wipe amount of birds flying about , is this part of the problem , the flying wild life spawn are filling up where land based should be ? just an observation , from pre wipe to this patch .some islands may have more as the aggressive spawns are possibly more native to them and set up that way , but certainly the region im in and surrounding grids dont have anything much to be a worry when out farming . which is a massive and i mean massive difference from the early days when i had to be watchful when out farming as wolfs / scorpions , cobras were a plenty , now its just a snooze fest when out and about ,

and before all the usual player turn up with their couple of screenshots of huge amounts of aggressive spawn , we all have those ,silly amounts from the early days that just clumped up in areas , this isnt about that its about the recent changes to spawns has definatly broken something, 

tldr: far more birds seem to be spawning even getting 2+ every few hours inside my ships, not many ground based animals compared to pre nerf . 

Edited by UDO

On our island we got normal landspawns but noticed more birds too. Also Wolf spawn seems to be the rarest thing ever except for polar Region. 

23 minutes ago, zottel said:

On our island we got normal landspawns but noticed more birds too. Also Wolf spawn seems to be the rarest thing ever except for polar Region. 

do u kill a lot of the land based on your regular play sessions? and do u end up a lot less land based and more birds as result ?

Yeah normally logon and kill stuff first to feed my tames and then getting plenty of Birds somehow

3 hours ago, zottel said:

Yeah normally logon and kill stuff first to feed my tames and then getting plenty of Birds somehow

i myself have noticed a very large increase in birds and also a lot spawning into and on my ships i regularly log in to find 3 or 4 birds under the deck or on the deck as they add to the crew could be dodgy on a sloop 

On my island... never see cobras anymore (that's awesome!), crocs are very rare now, far less of everything else, but for birds. Some times I can ride half way across the island without seeing much of anything. In the past I would farm elephants but can only do that in waves now. I run a big loop killing what I see then go do something else.

Over all I think the changes are good, it just makes for slower leveling. I was over ran with baddies before. Also, and keep in mind I'm on NA, the server is running great now (M8) (N2). Better than I ever remember. I would guess spawn rates play into that, along with only 10 people on the grid.

I have the same land on both NA and EU. NA is currently running great. Then I flip over to EU and it's rubber banding and the rolling sea comes to a full stop every 8 seconds, at least last night. So all you guys stay over there on EU. Thanks 🙂

So... 10 people on grid and 1/3 the people on the server and it runs great. 30 people on grid and three times the people on the server and it runs terrible. Maybe Atlas needs a fatter pipe and/or hardware upgrades, not just more optimizing.

Edited by Buck Rider

I see about 200 snakes, seagulls, monkeys & pigs for every one bear, tiger & lion

I can run the whole island (24 pt) and see an average of one bear, tiger & lion each time. 

From my ark sever hosting experience you can individually set spawn rates per mob type. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

I see about 200 snakes, seagulls, monkeys & pigs for every one bear, tiger & lion

I can run the whole island (24 pt) and see an average of one bear, tiger & lion each time. 

From my ark sever hosting experience you can individually set spawn rates per mob type. 

unfortuntaly i set up in desert region , used to have wolfs and cobras ,crocs a plenty , now the only wolfs i see are dead ones as the giraffes and rhinos massivly outweigh the wolfs both in lvls and numbers cobras crocs are a rare sight , i have seen 3 wolfs since release 1 i killed, 2 already dead from other wild life all very low lvl ,this was caused by the original nerf where players called for aggro range reduction and the devs just nerfed the spawns rate as well as aggro range , now players saying too much wild life clumped up now we are lucky to see 1/4 of what we once had both agressive and non agressive , 

if the devs want to have pve players with nothing to do but farm and build , with little to no danger in the open world then say so and just remove all wildlife and give us x amount of resources daily as it what the game feels like to me ,just walkign about with very little sense of danger wondering what's going to pop out of the bushes to attack.

yes there will always be those that post but we see hundreds of this and that its dangerous blah blah ,but the majority of areas are a snooze fest no danger at all when farming or sailing , i really hope the devs end game vision includes some sort of dangers in the open world they have made , 

we live in H7 post and pre wipe. We HAD plently of wildlife on our island, including alphas for that extra challenge (alpha crocs are pretty strong tho). Now we have to run the entire island which takes like 10 minutes to find like 10 animals to kill and loot. Alphas are completly gone and it feels like an actual desert now. Not liking these changes, they seems to radical.

