Galadorfh

eu pve powerstones

has anyone started farming the power stones or plan on doing the kraken soon, my company would love to team up with others doing them maybe get different power stones so we can get all 9 between many companies and get it killed so we can all start with the trench area and getting giant crabs 

3 older but active pirates are interested. Have several briggs and thousands of hours of experience in Atlas and Ark, but haven't seen the final in Atlas yet. Whales and high treasures we have been making all the time. But no hurry

yesterday a group fight the kraken! if someone have a plan to fight it pls tell me, a few of us didnt get the skill

Edited by DeBruns

2 hours ago, DeBruns said:

yesterday a group fight the kraken! if someone have a plan to fight it pls tell me, a few of us didnt get the skill

Is there a current guide somewhere?  How many ships/people do you currently need?

it was a surprise for us we only crossed H8 on the way to H5 and then the dome opend 🙂 with our fight brig it was ok

Hallo,

Just a question, in order to farm powerstones, do we need to start a specific quest on the Central Maw?

29 minutes ago, Dontruidin said:

Hallo,

Just a question, in order to farm powerstones, do we need to start a specific quest on the Central Maw?

You go to the powerstone island and kill the guardian it will put a key in your inventory you have 2 hours to get that key to the powerstone alter. If you die the key will stay on your body but somebody can run up and take it. Those people are parasites 😄

We have ran the kraken a few times already and all are welcome to come. Need to have discord and a boat that can do some kind of damage. We have people meet up at our island on I-7 (The Lotus island) then we sail out together. We are a NA tribe on EU-PvE so our times are a little weird for some EU players. I am figuring out when our next run will be because now with 2 difficulties I have to balance 2 different runs. I am leaning towards a Friday 1.0 with a Saturday 2.0

~Lotus

• Like 3

Hello,

I just got my 9th powerstone and I now have a doubt. Does bringing my powerstones to the center maw consume them? Or do I keep it even after summoning the kraken?

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

You go to the powerstone island and kill the guardian it will put a key in your inventory you have 2 hours to get that key to the powerstone alter. If you die the key will stay on your body but somebody can run up and take it. Those people are parasites 😄

We have ran the kraken a few times already and all are welcome to come. Need to have discord and a boat that can do some kind of damage. We have people meet up at our island on I-7 (The Lotus island) then we sail out together. We are a NA tribe on EU-PvE so our times are a little weird for some EU players. I am figuring out when our next run will be because now with 2 difficulties I have to balance 2 different runs. I am leaning towards a Friday 1.0 with a Saturday 2.0

~Lotus

Hi, Lotus, did you have essences for hard core kraken battle?

Just now, nyriae said:

Hello,

I just got my 9th powerstone and I now have a doubt. Does bringing my powerstones to the center maw consume them? Or do I keep it even after summoning the kraken?

You need about 3-4 brings with ballistas for tentacles and 1 galleon for kraken body. It is not solo quest. You'll keep your stones after battle.

8 minutes ago, Nitex said:

You need about 3-4 brings with ballistas for tentacles and 1 galleon for kraken body. It is not solo quest. You'll keep your stones after battle.

Thanks for the answer.

Does the galleon also need ballistas, or should it rather have cannons?

I read somewhere that the kraken was spawning ships of the damned durinjg the battle, is it true? do we need a brig/galleon specificely designed to sink them?

3 hours ago, Lotus said:

~Lotus

make a forum thread for your next kraken adveture  my company will up for this got a nice battle brig with balistas 

We have been shying away from ballistas because they nerfed them a lot before 1.5. They do a little bit more damage against tentacles but we find the ability to do damage to SotD very beneficial. It also helps because in 1.0 you can ignore the brigs but 2.0 summons galleys.

I personally run a galley with full gunports 2 handling and 4 speedsails all masterwork my job is to make passes on the head and kill ships of the damned to take pressure off of the brigs.

Our tribe has 3 people with all the tier 2 powerstones and we killed Kraken 2.0 on Friday. Killing 2.0 does not give the sub but it does give you the 40% cooldown reduction.

~Lotus

• Like 2