Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Colonies offline protection failed : Reason

„Normal“ landlords set the attack time frame for their island around 5pm to 2am, so in the evening when the majority of people is playing Atlas.

So they can fight other landlords while most of the players from both sides are online.

“Muhaha offline raider  trolls“ on the other hand set their time frame when attacks can happen into daytime,something like 7am to 4pm, when players have to work/go to school.

So they trolls are (nearly)completely safe of counterattacks but can raid other „normal“ players.

Got it ?

15 minutes ago, Talono said:

„Normal“ landlords set the attack time frame for their island around 5pm to 2am, so in the evening when the majority of people is playing Atlas.

So they can fight other landlords while most of the players from both sides are online.

“Muhaha offline raider  trolls“ on the other hand set their time frame when attacks can happen into daytime,something like 7am to 4pm, when players have to work/go to school.

So they trolls are (nearly)completely safe of counterattacks but can raid other „normal“ players.

Got it ?

Solution : Get Aussies or and Euro's in your company

3 hours ago, Talono said:

But can they offline raid other players?

1 hour ago, Pant said:

But can they offline raid other players?

Yes they can, because 9 hours is a very long time and not suitible for smaller teams. The 9 hour time frame is made for megas and for would-be influencer streamers, just as all stuff in Atlas is made exclusively for megas/streamers (raise of the company limit to 75 players, lock of submarine away from smaller teams, nerf of the wolves, new landlord slavery system, devs refusal to grant players a 2x eastern ressource/tame event ... and so on ).

The fact which is not noticed by the devs is, that 80% of the player community are not chinese 1000 player hives but solo/small teams/casuals.

Either devs manage the turnaround fast, or as Bologna said, "This game will be dead in the end of summer".

Edited by Talono

1 hour ago, Talono said:

Yes they can, because 9 hours is a very long time and not suitible for smaller teams. The 9 hour time frame is made for megas and for would-be influencer streamers, just as all stuff in Atlas is made exclusively for megas/streamers (raise of the company limit to 75 players, lock of submarine away from smaller teams, nerf of the wolves, new landlord slavery system, devs refusal to grant players a 2x eastern ressource/tame event ... and so on ).

The fact which is not noticed by the devs is, that 80% of the player community are not chinese 1000 player hives but solo/small teams/casuals.

Either devs manage the turnaround fast, or as Bologna said, "This game will be dead in the end of summer".

This is a perfect analysis, why the Game still has so little population and so many negative reviews. The devs simply forget, that ppl might have a RL family and friends, RL jobs to earn the money the need to buy the game and future DLCs.

My personal impression is, that there are two groups within Grapeshot itself fighting over the direction which the game should take. One group dreams of mega companies and mega fights ala EvE-Online. The tryout of the Empire-Server, denying an influence map for colonies from the beginning, nervs to game mechanics in the favour of larger clans (whale payout nerv) etc.

I can only hope, that the more sensible group of devs, listening to smaller and medium clan players, will win this internal struggle. The colonies system revived your playerbase to a certain ammount. Continue to improve the mechanics in the favour of small to medium clans and you will not only see that your playerbase recovers, it will make the game also more interesting for new players to buy.

We are a small company and barely can cover the 9h windows due to my ppl having a live. A window of 6-7 hours would make a attack of up to 5-6 hours (one hour claim timer) possible. And I call this still a long battle. A shorter window of 4-5 hours would even allow casual players, to enjoy PvE content or recover after an attack, so that the PvP can continue.

Edited by Ban Tier

5 hours ago, Talono said:

Got it ?

What counterattacks? If offline raider can´t offline raid me why would I counterattack him? As long as he can´t attack me I don´t care about him. 

There was a need to protect people FROM offline raiders which this system resolves perfectly. 

7 minutes ago, Ban Tier said:

This is a perfect analysis, why the Game still has so little population and so many negative reviews. The devs simply forget, that ppl might have a RL family and friends, RL jobs to earn the money the need to buy the game and future DLCs.

My personal impression is, that there are two groups within Grapeshot itself fighting over the direction which the game should take. One group dreams of mega companies and mega fights ala EvE-Online. The tryout of the Empire-Server, denying an influence map for colonies from the beginning, nervs to game mechanics in the favour of larger clans (whale payout nerv) etc.

I can only hope, that the more sensible group of devs, listening to smaller and medium clan players, will win this internal struggle. The colonies system revived your playerbase to a certain ammount. Continue to improve the mechanics in the favour of small to medium clans and you will not only see that your playerbase recovers, it will make the game also more interesting for new players to buy.

We are a small company and barely can cover the 9h windows due to my ppl having a live. A window of 6-7 hours would make a attack of up to 5-6 hours (one hour claim timer) possible. And I call this still a long battle. A shorter window of 4-5 hours would even allow casual players, to enjoy PvE content or recover after an attack, so that the PvP can continue.

4-5 hours isn´t a time during which you can succesfully raid a well defended base, it would mean the end of raiding outside of wars. If you can´t be online like 9 hours a day COMBINED with your other mates in a company I would suggest you to invite more members or merge with someone OR just go sneaky mode on lawless (which ofc won´t protect your ships but usually there are awesome spots on lawless for a base where noone will bother to raid you).

Covering 9 hours a day in a survival MMO if you want to claim you own island isn´t really much. Generally survival games like Atlas, ARK, Conan, Rust etc. take a lot of time. 

Edited by Willard

you can not shit do not torment your ass. finished, not finished - 3 hours!:classic_biggrin:

P.S. From YouTube streams: A well-thought-out plan reduces the time to win at least 3 times.

Edited by Konvar

Someone could always suggest a raid window length based on company size!

Just a random thought while reading this - figure out the durations yourselves.

@Willard : you did not fully understand my post. We do ok with the 9 hours window, but as you pointed out, it IS a LOT of time. My point is that if Grapeshot wants to sell more copies of their game and fill up the servers, they need to continue to improve the experience for casual gamer, who do NOT want to invest so much time. And one point is to make the life of raiders as hard as possible.

You need to have skills to kill a base in 4 hours, but that is what I call "ambitious PvP". Making the life for the attacker easier is the wrong direction. The dramatic drop of playernumbers and the fail of the empire server proofed this.

So I hope, Grapeshot continues this direction.