• Like 1

Must admit, there's a distinct absence of lions / cats on K9, come to think of it, wolves and giraffe to....  heck only seen one bear in the last week to... had to use it for fur.  Naughty me 😞

Edited by Vorxius

3 hours ago, danaephia said:

we live in H7 post and pre wipe. We HAD plently of wildlife on our island, including alphas for that extra challenge (alpha crocs are pretty strong tho). Now we have to run the entire island which takes like 10 minutes to find like 10 animals to kill and loot. Alphas are completly gone and it feels like an actual desert now. Not liking these changes, they seems to radical.

this, i personally like the challenge of having to watch out for the agressive wildlife but now having to circle the entire island to find the odd one or two that may or may not have spawned is imo a nerf too far ,

Edited by UDO

I hate that they make this kind of changes without telling at all.

My before beloved islands changed to boring dead land! HOrses and sheeps everywhere.

YD i tamed 4 chickens at once, just because there where 4 in a pack!

I'm on a small island in O5 and we have noticed a large drop in spawn rates of everything.  almost no spawns for stuff to get hides.  we went thru yesterday to kill off amm the small spawns,  (monkey, rabbits, birds) but that didnt seem to help.  Feels like the spawn rate was cut by over half.

There are far to less animalspawns and predator spawns atm. A little bit more would be nice (including Alphas)

Hello kitty island has more wildlife than this supposed survival game, 

What are we trying to survive against? Old age and boredom 😁

On H7, pre patch it was hardly possible to tame something here because as soon as the tame got bloody, 10 vultures rushed and killed it. We had a real vulture plague here, and way too many crocodiles and snakes. Horses and Wolves were still common.

For god's sake they fixed the overspawning - we now have less vultures, crocodiles and snakes (and the snakes now wriggle regularly through railings...), and some elephants. Seagulls and crows are everywhere - especially bugged in our ships - and horses and wolves spawn now extremely rare.

I personally think they adjusted the animal spawns in the same way for the whole Atlas, which is dumb, because pre patch some islands like ours were extremely overloaded with hostile animals, and others were way too peaceful.
So for me a readjustment would be really welcome, but then specifically adjusted for single islands.

Yeah, I know, too much work... :classic_sad:

It's like when they nerfed crocs from being flying seadragon death traps that ate your crew off the side of your boat to it is a gamble to try to reset your vitals on a croc because it tends to break your leg then run away from you leaving you to limp towards something else to kill you. It needed a minor adjustment but this was the removal of just about every threat on land where you pretty much have to try to die.

They need to adjust how super aggressive sharks are when you are trying to pull crew out of the water from SotD so they don't swim and chain bite you and your crew. *Patch Notes : Sharks have been removed from the game* 🤔

The game should feel challenging but not unfair.

~Lotus

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Must admit since my last post in April, things do look strangely better... We have wandering bears again, tigers are back and plenty of giraffe for our food stash... hmm!  Stealth fix?  🙂   In which case, cudos!

Still not a lot in the way of any danger on g4 larger islands, giraffes and rhinos galore, 

Only danger is ants 😜 and the off low lvl rattlesnake 

Al the wolf's / cobras/ crocs that used to keep me on my toes are almost non existant 

Posted this in another thread, but the SHARK spawn rate and their ferocity seems way UP.

Maybe they're trying to shift focus from land threats to sea threats?

Patch notes on this would be nice.

I also noticed this.

Trying to get a decent tiger takes forever now, they spawn so rare.

As someone said before you are at least supposed to be defending yourself against the environment.

This bows and ribbons stuff sucks.

• Like 1

Think they are trying too Hard to please everyone that the survival aspect went missing. Alphas Are no threat anymore, sotds are no challenge And now the golden Age Ruins Are more a walk in a park now. There are 3 reasons People die. First Are the Sharks when Getting Crew. Second is dehydration cause dying is almost always faster And third is Food cause the Time to make Food is longer than actually respawning. There is Not even a reason to craft better HP gear than Common Till the ICE Cave is released

3 hours ago, zottel said:

Think they are trying too Hard to please everyone that the survival aspect went missing. Alphas Are no threat anymore, sotds are no challenge And now the golden Age Ruins Are more a walk in a park now. There are 3 reasons People die. First Are the Sharks when Getting Crew. Second is dehydration cause dying is almost always faster And third is Food cause the Time to make Food is longer than actually respawning. There is Not even a reason to craft better HP gear than Common Till the ICE Cave is released

Icecave will most likely be kite the boss to your boat and naked run.

~Lotus

9 hours ago, Lotus said:

Icecave will most likely be kite the boss to your boat and naked run.

~Lotus

Pretty sure it wont. Boss will be in a Big room where he cant Escape or too Big to be kited Outside.but  there will be Other ways to cheese it,like standing above somewhere And kill it with carbines.