Sign in to follow this  
Bolognapwny

where are the Empire players?

He must live in a barren section of the world.  Smallest pop I saw lastnight was 8 and that was a freeport zone after midnight.  Our home zone usually has 30-50 and we only own 1 island. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Well i was rank 1 on Empire till they closed it. Now i am on lawless, Colonies server. Yes, the competition feels somehow..below par ? My defensive positions are a little bit too strong, thats my feeling. I dug myself in massively as on Atlas Alpha release even rock top superfortresses were not safe.

E.G. on my lawless island there are two other tribes. For me ok, have bear, mortars and barrels already. Will soon visit some slavemasters on the claim islands😛

22 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Nah, he just moans because he likes moaning. I mean when you read topics like this one below you'll begin to realise what sort of person he is.

A sort of person that wants this game to be played for the next 10 years.... and not just the next few months until they close down the servers due to lack of interest.... Thats the direction they are headed... its a niche game... they can't expect more than 50k players... and if you spread them out across different servers.... you ultimately get a dead game... no one is going to continue to play a game that feels dead... so yes I very much believe that you shouldn't split your palyer base on this type of game.

Sorry you don't agree with me... but you obviously lack vision.

16 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

A sort of person that wants this game to be played for the next 10 years.... and not just the next few months until they close down the servers due to lack of interest.... Thats the direction they are headed... its a niche game... they can't expect more than 50k players... and if you spread them out across different servers.... you ultimately get a dead game... no one is going to continue to play a game that feels dead... so yes I very much believe that you shouldn't split your palyer base on this type of game.

Sorry you don't agree with me... but you obviously lack vision.

I lack vision? That's odd because you are suggesting the devs close down their servers because they are PvE. Take a look at this site: https://atlas.hgn.hu/

Right there it currently shows:

NA PvE - 782
NA PvP - 1698
EU PvE - 2388
EU PvP - 2606

Right now 45% of the official playerbase is on PvE. Your recommendation of deleting PvE servers is to remove 45% of the playerbase in order for the game to survive? I think your vision is confused.

Also NA PvP Empires struggled to hit 150 most of the time, then when it turned in to NA PvE we're seeing 750+. Yet your vision for the game to improve and survive is to delete PvE.

giphy.gif

And you will be why this game dies at the end of the summer.... The PVE kids will have nothing to do after about a month.... and the PVP people wont have anyone to kill.... PVE kids like to build, PVP kids like to destroy... kinda makes sense to put them on a server together... gives them both things to do... 

like I said.... you lack vision. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

And you will be why this game dies at the end of the summer.... The PVE kids will have nothing to do after about a month.... and the PVP people wont have anyone to kill.... PVE kids like to build, PVP kids like to destroy... kinda makes sense to put them on a server together... gives them both things to do... 

like I said.... you lack vision. 

I have long hated that reference to servers that have PvP ENABLED as = PvP Servers!!!

It makes people like you, believe that the entire point of the server is to run around and non stop PvP....

But in actuality a PvP server is a place where there is the OPTION to PvP if the need arises!!!

Futhermore I hate PvE servers I think there stupid and lame!!! But I understand WHY THEY EXIST and its because of people JUST LIKE YOU!!!

Your right on one thing only a good healthy game needs PvE and PvP combined in one location the Problem is that 20 Years of MMORPG has seperated the two Populaces and have created a trained mentality of playing a game like a Jerk, where people like you shoot first and talk second, of course tons of people play PvE server heck, I do from time to time myself, when I just can't deal with the constant non stop Griefing Trolling and General Jerk off Mentality that the worst PvP games like Ark and Rust Inspire!!!

Edited by Sulfurblade
  • Like 1

Right and people said month after month that ARK would die too and yet that never happened. ARK and Atlas are exactly the same in terms of having a PvP playerbase and a PvE playerbase.

