Sign in to follow this  
Luxfere

Add fog of war back to the game

Why was this removed? Take out the exploration effect and also discoveries its hard to find anything when everything is uncovered it makes no fking sense  

• Like 5

Just now, Luxfere said:

Why was this removed? Take out the exploration effect and also discoveries its hard to find anything when everything is uncovered it makes no fking sense  

They dont want this game to be a challenge... its already to hard for the PVE'ers they are making it for.... 

• Sad 1

Pve is a joke if someone said this was difficult is nuts 

Edited by Luxfere

Yeah really fucked up. Before i could see with 1 Look if its worth for Discovery Points. But Now? Need to Check "Discoveries" now and thats a pain in the ass -.-

fog of war does need to come back , why was it removed ? i haven’t seen anything from devs giving reasons or any forum users asking for it to be removed ?

I'm a PVE Player and I really miss fog of war. That's the point about EXPLORATION, you don't know the world you MUST explore to found new islands and places.

It doesn't make sense to allow visible all the map.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, JotaCe said:

I'm a PVE Player and I really miss fog of war. That's the point about EXPLORATION, you don't know the world you MUST explore to found new islands and places.

It doesn't make sense to allow visible all the map.

God I dismissed everything you just wrote off that first part...

Devs I don't agree anymore keep fog of war gone.

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

They dont want this game to be a challenge... its already to hard for the PVE'ers they are making it for.... 

Not having fog of war actually makes it tougher. 

This is NOT an exploration game.  You have the Wikis and other player made things that tell you where everything is.  For it to be an exploration game, you would need procedurally generated resource nodes, that would spawn in different locations...not the same location, over and over.  And, there would need to be procedurally generated loot that you could just happen across, similar to the ship wrecks at sea.

+1 to the OP. It was an exploration game if you wanted it to be, those who opted to bury themselves in a Wiki were only ruining that aspect for themselves, now none of us have the option.

Maybe a revealed map raises the floor for all players in PVP, but in PVE it takes away one of the four foundations of fun.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sleepinator2000 said:

+1 to the OP. It was an exploration game if you wanted it to be, those who opted to bury themselves in a Wiki were only ruining that aspect for themselves, now none of us have the option.

Maybe a revealed map raises the floor for all players in PVP, but in PVE it takes away one of the four foundations of fun.

I assume this can be an option in unofficial servers.

+1 bring Fog of War back. At Least for PVE. Especially since u still can see it on the respawn screen. So bring it back on the normal Map as well

• Like 1

What's not clear?

We must see how the map has changed, the fog was removed.

When the world finally change the fog will turn on.

After wipe ...:classic_cool:

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Lmao the resident troll in this topic is blaming PvEr's when the majority of people in this topic, myself included are PvEr's who want fog of war back.

Well he has PWN in his nickname, that explains a lot 👨‍⚕️

Well I don't mind it, I always looked at the map online anyway if I needed to. I agree in bringing it back though, it gives it more of a challenge in the game. I think there should be something in the skill tree or something to take it away, keep everyone happy.

On 4/23/2019 at 3:13 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

This is NOT an exploration game.  You have the Wikis and other player made things that tell you where everything is.  For it to be an exploration game, you would need procedurally generated resource nodes, that would spawn in different locations...not the same location, over and over.  And, there would need to be procedurally generated loot that you could just happen across, similar to the ship wrecks at sea.

It actually was an exploration game 

I like the way it is, less tabbing out of game

But they could add a icon on map to turn it on and off at player discretion

That would be cool to

On 4/23/2019 at 8:57 AM, Luxfere said:

Totally agree

I believe the FoW was removed because of how the new claim system works.  It's meant to give players the ability to "scout" the map for potential islands to claim or settle on by showing players the island information on who has claimed it and what the current tax rates are.  If you are run off your island or have differences with the land-owner, you can just look at the map and see if one of your alliances has an island a few sectors over, or what islands have lower tax rates to entice more settlers.

Has anyone tried playing with the Atlas settings and just seeing if you can toggle off the claiming "Island Info" but leave on the Discovery texts so that it looks no different then what it did before?

On 4/24/2019 at 3:42 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I assume this can be an option in unofficial servers.

Yes, it can be. Most unofficial servers I have seen since the patch have the fog of war on.

One more thing that I miss dearly about fog of war after thinking about it, is a very precise chronicle of where I have been, and where I have yet to explore. Now I have to rely exclusively on the forcefields to remember where I've been when I am sailing toward a familiar-looking island that is a copy-paste of another island I might have visited on this server, or maybe it was the PTE, no it must have been that unofficial server... I think.

Maybe they can do a hybrid.  Maybe there can be a list of islands that are open...no owner, and a list of owned islands, and who owns them.  In addition, each island in the list can have the details listed, so if owned, what the raid timer is set to.  Then bring back the fog of war.  I would, however, like it to reveal a larger area by default.  I don't mind having it show me where I have been, but I want more revealed as I pass through a grid.  Allow an icon for discovery points that you have revealed, but not accessed.  In other words, you sail past an island, close enough to reveal it is there, but not landed...it should show a discovery icon, so you know to go back there and get it.

I wouldn't mind the game offering more exploration, but they need to allow the Sloops and Schooners to shine in this department by allowing a new sale just for them, that allows both speed, and more ability to sail closer to the wind, like the maneuvering sails do.  So in other words, a sail that combines the speed sail and maneuvering sail.  This makes the game friendlier to new companies.

The exception should be the ramshackle sloop.  That should not come with this sail.

• Like 1