RSOrleans

Pets on Boats?

Have they broke it again over night? 

Once again sat in the sea with a bear refusing to move. 

Just me? 

They disabled moving tames to ships in the latest patch not sure why but it sounded like a bug issue they are trying to fix.

I do believe it related to the ladder bug , as in , if you move your tame to ship via the wheel and if that tame  land on top of ladder , you won't be able to use that ladder and thus can't get onto ship .

Edited by kampfer91

Never had some problems with. But lost a lot of tames while crossing the servers. 

Had some missing wolf, bear, horse and a bunch of chicken and parrots.

Since I check after raising the anchor, if every pet is "normal" on the deck and not hovering around or stuck in, I have no more problems. 

And NEVER cross the border with pets on the shoulder. With a chance more than 40% u will lose them (% are my personal opinion).

I've never used the wheel, always had them follow me onto the ship.  Pre wipe, it seemed folks that used the wheel way, had more issues of tames floating away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah for us that was the key, a semi floating pet.   They'd snag on something, and all of a sudden they're gone.  We have to mount the pet when on deck, and they 'fall' on to it, even though they were on it.  This cures all the doubt.

Interesting if they have removed the wheel option to get them on the boat... that's going to cause problems!

Have them follow you. Has always worked way better, less buggy

And yes make sure the feet are firmly planted on the deck

12 minutes ago, EyEamInfidel said:

Oh  didn’t know this still worked.

2 hours ago, EyEamInfidel said:

Works best if you set them to follow "lowest," in Behavior.  Also, works best if you call them to you once one the ship.  Having them follow you on, can cause problems when going up a ladder that has ceilings and walls between the ladder and where you want to put the animal.  Best to call them to you, as they are off the side of the ship, and then quickly run to the spot where you want them.  They will teleport onto the deck at the side of the ship, and walk to your spot.  I have bad things happen when they come onto the ship at built up Quarterdecks and Fo'c'sles.  Better to have them enter from the side of the ship.  Then put them on passive...not passive flee.

21 hours ago, zwt2135 said:

They disabled moving tames to ships in the latest patch not sure why but it sounded like a bug issue they are trying to fix.

There is a bug, if you move tames to ship they'll sometimes glitch into the sky and die due to falling it has been in the game since so long and its not commom occurence so not all people know about it.

Crazy I have moved tames on the boat every time like that and never came across it. I didn't even know until now you can have them follow you like AI hahah I should have but at least I learned something new. Thanks for the info!

On 4/23/2019 at 5:07 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Works best if you set them to follow "lowest," in Behavior.  Also, works best if you call them to you once one the ship.  Having them follow you on, can cause problems when going up a ladder that has ceilings and walls between the ladder and where you want to put the animal.  Best to call them to you, as they are off the side of the ship, and then quickly run to the spot where you want them.  They will teleport onto the deck at the side of the ship, and walk to your spot.  I have bad things happen when they come onto the ship at built up Quarterdecks and Fo'c'sles.  Better to have them enter from the side of the ship.  Then put them on passive...not passive flee.

True about structure difficulties. Didn't think much about that, I keep a clear deck. 

17 minutes ago, 8ball said:

True about structure difficulties. Didn't think much about that, I keep a clear deck. 

I have learned that the animals seem to do best when placed on an actual deck, not ceilings.  For some reason, ceilings are not as stable.  I transported 2 bears, 2 crows, a parrot, a bull and a cow across several servers, and had no issues with them.  All arrived safely at the destination.

I have noticed that after this recent patch to work through the zoning and appearance of players on a boat now my tames that are standing firmly on a ceiling tile will slide off the back of my schooner...    GG guys.    but on brigs and gallys its fine because of it being a solid ship deck. 

Most Recent patch keeps getting my tames stuck in the back of the boat no matter if they follow or i put them on the boat.

yesterday, my bear glitched into my ceiling deck of my schooner. i have to demolisch my ceiling deck to free.

not funny... 😞

I always used to go up the ladder and let them follow me until I found they glitched into the back of the schooner, I had it slightly built up at the back and they always get stuck in the floor or the sides so i stopped doing it.

Now I always use the send to ship from the wheel, only had couple of problems with tiger or bear vanishing into thin air. I now try to pull up near a shipyard if possible and ride it on myself to be sure it does go on, if not then it's just take a chance on sending it to ship on the wheel.

Would be nice if they fixed it though, when you're sailing along and you see them bobbing up and down slightly it makes you think are they going to go into the sky? It happened once with a bear and it floated off into the distance, never seen it since. I try to quickly jump on just to stop it bobbing up and down.

I also lost an NPC the other day when I used send to ship, just vanished and it died. I usually just use follow with them though up the ladder but that time I didn't and lost it so beware of that also.

i go onboard (using back ladder) and leave pet into water besides the boat. once standing along the sideboard of the ship, i whistle my pet. it will follow me by jumping onboad.

Works like a charm. yesterday, i forgot to unwhistle. he glitched into the upperdeck when i was below on the underdeck.

Once again, I have learned that the tames do better on the decks, than the ceilings.  Have not had a bear glitch through a deck.  Have not had a tame slide off the ship if on a deck.  Try purpose building a ship for animal transport.  Find any method that works for you that allows you to keep the animal on the deck, not a ceiling.