Atlas has poorer playerbase for a multitude of reasons, including failed launch in December due to server performance, the wipe that was announced 5 - 6 weeks in advance, and also Atlas would have started with a lower playerbase because of the history with ARK. None of that has anything to do with PvE, yet people like you blame it all on PvE.

Atlas will not die by the end of the summer. If the devs were moronic enough to remove PvE then the game would die.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Right and people said month after month that ARK would die too and yet that never happened. ARK and Atlas are exactly the same in terms of having a PvP playerbase and a PvE playerbase.

Atlas has poorer playerbase for a multitude of reasons, including failed launch in December due to server performance, the wipe that was announced 5 - 6 weeks in advance, and also Atlas would have started with a lower playerbase because of the history with ARK. None of that has anything to do with PvE, yet people like you blame it all on PvE.

Atlas will not die by the end of the summer. If the devs were moronic enough to remove PvE then the game would die.

Niche games have to make Niche moves... Can you please explain the point of PVE to me?  There isn't a million things to PVE... so... building ships sailing them around alone, and building houses?  Farming your lil farm?  Milking your cows?  Sounds fun... go play a private server.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Niche games have to make Niche moves... Can you please explain the point of PVE to me?  There isn't a million things to PVE... so... building ships sailing them around alone, and building houses?  Farming your lil farm?  Milking your cows?  Sounds fun... go play a private server.

Can you please explain the Point of Shooting buildings with cannons in the middle of the night with no one to shoot back or the point of blowing up a ship with no one aboard?!?  Your idea of Fun is Just as Shallow as the person your pointing out!!!

2 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Can you please explain the Point of Shooting buildings with cannons in the middle of the night with no one to shoot back or the point of blowing up a ship with no one aboard?!?  Your idea of Fun is Just as Shallow as the person your pointing out!!!

you dont pay attention... thats has been fixed.

2 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

you dont pay attention... thats has been fixed.

You missed the entire point of the insult I was flinging at you obviously!!!

Just now, Bolognapwny said:

The problem with the playerbase is people like you, people that belittle game modes that they have no interest in playing. You are so incapable of seeing what the real problems are with the game (i'm not saying here that I know what the real problems are), that you just lay the blame on the aspect of the game that you feel is pointless.

You say there isn't a million things to PvE.... yet there also aren't a million things to PvP.

Are you intending on getting to end game? Are you intending on doing as much as you can ingame? Because there is a hell of a lot more PvE to do on PvP servers than there is actual PvP. And people do on PvE exactly what people do on PvP with the exception of fighting each other.

So when you fight SotD on PvP, when you fight the Kraken and kill the whales, when you go hunting for gold, just take a step back and think for a second, "i'm doing all the PvE shit that I blame on the death of this game". Then don't do it, and see how much you realise that PvE is much more involved in Atlas than PvP is.

Then you'll understand why removing the PvE servers would kill the game.

But i'll tell you what, I'll come back to this topic at the end of the summer when you claim the game will be dead because of the PvE servers and i'll tell you "I told you so", because you don't deserve anything more respectable than that.

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The problem with the playerbase is people like you, people that belittle game modes that they have no interest in playing. You are so incapable of seeing what the real problems are with the game (i'm not saying here that I know what the real problems are), that you just lay the blame on the aspect of the game that you feel is pointless.

You say there isn't a million things to PvE.... yet there also aren't a million things to PvP.

Are you intending on getting to end game? Are you intending on doing as much as you can ingame? Because there is a hell of a lot more PvE to do on PvP servers than there is actual PvP. And people do on PvE exactly what people do on PvP with the exception of fighting each other.

So when you fight SotD on PvP, when you fight the Kraken and kill the whales, when you go hunting for gold, just take a step back and think for a second, "i'm doing all the PvE shit that I blame on the death of this game". Then don't do it, and see how much you realise that PvE is much more involved in Atlas than PvP is.

Then you'll understand why removing the PvE servers would kill the game.

