Sign in to follow this  
Galadorfh

leveling ships is so slow

ok so i have killed 25 schooners 8 brigs 5 galleons and gotten 4 levels and spent over 1k cannon balls this is nuts 

Its an MMO, it should be slow 🙂 You can have lvl 30+ ship pretty quickly. Also, what SotD lvls have you killed? 

• Like 1

SotD are the quickest way to gain quick levels, not sure how you're only lvl 4, just traveling should give quite a few lvls. Unless they lowered it since the big patch 

Edited by Herasea

What level is your ship? If you are at or near level cap that sounds about right. 

After making my schooner this weekend I have gotten about 16 levels from traveling to surrounding grids doing maps and killing 3-4 low level sods. 

my ship was lvl 22 and i killed anything i seen some were lvl 1-10 most were lvl 20-30 and the 56 galleon only gave 1.5 lvls after killing it, yes lvling should be slow but compared to pre wipe it is like 100 times slower, pre wipe you could make a sotd killer go out for 18 hours and get the ship to max lvl, now it feels like it would take about 2-3 weeks to get the same amount of exp, even doing maps seems so much slower a common used to give around 1 lvl at lvl 40-50 now it takes 4-5 maps a green would also give 1-2 lvls now it takes 4-5 still to get one lvl, a blue would give 2-5 lvls and again it gives 1 lvl if your lucky, masterworks could give up to 7 lvls at 50-60 not found one yet so cant say how many they give now 

i am lucky as i have 2 accounts so i can cover skills that the other cant get but with the lack of levels compared to pre wipe people can do alot less with their 1 accounts 

Edited by Galadorfh

Wasn’t there something about your shipyards being used to determine your max level for your ships.  With a Masterwork or Legendary only being able to produce a max level pre-wipe ship and now post-wipe ship levels are based on that. Or was I just misunderstanding the notes ? Here is the notes :

Balance Changes

- The higher quality shipyard used when building a ship, the more level ups a ship will be able to obtain.

Edited by Daemon Cross

First 25-30 levels are easy and fast, starting by 10 EXP from level 1 to 2, and then 10 more than the previous one every level after that up to level 23-34 i don't remember well. Then the thing skyrockets  and it is like 15-20% extra exp more than the previous level at least up to level 37 which is the max level we had so far on one of our ships. Among other reasons Imo they've obviously done that so better quality shipyards are not so op. If leveling was like before, imagine a company that gets one lucky roll of one mythic shipyard bp that gives you 5-6 extra levels over the average one, every ship of that company would be better than their enemies/oponents  just because of rng. I really like how they solved this issue.

Remember we are back at 1x exp and resource gathering. I think people got too accustom to 6x. 

Each higher quality of shipyard gives you +1 max level and the mythic quality gives you +5 (over masterwork). Max level is now 50 with mythic. 

Edited by Meerkat

Needs more testing but others has reported...

normal shipyard: 41 max

fine shipyard: 42 max

journeyman shipyard: 43 max

mastercraft shipyard: 44 max

legendary shipyard: 45 max

mythical shipyard: 50 max (52? - Jat)

I have seen some say that it is based on the DURABILITY of the shipyard not the quality. So you could even get a common BP with an extra level (42). Would also explain the 52 max level. 

Edited by Meerkat