Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

where are the Empire players?

Look PVE will only fail due to content lacking end game been too easy. Pvp will fail due to unstructured and unfair pvp  as well as the two other reasons. 

The real issues have been the absolute shambles of a launch and the having to rework the game instead of creating and adding new content. With all these major issues  from a point of an ea release to content adding, they are 2 to 3 months behind.  They are just lucky anthem has tanked and there's a platue in  terms of battle royal games in general.  I don't think this game will make it to console or if it does it will require them to make a paid dlc.  

37 minutes ago, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

Look PVE will only fail due to content lacking end game been too easy. Pvp will fail due to unstructured and unfair pvp  as well as the two other reasons. 

The real issues have been the absolute shambles of a launch and the having to rework the game instead of creating and adding new content. With all these major issues  from a point of an ea release to content adding, they are 2 to 3 months behind.  They are just lucky anthem has tanked and there's a platue in  terms of battle royal games in general.  I don't think this game will make it to console or if it does it will require them to make a paid dlc.  

A lot of their servers problems are because they REFUSE to put an actual server in NA... I have seen far less complaining from the EU guys because they are way closer to their server than we are.... its idiotic.

2 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Blah blah blah

The only successful Sandbox game to date is Eve... everything else you can mention has not been around for 15+ years.  How many servers is it running?  1.... it has all of its players PVE and PVP on one server... I cannot stress to you anymore of how important it is for a game like Atlas to have 1 server type.... granted they need to make a safe place for the pathetic PVE plebs to be safe in, and make it to where PVP players need PVE.... just like they do in Eve.... 

I am not talking about any type of mechanic that has not already been proven to work... why even try to dispute it?  IT works.... 

I mean, don't listen... don't try to make the game better and appeal to a larger audience... keep your 3k players.... I guess thats success somehow?

Eve also has PVE areas and PVP areas on that one server. It's not all or nothing. You lack vision

• Like 1

Just now, UncleMike said:

Eve also has PVE areas and PVP areas on that one server. It's not all or nothing. You lack vision

If you read through my stuff yo would realize that I already stated this would be a necessary change to accommodate them... but keep half-ass reading.

31 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

If you read through my stuff yo would realize that I already stated this would be a necessary change to accommodate them... but keep half-ass reading.

Sorry it was getting hard to listen through the whining that everyone didnt agree that your play style is what everyone wants. Which by the way, they don't.

You keep ASSuming away champ, I'm sure you're garnering support for your crusade.

51 minutes ago, UncleMike said:

Sorry it was getting hard to listen through the whining that everyone didnt agree that your play style is what everyone wants. Which by the way, they don't.

You keep ASSuming away champ, I'm sure you're garnering support for your crusade.

LOL support?  Aint no support for any opinion on this forum except for PVE... look at PVE threads compared to PVP... 3x as much... The PVP playerbase which would continue to play this game have already quit... because this forum has nothing but people like you in it... that have no experience with any game of merit.  I'm just wasting time at work in hopes that maybe the devs might track these conversation and actually make some decent changes... if they don't... I don't really care... as most of us wrote the game off already.

4 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Blah blah blah

The only successful Sandbox game to date is Eve... everything else you can mention has not been around for 15+ years.  How many servers is it running?  1.... it has all of its players PVE and PVP on one server... I cannot stress to you anymore of how important it is for a game like Atlas to have 1 server type.... granted they need to make a safe place for the pathetic PVE plebs to be safe in, and make it to where PVP players need PVE.... just like they do in Eve.... 

I am not talking about any type of mechanic that has not already been proven to work... why even try to dispute it?  IT works.... 

I mean, don't listen... don't try to make the game better and appeal to a larger audience... keep your 3k players.... I guess thats success somehow?

The Oldest Longest Running Sandbox is Ultima Online!!!  Know something about what your talking about...  There are plenty of Sandbox's older then Eve!  Runescape for instance!

14 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

The Oldest Longest Running Sandbox is Ultima Online!!!  Know something about what your talking about...  There are plenty of Sandbox's older then Eve!  Runescape for instance!

ugh arguing that Ultima is a sandbox... ugh.

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

ugh arguing that Ultima is a sandbox... ugh.

Of course Ultima Online is a Sandbox it was the first ever Sandbox MMORPG!!!

Everquest was a Themepark as was World of Warcraft

Star Wars Galaxies was a Sandbox...

In an Sandbox MMORPG any character can go anywhere and meet anyone at any time, there is no instancing!  The player creates his content, does he want to explore to the north or the south does he want to kill orcs or cut tree's or mine ore, there are no quest's dictating what the player should do.  Its is not linear, there is not level specific content, Ultima Online is the VERY FREAKING DEFINITION of a Sandbox MMORPG....  I don't know why I bother even responding to you!!!  

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Of course Ultima Online is a Sandbox it was the first ever Sandbox MMORPG!!!