But i'll tell you what, I'll come back to this topic at the end of the summer when you claim the game will be dead because of the PvE servers and i'll tell you "I told you so", because you don't deserve anything more respectable than that.

Don't get all defensive.. Belittling your playmode desires is just pointing out how fickle and bored you kids get... the game mode is literally BORING... after you are done building your little house and your ships... WHATS NEXT... nothing man... you stop playing... thats it... why cater or do anything for a group of players like that?  Thats my point... you telling me you gonna be on a server with 20 people for the next year? farming your farm, and milking your cows?  Hell no you aren't you gonna be on the next EA titled that lets you build a house... because thats the playerbase you are... pathetic. 

11 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Don't get all defensive.. Belittling your playmode desires is just pointing out how fickle and bored you kids get... the game mode is literally BORING... after you are done building your little house and your ships... WHATS NEXT... nothing man... you stop playing... thats it... why cater or do anything for a group of players like that?  Thats my point... you telling me you gonna be on a server with 20 people for the next year? farming your farm, and milking your cows?  Hell no you aren't you gonna be on the next EA titled that lets you build a house... because thats the playerbase you are... pathetic. 

Little House eh???  Its Likely a big beautiful castle full of furniture and decoration utilizing combinations for wood and thatch etc because you can make something look nice and not have to worry about some arse hat like you coming along and ruining it....  

And his ship is likely Multiple ships.  The Galleon for killing SotD, the Galleon for transporting Tames, the Galleon for transporting resources, the Brig for Whaling etc.

And when he has finished with that he could make a Bridge to his neighbors Island or Glider Towers stations to travel via them from island to island.

There is a ton of PvE content a person can think of doing and challenge themselves to do when they actually have a BRAIN that allows them to use this thing called imagination.

Of course we understand why you don't get this point or concept as yours is obviously less developed.  Don't worry nobody likes to admit there part of the 10% of the Population that can't score high enough to even join the Army on the ASVAB....  But that wasn't completely your fault it was partially a pre-disposition passed on bye your parents!

Edited by Sulfurblade

theres all so breeding, hunting that perfect ship part on stods. some made a point that is not a pvp game it just has pvp enablel to add a social aspect to the gaem pve is just it doent have that aspect. 100 percent good point sulfurblade tip of the hat 

Breeding ? Too much time consumption for a 1% stronger bear attack and health.

Perfect ship parts ? Yes, true, but very random what you find.

Most fun ist raiding other players and listening to their helpless insults and whining in chat...muhahahaha *evil chuckle* YOUR HATE MAKES ME STRONGER !

Edited by Talono

11 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

after you are done building your little house and your ships... WHATS NEXT... nothing man... you stop playing... thats it...

Next wipe! I'm building a house on another island!

I'm building another ship! I'm curious!

I alone can do quests! Stupid destroyers do not bother me.

I'll go test a single later!

Edited by Konvar

14 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Sailing alone? Playing alone? building alone? I don't think so. Since 1.5 started our group are building on 2 islands. 2 different types of settlement. We have gone raiding on several occasions to get the power stone as a group on board a single ship (even though we own several).  We have completed the treasure master quest - as a group. And when one play was unable to catch up to us to go on a particular powerstone hunt, we turned the ship around to collect him. That is what PVE is offering - community coming together and working together. 

And before you start by saying that its different for solo players, I should point out that before joining the company, I was a solo player who was continually asked if I wanted to go on a raid with others. It may not be the same experience for everyone, but for me it works.

1 hour ago, AntonyVW said:

Sailing alone? Playing alone? building alone? I don't think so. Since 1.5 started our group are building on 2 islands. 2 different types of settlement. We have gone raiding on several occasions to get the power stone as a group on board a single ship (even though we own several).  We have completed the treasure master quest - as a group. And when one play was unable to catch up to us to go on a particular powerstone hunt, we turned the ship around to collect him. That is what PVE is offering - community coming together and working together. 

