Sign in to follow this  
Savoir_Faire

Can't change who can build on claim flag??

I claimed an island and tried to change who can build on it, temporarily while we try to set up our own bases but people keep moving in. How do we, if at all, change who is allowed to build on our island? Atleast until we figure out our own builds? The claim flag says everyone can build. Is that just how it is now or is there something I am missing??

Cant Change it anymore but u can demolish their stuff within 12 hours After its been Build. After that u Need to wait for the decay system

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, zottel said:

Cant Change it anymore but u can demolish their stuff within 12 hours After its been Build. After that u Need to wait for the decay system

start demoing their stuff and if they are that way inclined good luck keeping the island clear of spam as they will more than likely just spam the crap out of the island so u cant keep up with keeping it clear , so be careful what u do , 

• Like 2

Just talk to them lol. Everyone just wants to Play the Game And as Long as u can find a good agreement with your settler you both profit^^

• Like 4

I dont mind if people settle on my island, I just prefer to get my base built first. I'm too busy grinding for gold for upkeep to base build. *shrugs* Price you pay, I suppose. Thanks for responding, guys.

more settlers more time between gold upkeep , its to your benefit , atbo this post reeks of i didnt want anyone else on the island i claimed and paying for but i digress, the whole point of this recent change was to allow anyone to build, to allow plenty of land for any player no matter when they started to play to build on , anywhere anytime they want , hopefully without too much interference from the island owners , 

If you're after settling properly you'll be better off moving to a more remote region and scouting an island properly before claiming (make a settlement there and see what the population is like if it has any.) I've only had one issue on our island and that's a guy who set up here before and doesn't settle but comes back every 7 days so his wooden floors don't get wiped then disappears again (he's level 54 so he's active somewhere, time isn't an issue for this guy and he doesn't speak when we have tried talking to him unfortunately.) The island is in no way benefiting from him, so be thankful if they do build I guess or keep looking for somewhere else without developed buildings.

I would suggest just putting down some foundations in the area you want to build to secure it. Then you'll have all the time in the world to build in that spot as long as you keep the upkeep going on the flag.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UDO said:

more settlers more time between gold upkeep , its to your benefit 

First time that i read/hear it? Maybe im blind. Do you have any source please?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I would suggest just putting down some foundations in the area you want to build to secure it. Then you'll have all the time in the world to build in that spot as long as you keep the upkeep going on the flag.

they don’t need to as island owners they can demo anything others place on the area they want to build 

as an island owner trying to stop other players from building is an asshole move and exactly what this system was designed to eliminate ,

thankfully not every island owner has the Op mentality of wanting to stop anyone building as he claims,until he has built his base , which makes no sense as others building in other spots on the island in now way shape or form affect them . in fact it helps them as upkeep timer is longer between payments 

7 minutes ago, uli said:

they don’t need to as island owners they can demo anything others place on the area they want to build 

Yes but placing foundation to secure the area is better the abusing the ability of removing other people's structures. If I was on an island where the owner wanted to build in a specific piece of the island I would certainly rather they place foundations down to mark their area than just decide to destroy someone elses structure because they want that spot.

i concur 

although i will add if i was an island owner i would have removed the lighthouse someone placed on the beach 50 yards from my main base i hate them things they are far too big , they needed to be slimmer not so wide at bottom , 

There's a governance tab under company. You can select for company only, Allies and company, or everyone. Sadly it does not seem to work 😕

I want mine to be allies only and people actually talk to me so I don't have to go out and delete a crap ton of traps every day.

~Lotus

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

There's a governance tab under company. You can select for company only, Allies and company, or everyone. Sadly it does not seem to work 😕

I want mine to be allies only and people actually talk to me so I don't have to go out and delete a crap ton of traps every day.

~Lotus

That is for PvP it it only affects mortars and cannons during non raid/war times. It doesnt stop any other building. 

8 hours ago, UDO said:

this post reeks of i didnt want anyone else on the island i claimed and paying for but i digress, the whole point of this recent change was to allow anyone to build, to allow plenty of land for any player no matter when they started to play to build on , anywhere anytime they want , hopefully without too much interference from the island owners , 

No, that wasn't the point of this recent change, otherwise they wouldn't have given the landlords the ability to destroy things.  The point of the change was to try to make sure people had A place to build...not anywhere and anytime they want.