Everquest was a Themepark as was World of Warcraft

Star Wars Galaxies was a Sandbox...

In an Sandbox MMORPG any character can go anywhere and meet anyone at any time, there is no instancing!  The player creates his content, does he want to explore to the north or the south does he want to kill orcs or cut tree's or mine ore, there are no quest's dictating what the player should do.  Its is not linear, there is not level specific content, Ultima Online is the VERY FREAKING DEFINITION of a Sandbox MMORPG....  I don't know why I bother even responding to you!!!  

Ultima if you want to paint a picture as being a Sandbox... would be an argument... but it still doesn't excuse Eve from not being in the picture... as a 16 year juggernaut of sandbox, and economy godlyness.

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Ultima if you want to paint a picture as being a Sandbox... would be an argument... but it still doesn't excuse Eve from not being in the picture... as a 16 year juggernaut of sandbox, and economy godlyness.

Can you even follow your own discussion your the genius who claimed EVE was the FIRST Sandbox MMORPG and now your trying to turn the discussion into if Eve is good or not?!?  16 year juggernaut makes it a Baby compared to Ultima Online which I was playing in 1996 thats 23 Years ago!  And in that 7 years, the following Sandbox MMORPG were released BEFORE IT:

Star Wars Galaxies

Shadowbane

Asheron's Call

Anarchy Online

Dark Age of Camelot

Runescape

Just to name a couple off the top of my head....

58 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Can you even follow your own discussion your the genius who claimed EVE was the FIRST Sandbox MMORPG and now your trying to turn the discussion into if Eve is good or not?!?  16 year juggernaut makes it a Baby compared to Ultima Online which I was playing in 1996 thats 23 Years ago!  And in that 7 years, the following Sandbox MMORPG were released BEFORE IT:

Star Wars Galaxies

Shadowbane

Asheron's Call

Anarchy Online

Dark Age of Camelot

Runescape

Just to name a couple off the top of my head....

Kid,

Runescape sucks,

DAOC very niche sucks,

Anarchy online sucks,

Shadowbane sucks,

Star Wars Galaxies sucked and is old as shit

... can you please stop sidetracking this post... Eve is the only one who did it right and EVE is more similar to this game than ANY OF THOSE GAMES... my god man... completely DIFFERENT fing games.... THOSE ARE SANDBOX RPG SHITTER ASS GAMES.  FOR YOU ROLEPLAYING NERDS... They are not conquest PVP games... so please take all your reddit searching and gtfo... you aint even old enough to know about ALL OF THOSE GAMES.

you guys rreally don't get breeding.... ppl will spend months and month perfecting that one animal and then they move to the next animal lets say it take two months to get the perfect animal(and that's low balling it) and if they lets say only perfect like 4 animals that 8 months WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING ANY OTHER CONTENT!

3 hours ago, wintericem107 said:

you guys rreally don't get breeding.... ppl will spend months and month perfecting that one animal and then they move to the next animal lets say it take two months to get the perfect animal(and that's low balling it) and if they lets say only perfect like 4 animals that 8 months WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING ANY OTHER CONTENT!

Atlas "the ultimate fantasy pirate adventure" where the ultimate goal is acquiring the best online Tamagotchi...🤣

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

A lot of their servers problems are because they REFUSE to put an actual server in NA... I have seen far less complaining from the EU guys because they are way closer to their server than we are.... its idiotic.

No I'm calling bullshit on this as an infrastructure Subject Matter Expert for a large global company the locations of the server is 100 percent not a problem with the current speeds that are been provided by most Internet service providers. The issue would be the servers them selves more so.  That can be easily proved by the fact I can play apex legends with Australians with out any issues and no drop in connections. 

But never even mind that u completely ignored what my actual point was that the whole issue with the game has been the concentration on having to fix issues rework content.  Ark at this stage of ea was coming out with new content on a weekly basis for a good 6 to 9 months that's why it got a huge following and also lack of competition played a huge part.  

Also by the time the wipe came most people were close to or  done with most of the content. So why would they come back. I said when they wiped and came back they would need to have come with a lot of content to get a larger player base back. But they haven't done this so thus 75 percent of the players I played with have not bothered coming, back also there is a huge lack of trust with these guys. 

What I'll chime in to say is that even EvE's servers aren't 'magic' either.  Can you imagine in Atlas; time dilation?   That's what happens in EvE when more people are joining a battle than the server can handle in real time.  For those that never heard of this, it's when the server cannot process every instruction by every ship on the grid.  The server slows time right down so it has time to keep track of everyone, everything and every action..   In Atlas, it would translate to taking 20 minutes to reload your gun, and everyone running around like a John Woo set in bullet time.  Atlas has far more going on though, I play in PvE, so these kinds of battles are irrelevant to me, and I think at the moment, from my personal vantage point, that PvE has never been better.  If PvE was taken away, I think I'd go back to Ark, sulking.

