Mordeus

Random grid crossing issues

I currently have a dedicated server with Linux ubuntu set up with a 4x4 grid, with a clean wipe everything works great, can cross to all grids just fine, no issues usually until quite a bit later, maybe even next day.  The issue is players can stay in a grid instance just fine but when they cross over its like the other grid is asleep(or crashed) and they get the pending connection to host and then get kicked, the grid instance doesn't show its down when i do a status check, but if I restart the grid they can get back in, and if they wait long enough the grid restarts itself (I am using Atlas Server Tools).

I can make this happen myself as well just by sailing around, It will happen 2 out of 3 times right now for me. It doesnt appear to be a particular grid

I have tried everything I can think of to fix the issue, which are most of the things on this forum, the last server i had was windows and never had this issue, I am wondering if its Linux related but i think a lot of people are running linux now?

Some of the things I have tried:
Checked, checked and checked ports for each grid instance in the json as well as match in config files for atlas server tools, ports forwarded
cpu usage(50-70%) and memory 70 out of 128 gig
Dual Xeon E5-2670v22 CPU - 20 Cores / 40 Threads2.50Ghz - 3.30Ghz 128GB DDR3  480GB SSD

installed TravelData cleaner after this all started, it reduced the size of redis but didnt seem to help, actually made it worse for me so i uninstalled

I guess Im also curious if anyone else is running a Linux public server and having issues or is everything going ok?
Thanks!

Edited by Mordeus
typo

I've experienced flaky transitions while attempting to set up a new map. Sometimes a tile would work, sometimes it would time out. No one else but me on the server, as I was setting it up.

Previous to 1.5, things were going smoothly other than my usual complaint about tames and crew disappearing when following off ships on Linux Servers. I've given up for now, waiting for a few more patches.