And before you start by saying that its different for solo players, I should point out that before joining the company, I was a solo player who was continually asked if I wanted to go on a raid with others. It may not be the same experience for everyone, but for me it works.

That wouldn't be my rhetoric at all actually... my reply would be... what do you do next... Every powerstone is a copy paste experience... 

My whole damn point is... as a PVE players you literally can do everything the game has to offer in less than a Month....

If they add anymore more PVE content before fixing server issues, and PVP issues they will never have anyone to play the game and it will die.... this game wont be around if they focus on PVE... like I said they come out with another early access survival game all of you PVE kids are gone.

24 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

That wouldn't be my rhetoric at all actually... my reply would be... what do you do next... Every powerstone is a copy paste experience... 

My whole damn point is... as a PVE players you literally can do everything the game has to offer in less than a Month....

If they add anymore more PVE content before fixing server issues, and PVP issues they will never have anyone to play the game and it will die.... this game wont be around if they focus on PVE... like I said they come out with another early access survival game all of you PVE kids are gone.

Nah. Pve people are usually the ones that don’t get bored. Pvp people are usually the ones that get bored of the same old pvp and move to another pvp game once it comes out. I mean you get that right? The people that are all about pvp can only kill people so many times before they go play another game with better pvp.

pve players tend to stay around because they want to keep building more or do role playing. 

I was always pvp in ark but once I played Conan I switch to a mode called pve-conflict. This is a third option that atlas should have introduced. Pve conflict still has pvp hours so any kinds of disagreements can be dealt with, you just can’t completely wipe someone. Now if you are the kind of person that “has” to wipe someone then you really aren’t a pvp person either. Player vs player. Not player vs base.

that mode also has what’s called a purge where you still can lose your base but that is because huge waves of npcs come and the stronger you are the stronger they are. 

So really in that mode there is not only pvp but also still risk to your base. Let’s me guess that isn’t enough for you either right?

sorry man but you are wrong. Pve won’t kill the game and pvp won’t kill the game. Bases being wiped will kill the game. That is the main reason people leave. You play, you build up, you get wiped and then you leave. Same story every time

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Realist said:

Nah. Pve people are usually the ones that don’t get bored. Pvp people are usually the ones that get bored of the same old pvp and move to another pvp game once it comes out. I mean you get that right? The people that are all about pvp can only kill people so many times before they go play another game with better pvp.

pve players tend to stay around because they want to keep building more or do role playing. 

I was always pvp in ark but once I played Conan I switch to a mode called pve-conflict. This is a third option that atlas should have introduced. Pve conflict still has pvp hours so any kinds of disagreements can be dealt with, you just can’t completely wipe someone. Now if you are the kind of person that “has” to wipe someone then you really aren’t a pvp person either. Player vs player. Not player vs base.

that mode also has what’s called a purge where you still can lose your base but that is because huge waves of npcs come and the stronger you are the stronger they are. 

So really in that mode there is not only pvp but also still risk to your base. Let’s me guess that isn’t enough for you either right?

sorry man but you are wrong. Pve won’t kill the game and pvp won’t kill the game. Bases being wiped will kill the game. That is the main reason people leave. You play, you build up, you get wiped and then you leave. Same story every time

Blah blah blah

The only successful Sandbox game to date is Eve... everything else you can mention has not been around for 15+ years.  How many servers is it running?  1.... it has all of its players PVE and PVP on one server... I cannot stress to you anymore of how important it is for a game like Atlas to have 1 server type.... granted they need to make a safe place for the pathetic PVE plebs to be safe in, and make it to where PVP players need PVE.... just like they do in Eve.... 

I am not talking about any type of mechanic that has not already been proven to work... why even try to dispute it?  IT works.... 

I mean, don't listen... don't try to make the game better and appeal to a larger audience... keep your 3k players.... I guess thats success somehow?