Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

Cmon all you know it alls

Every time I convert my image to the pnt file for atlas... when I paint my claim flag... it just does the emblem and leaves the background blank... and make it look like dog crap.. I tried saving and editing the photo like 5-10 times.

Can you post a png of your flag? You're not exactly making it easy for someone to help you.

1 minute ago, Bisbois said:

Can you post a png of your flag? You're not exactly making it easy for someone to help you.

I can when I get off work, but in short its just a typical pirate flag... Black Background with a Skull... when I pain the image on the flag... it shows up exactly how I want it to paint... but it will only paint the Skull... and leaves the background default canvas colored... if that makes sense?

Not sure what you're converting with but it sounds like you're probably replacing the black background with transparency. What's it look like if you open the pnt back up with the converter? If you want to just shoot me the image I can convert it for you too.

21 minutes ago, Bisbois said:

Not sure what you're converting with but it sounds like you're probably replacing the black background with transparency. What's it look like if you open the pnt back up with the converter? If you want to just shoot me the image I can convert it for you too.

I could do that when I get home, but yeah when I open it it replaces the background with Transparency... every time it converts from image to .pnt it makes the background transparent.... old ark painter mod maybe?

3 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I could do that when I get home, but yeah when I open it it replaces the background with Transparency... every time it converts from image to .pnt it makes the background transparent.... old ark painter mod maybe?

I use the one 8bitpineapple made - here. I believe there is an option in the converter to replace a color with transparency by clicking but I can't remember off the top of my head as I don't use that option. Also saw your other post about it making your images 'not HD' or something - Atlas doesn't use hi-resolution images for paintings. Most are 256x256px and some are stretched with different aspect ratios, like the claim flags. It is a 256x256 image that is stretched so you need to account for that if you want it to look good. Hope that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Bisbois said:

I use the one 8bitpineapple made - here. I believe there is an option in the converter to replace a color with transparency by clicking but I can't remember off the top of my head as I don't use that option. Also saw your other post about it making your images 'not HD' or something - Atlas doesn't use hi-resolution images for paintings. Most are 256x256px and some are stretched with different aspect ratios, like the claim flags. It is a 256x256 image that is stretched so you need to account for that if you want it to look good. Hope that makes sense.

Oh the HD problem I figured out... I was using Ark color mod instead of the Atlas option.. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Bisbois said:

Thanks man, that link did the trick!

• Like 1