Myk

Great Big Thank You @ Grapeshot

Look, Grapeshot.  You guys are not the best at schedules, but its OK, there's plenty of folks complaining about that.

I wanted to say big ups to Grapeshot Games.  Trying new things, not afraid to wipe an EA situation, that's awesome.  Fixing broken stuff requires testing, trying things out, and you guys have the kohones to do it.  Much respect.

Put that on top of really listening to your community, and I gotta say Big Ups.  You realized NA Empires wasn't going well, you heard folks crying about not enough islands for small companies in PvE and no NA Server.  You took the steps to fix this quickly, and gave a lot of us a great holiday in the process.

Sure, there's bugs.  Sure, some folks didn't come out ahead on this change, but overall - really nice.

I know most people only come to forums when they're upset, so I wanted to say my piece.

Great job!

Myk

• Like 4

\signed

I know you guys are working hard and get a lot of crap here on the forums but there are many people, the silent majority, that do appreciate you guys.

Most of us understand there isn't going to be 1 perfect solution for everyone but I personally think the game is heading in the right direction.

• Like 1

\signed

I agree with the other responses.  The game may still have some bugs and some content is nothing more then just writing on a concept page, but I for one am excited to see what happens to the game in the future.

Let me guess, you three were lucky and have claimed land?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Myk said:

Put that on top of really listening to your community, 

they really listened when the community was overwhelming against the stupid claim system in pve ..

Haha, what a winner post.

You claimed an island on NA PVE, bc >50% of NA population still on EU PVE.

Shutting down Empires PVP after ~10 Days is a big FUCK U from the Devs for all PVE players (missing NA Server) and the empire PVP guys.

It just show that the devs did not have the " kohones " to fully commit to colony in the first place.

They never listen to us, they just implemented the system with the least amount of work for them. They adapted PVP instead of coding a dedicated PVE system (upkeep per structure).

In the process they lied multiple times about additional server (PTR, another PVE etc).

The deves start just now to fix the undocumented fuckups they did with the patch. There is still so much wrong (PVE) atm.

Water situation in dessert is still bad, you get punished for not building on ressources (shore side building have no access to water).

The Quests are kinda a joke, shipyards are giving back what we had befor.

Getting discovery points feels even more useless/burden now with 23,5 --> 34,2 increase for a level.

Island Point only tied to SIZE is so lame. Most of small island are Lawless is lame too.

The patch should have been better tested on PTR.

6 hours ago, Dollie said:

hug.gif

NICE, one off the 5 posts the Community Manager and Live Services Team Member did in the last 10 days on their official website.

I have gave props to the developers in the past and honestly to see Dollie post here after just a couple comments makes this a joke alone.

We have posted thousands of topics here and not a single comment, follow up or acknowledgement from any of them and a couple newbies to the forums show up and all of a sudden they appear (Bullshit).

I will say the look of the Alphas is way cooler then they were pre-wipe and since I was able to grab an island that I was pretty stoked about that. I’m still waiting for my cosmetic Pirates Hat that was promised.

I love the game and plan to play for a long time, the time and effort that went into a design like this is amazing and other game designers could take some notes from this team but it still has bugs to get fixed before I’ll change my negative review back to a positive one.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rask said:

Let me guess, you three were lucky and have claimed land?

Was my first thing in my mind I read his post. 

Because yeah. We got a claim and are happy. All of the unhappy posts here comes from the people who don't have a claim.

But you all knew, that it will become a race for the islands. We knew about and where prepared. It was stressful, lot of people cross-talking in the TS and at least, after 5am we claimed. The heads smoked, hurted and all where done and close to fall asleep. But we claimed. All of us working 100% and we all had a not so funny day after 😖 but we claimed.

To all of you, single player or small groups (I.e. playing with a friend or two):

Try to find a company to fit in, not a island to claim.

• Like 1

Ah go bite a big one, I’m a solo player and I have just as much right to own an island as a company with 100 members.  There is no difference on how many people represent a company name then a solo player as long as the content can still be completed. 

This has never made any sense to me, people always recruiting members in all these mmo that have came out in the past and will continue to come out in the future but the truth of the matter is that normally it’s s small group that makes up the core of the guild that plays on a regular basis with one another and they choose to work on the same content together. 

A solo player or husband and wife team can do the same thing in any MMO, all they have to do is make a few friends in the game they are playing and join in doing the game content together. 

The difference to me is that being in a company means you follow the schedule of the company leader or officer if you want to participate in the company events and a solo player just has to spend time finding other players who are doing the content as he/she is. Once the content is done you go about your merry way and perhaps you’ve made a few friends in the process.