4 hours ago, uli said:

as an island owner trying to stop other players from building is an asshole move and exactly what this system was designed to eliminate ,

thankfully not every island owner has the Op mentality of wanting to stop anyone building as he claims,until he has built his base , which makes no sense as others building in other spots on the island in now way shape or form affect them . in fact it helps them as upkeep timer is longer between payments 

You don't think the person having to come up with gold to pay for the island should get to decide what spot(s) they want to build on?  Or who they want building nearby them?  You think if they don't let anyone build anything wherever they want, they're an asshole?  You think this system was designed to not allow landlords to decide how things work on their island?  What a bunch of weird opinions that is.

I don't own an island, but I live on a small one.  It was days before the island owner could even think about where he wanted to build because as a low level, no skill player, he had to come up with a whole bunch of gold first to claim it and keep it.   There are only @ 3 decent building spots on the island.  If people had sailed up and started grabbing them, I would have wiped all that out immediately.  It's pretty freaking rude.  Speaking of rude, if I owned an island, and someone named "Sexy Grandpa"  or  "P3nius Pirate" (both actual names I've seen in the game) landed there and started building, I'd throw their asses out of there so fast it would make your head spin.  That goes double for the company that griefed a bunch of us previously in lawless.  I'm not interested in spending my free time with people like that.

I don't know how people can read that new design, see where they've given landlords the power to destroy stuff, and then claim the design is so anyone can build whatever they want, wherever they want, any time they want to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DilBert said:

That is for PvP it it only affects mortars and cannons during non raid/war times. It doesnt stop any other building. 

I believe you are talking about the flag. The actual company has a setting that says who can build on settlements.

~Lotus

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

No, that wasn't the point of this recent change, otherwise they wouldn't have given the landlords the ability to destroy things.  The point of the change was to try to make sure people had A place to build...not anywhere and anytime they want.

You don't think the person having to come up with gold to pay for the island should get to decide what spot(s) they want to build on?  Or who they want building nearby them?  You think if they don't let anyone build anything wherever they want, they're an asshole?  You think this system was designed to not allow landlords to decide how things work on their island?  What a bunch of weird opinions that is.

I don't own an island, but I live on a small one.  It was days before the island owner could even think about where he wanted to build because as a low level, no skill player, he had to come up with a whole bunch of gold first to claim it and keep it.   There are only @ 3 decent building spots on the island.  If people had sailed up and started grabbing them, I would have wiped all that out immediately.  It's pretty freaking rude.  Speaking of rude, if I owned an island, and someone named "Sexy Grandpa"  or  "P3nius Pirate" (both actual names I've seen in the game) landed there and started building, I'd throw their asses out of there so fast it would make your head spin.  That goes double for the company that griefed a bunch of us previously in lawless.  I'm not interested in spending my free time with people like that.

I don't know how people can read that new design, see where they've given landlords the power to destroy stuff, and then claim the design is so anyone can build whatever they want, wherever they want, any time they want to.

it was designed as far too many players couldn’t build as whole islands and areas were taken over and set to company only , solo players owning entire islands as they got their first , 

the whole point of this system was to allow players to build where they wanted in whatever biome they wanted too and where they want to on any given island ,not just in what was left over that no one else wanted , don’t try to twist what was the whole point of the system redesign 

the captains log before the redesign even stated they wanted to help solo players and smaller company’s , this system allows that , unfortunately the system they designed although is better for smaller companies and solo players is better suited for pvp than it is pve, which is where the landlord system shines ,the point of pve is for a more casual relaxed atmosphere in which to game without having to worry about logging on n and seeing your base gone 

i keep seeing they they pay for the upkeep so they should have the say in who can build and where , again removing / destroying others bases is not why players play pve.

lawless population shows what the majority of players think of the new system it’s not that there isn’t any where to build outside of lawless , it’s cos they can build what they want where they want and how they want without dick landlords removing their stuff on a whim as they want as i have said it other posts all the toys in the sandbox .

12 hours ago, UDO said:

more settlers more time between gold upkeep , its to your benefit , atbo this post reeks of i didnt want anyone else on the island i claimed and paying for but i digress, the whole point of this recent change was to allow anyone to build, to allow plenty of land for any player no matter when they started to play to build on , anywhere anytime they want , hopefully without too much interference from the island owners , 

Partially correct. I don't want other people building on my island.. until after I can build what I want, where I want, without other players building in this spots. After that, who cares. As soon as the update released, I grinded until I could rush an island so I could for the first time since playing, have claimable land. So no, I'm not sorry that I want to build where I want and would like to stop others from building in those spots until I am done.

