Sign in to follow this  
Badkebab

Bloated skill trees and schizophrenic game design.

Some of the skill trees require considerable changes as some of the skills are entirely useless or in some cases misleading or flat out incorrect

Hand harvesting is totally useless it applies ONLY to harvesting barehanded who does that after those first 6 wood and few stone on their lvl 1 character. 

Flotsam visibility talents... Useless they are entirely negated by using the sextant which gives unlimited visibility of flotsam after completion of the mini game. 

Pistol reloading 20% in the title but the description reads 10% faster pistol reloading. 

These are just some examples, the skill trees and point costs really need to be re examined. 

The game design as a whole seems to be highly schizophrenic the ship art assets and sea are excellent but the game mechanics result in fleets of lego shotguns being the successful way to fight.  The state of pvp ship battles seems to have nothing to do with the wind, the sails, or ship speed and everything to do with who can put out the highest amount of damage in the shortest time and who has the most base building pieces attached to their ship. 

Melee weapons exist but seem to be cosmetic items as land combat is all about tames towing cannons that require no set up time to fire and are instantly mobile if they need to move. Treasure map hunting is nothing to do with pirate combat but all about riding up on an animal and curbstomping the army of the dead with the tame. Additional players present are window dressing and  tames incidentally negate another skill "knowledge of the dead" granting increased damage to the army of the dead. This skill is a complete waste of skill points. 

Perhaps this is all according to the game you want to make but if so then populate the skill trees according to what the game is actually about and how it is actually played. 

Save time on creating art assets for ships that are rendered useless or invisible by the way the game is actually played. Why would I pay 400 gold for a figurehead that is overshadowed by all the lego hanging off the ship, a figurehead that within minutes of a pvp naval battle will most likely be on the bottom of the ocean. 

I hear you are looking at making it easier to capture ships.... Be careful with that... 

• Like 1

tbh the sextant mini game is annoying as hell.  Is that even needed?  😉

Some talents are ambiguous for sure.  Does the one that grants damage bonus to soldiers of the damned apply to tames for example?

• Like 1

sextant mini game takes seconds to do once you have the hang of it and a 2hr plus compas and mini map on screen is great when out sailing 

12 minutes ago, uli said:

sextant mini game takes seconds to do once you have the hang of it and a 2hr plus compas and mini map on screen is great when out sailing 

mini game always lasted 5 min for me, did they change it or something? if last 2hr I will do it everytime now.

Yes if u manage to get a lot of stars they can last up to an hr or two even.

10 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

mini game always lasted 5 min for me, did they change it or something? if last 2hr I will do it everytime now.

3 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

how many stars you need for 2 hours?

Its worth spending some points on duration, 11 stars is the standard amount I collect and the compass and mini map last about two hours. 

5 hours ago, Vorxius said:

tbh the sextant mini game is annoying as hell.  Is that even needed?  😉

Some talents are ambiguous for sure.  Does the one that grants damage bonus to soldiers of the damned apply to tames for example?

Even if the skill did apply to tames I wouldn't spend points on it as the tames already make the army of the damned into nonsense. 

16 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

i think they did at some point it was an alliance player that mentioned it over bank holiday . i tried it and was surprised at how long it now lasts i had it over 8000 seconds yesterday 

The max time i got on the sextant is just over 7k sec so about 2h

I've never seen a single twinkly star.. nor got it to work on the sun.

13 hours ago, Master_Pain said:

Do you guys get an FPS drop with the sextant buff? I get a 15-20 fps hit with the buff active.

I haven't noticed degraded performance when I have the sextant buff, I don't have an fps counter running but nothing felt different in terms of performance when the buff is on

13 hours ago, Master_Pain said:

Do you guys get an FPS drop with the sextant buff? I get a 15-20 fps hit with the buff active.

yes , small fps drop when its active ,