I work for a living and that is enough of a schedule for me. My family is my life and everything is based around them, from what kind of work I do to how much I can ride my motorcycle. Gaming is a way to pass time and relax, meet some new people and hopefully develop some long lasting friendships. 

Edited by Daemon Cross
  • Like 1

Happy tenant here, we didn't have the company size to get the island we aimed for.

And like most the guys that claimed the island aren't dicks.

Water is now sorted, had no trouble filling barrels on another island to water our garden, but easier now.

We are having fun, keep it up.

What race? There are plenty of unclaimed islands still available and most Lawless are half empty... I guess that happens if you lose a large part of your playerbase and add 40% more islands. There never was so much space in this game, ever. At least EU PvE.

Just want to say thank you to the GS in game support team as well...  Like many people I had an issue, and within a few hours everything was resolved..    No need to go into details, but sufficed to say that someone came to help and they were awesome.  Small gestures like that restores the faith in humanity!  🙂

As you were, as you were.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grongash said:

What race? There are plenty of unclaimed islands still available and most Lawless are half empty... I guess that happens if you lose a large part of your playerbase and add 40% more islands. There never was so much space in this game, ever. At least EU PvE.

Easy to understand: an fixed amount of islands, only a few of them claimable with 5...10 ppl in the company. That made it a race for an island.

Yeah there are some unclaimed islands and we also would like to claim a bigger/better one. But without the members, no island.

At least it's off topic here, sry for that.

16 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

Easy to understand: an fixed amount of islands, only a few of them claimable with 5...10 ppl in the company. That made it a race for an island.

Yeah there are some unclaimed islands and we also would like to claim a bigger/better one. But without the members, no island.

At least it's off topic here, sry for that.

We started out with a small 15 point island, really not worth it sadly. They are really tiny and the resources are not enough to sustain ship/base building. In that case you are really better off with lawless, there are still quite a lot of them empty, depending on the region. Im in a small company myself, i know how frustrating it is, but i hope they will reduced the points and gold upkeep at some point. I guess they overestimated the playerbase and size of companies at least for PvE.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grongash said:

We started out with a small 15 point island, really not worth it sadly. They are really tiny and the resources are not enough to sustain ship/base building. In that case you are really better off with lawless, there are still quite a lot of them empty, depending on the region. Im in a small company myself, i know how frustrating it is, but i hope they will reduced the points and gold upkeep at some point. I guess they overestimated the playerbase and size of companies at least for PvE.

as they have stated they are not worried about player base size  at this stage of development , the systems they are designing are for the longer term game and if all goes well and good design decisions are made an increase in players base and larger company’s 

1 hour ago, uli said:

as they have stated they are not worried about player base size  at this stage of development , the systems they are designing are for the longer term game and if all goes well and good design decisions are made an increase in players base and larger company’s 

Then  it would still make sense to reduce it during the early stages, especially for PvE. There is no need to form large companies in PvE, and from the people i met so far it is a lot of small groups of rl friends mostly. With the exception of "endgame" content there is no need for large companies. 

• Like 1

Congrats on wrecking what could have been a good game. The people applauding you are the very very few that actually got a claim this time. the new claim system is garbage. You should have limited claims to 5 flags and called it a day. The blown deadlines and long wait for the wipe really killed the player base. Holding off NA PVE made it worse. Thanks for being so inept you missed every single deadline you shot for. The reviews of your game are indicative of your work ethic. Good job for blowing a perfectly good game!

18 hours ago, Grongash said:

Then  it would still make sense to reduce it during the early stages, especially for PvE. There is no need to form large companies in PvE, and from the people i met so far it is a lot of small groups of rl friends mostly. With the exception of "endgame" content there is no need for large companies. 

u dont know what end game they have planned it may need large companys to do them ,

, leave the large islands as they are , no small company should have the option to own any of the 69-122 point islands , u want them merge into larger company and take one , 

12 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

. the new claim system is garbage. You should have limited claims to 5 flags and called it a day. 

this is all the claim system needed 

All they done was made the islands like lawless except the owner of the island can clear out foundation and pillar spam or any structures that have been built on rare resources.   Some island owners will abuse this and demolish any settlers who try to build on their island for no more reason then they have the power to do so.

No one living on someone else’s island gets taxed anymore, the only thing you have to worry about is the limited window for your builds, if the island owner doesn’t demolish them in (I think) 24 hours then you have nothing to worry about.  Not saying someone can’t build on top of you but I’m sure you get the understanding of lawless.