7 hours ago, uli said:

Guess I just have an "asshole", "op" mindset of wanting to FINALLY build where I want for a change after 400+ hours in the game and never having the option.

2 hours ago, uli said:

it was designed as far too many players couldn’t build as whole islands and areas were taken over and set to company only , solo players owning entire islands as they got their first , 

Yes, I'm very aware of why it was designed.  There are probably 500 posts complaining about the original claim system, then the next one after that, and now this one.  Many of them are mine.  But that's why it was designed, not how it was designed.  It was designed to give landlords control over who built on the island, and indirectly, where they could build and how they could build.  The developers seem to think that this answers the problem of people not being able to claim land, and that people will be able to find a landlord that suits their playstyle as well as buildable land that suits them.  They never said every landlord would allow every tenant to build anywhere, and it's ridiculous to expect that will happen.

2 hours ago, uli said:

the whole point of this system was to allow players to build where they wanted in whatever biome they wanted too and where they want to on any given island ,not just in what was left over that no one else wanted , don’t try to twist what was the whole point of the system redesign 

That's still why it was designed, and even then you're wrong about that.  Nobody ever said any player could build on any island in any biome and that nobody would have to use leftover land nobody wanted.  It's a ridiculous notion, but if you want to argue it, put up a dev quote.    Why would they put in a system that allows landlords to destroy your builds if that were true?

2 hours ago, uli said:

the captains log before the redesign even stated they wanted to help solo players and smaller company’s , this system allows that , unfortunately the system they designed although is better for smaller companies and solo players is better suited for pvp than it is pve, which is where the landlord system shines ,the point of pve is for a more casual relaxed atmosphere in which to game without having to worry about logging on n and seeing your base gone 

i keep seeing they they pay for the upkeep so they should have the say in who can build and where , again removing / destroying others bases is not why players play pve.

I don't think this even helps solos and small companies, really.  There aren't enough 15 pt. islands for them, for one thing.  All of what you said here has to do with how you want the design to work, not how they actually designed it to work.  Surprisingly, I agree with you,.  They should have just kept the claim system and put limits on it,  If you take a stroll back through the past 3 months of forum posts you'll see me, as well as a ton of other people arguing that exact thing.   In pve, it used to be called griefing if a player destroyed someone's stuff, or a player annoyed another player by spamming pillars at them or building right over the top of them.  Now it's no longer griefing, it's a design point, and the devs  have added it to the game on purpose.

So now we're stuck playing with the design they implemented.  You can't go around calling people assholes for playing the game the way the devs designed it to be played.  It's more appropriate to call them names for designing such a rotten system, although I wouldn't recommend that.  Your beef is with the design, not the players who, like you, are stuck with it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lotus said:

I believe you are talking about the flag. The actual company has a setting that says who can build on settlements.

~Lotus

Either way it is working as intended. If you do not want them building on your settlement, then you have to do the work and be diligent in removing anything they build in the allowed time.  

5 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

See, that's my thing.. I am the one grinding the gold, stayed up until 6AM the release date just so I could finally have a place to build that wouldn't be griefed out, like I had always been experiencing. I have zero issue ally'ing up with good people or allowing them to build on my island. It's a simple request to be able to have a small base on my claimed island where I want before other people move in. Currently, my company is 4 people, all of whom were 3 separate companies prior to release, who were allies stuck with building lawless and all of which had been griefed out of land, ships, boats, docks, etc. previously. We have always traded with people. Help every new person who comes down from a freeport, etc. We aren't assholes for wanting a place we can actually moderate or build freely for a change. So, thank you for seeing it for what it is.. and saying something. Even if you do or do not agree with the play style 100%. It's not fair to be called an asshole because we want a small space. 

1 hour ago, DilBert said:

Either way it is working as intended. If you do not want them building on your settlement, then you have to do the work and be diligent in removing anything they build in the allowed time.  

How do you get working as intended when it specifically says company and allies as an option but everybody is building?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

How do you get working as intended when it specifically says company and allies as an option but everybody is building?

Because those options are left over from the old system and will be removed. They do not work because they are no longer meant to work. 

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Because that option is for building cannons on the land, it's taken from the PvP side, just not different for PvE.

Build yourself plenty of signs and pillars. Place signs in any areas you dont want people building in. Or put them everywhere with a message to contact you for building privileges.

• Like 1