7 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

What I'll chime in to say is that even EvE's servers aren't 'magic' either.  Can you imagine in Atlas; time dilation?   That's what happens in EvE when more people are joining a battle than the server can handle in real time.  For those that never heard of this, it's when the server cannot process every instruction by every ship on the grid.  The server slows time right down so it has time to keep track of everyone, everything and every action..   In Atlas, it would translate to taking 20 minutes to reload your gun, and everyone running around like a John Woo set in bullet time.  Atlas has far more going on though, I play in PvE, so these kinds of battles are irrelevant to me, and I think at the moment, from my personal vantage point, that PvE has never been better.  If PvE was taken away, I think I'd go back to Ark, sulking.

Yeah there is a max limit it on the servers and it does look like when they are at 50 percent you do get a huge decrease in action response. But I think the way the client works is that u get rubber banded back so actions will happen in a sequential manner on the server and ur client needs to be updated with a result of the action.  It would be similar to when a server goes down while ur playing.  But this all due to cpu, ram and code efficiency. 

1 minute ago, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

when a server goes down while ur playing

talking of that, I was fishing with my bear, in open seas...  hey it's a great fishing machine!   And I ran out of stamina quite deep down... got attacked by a shark, bear got killed, I got killed, the bloody menu didn't respond to me.  Quit Atlas in a rage, came back after a calming drink, logged back in sitting on my bear on the beach...

I lol'd so genuinely, I thought I had a GM guardian  😉    Now whenever the server goes down, and there's a 10 min roll back, i think to myself:  somewhere, a GM just saved a Kitten (or bear).

It's too funny.   But I digress, damn rubber banding can be frustrating, especially when you're trying to get an elephant through a gate  😉

• Like 1

many write here about EVE and PVE where please find it in EVE PVE? even in high sec you can be shot out of your ship .. because even the concord does not help you, which only punishes the attacker. but your ship is already broken. So anyone who associates EVE with PVE has never played EVE. in big battles you can notify ccp that will provide more power for the grid. again in EVE there is no PVE because PVP can be forced on you at any time. So finally stop to compare EVE and Atlas.

3 hours ago, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

No I'm calling bullshit on this as an infrastructure Subject Matter Expert for a large global company the locations of the server is 100 percent not a problem with the current speeds that are been provided by most Internet service providers. The issue would be the servers them selves more so.  That can be easily proved by the fact I can play apex legends with Australians with out any issues and no drop in connections. 

But never even mind that u completely ignored what my actual point was that the whole issue with the game has been the concentration on having to fix issues rework content.  Ark at this stage of ea was coming out with new content on a weekly basis for a good 6 to 9 months that's why it got a huge following and also lack of competition played a huge part.  

Also by the time the wipe came most people were close to or  done with most of the content. So why would they come back. I said when they wiped and came back they would need to have come with a lot of content to get a larger player base back. But they haven't done this so thus 75 percent of the players I played with have not bothered coming, back also there is a huge lack of trust with these guys. 

You sound like a raging idiot.... and I highly doubt that you know anything about "infrastructure" 

You are trying to compare examples of two ENTIRELY different systems... it IS EXACTLY what I say when I say having EVERYONE in the entire world connect to Germany and then mask that data and give you the illusion that you are running 50 ping... yes their whole network issues are because of this... the game has tons of issues when it comes to stability but thats because they probably don't really have 1 dedicated server per grid like they were saying.... if they did a lot of their issues would be gone... and I really don't got time to listen to you because you sound like a lying pos.

36 minutes ago, Abbadon said:

many write here about EVE and PVE where please find it in EVE PVE? even in high sec you can be shot out of your ship .. because even the concord does not help you, which only punishes the attacker. but your ship is already broken. So anyone who associates EVE with PVE has never played EVE. in big battles you can notify ccp that will provide more power for the grid. again in EVE there is no PVE because PVP can be forced on you at any time. So finally stop to compare EVE and Atlas.

You sound about retarded with that statement... I am going to leave it at that.

15 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Kid,

Runescape sucks,

DAOC very niche sucks,

Anarchy online sucks,

Shadowbane sucks,

Star Wars Galaxies sucked and is old as shit

... can you please stop sidetracking this post... Eve is the only one who did it right and EVE is more similar to this game than ANY OF THOSE GAMES... my god man... completely DIFFERENT fing games.... THOSE ARE SANDBOX RPG SHITTER ASS GAMES.  FOR YOU ROLEPLAYING NERDS... They are not conquest PVP games... so please take all your reddit searching and gtfo... you aint even old enough to know about ALL OF THOSE GAMES.

To be fair atlas sucks too though 

Just now, Realist said:

To be fair atlas sucks too though 

Oh I totally agree, they have destroyed this game listening to these stupid lil PVE / Ark kids.

5 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Oh I totally agree, they have destroyed this game listening to these stupid lil PVE / Ark kids.

I think you have been looking too long into a cyno