Sign in to follow this  
shoestatus@gmail.com

I'm I the first with the elephant breeding?

15 hours ago, zottel said:

Yes 😄 

HOW? More details please, wich biome you breed, how u manage to keep baby alive, and more details, some people report breeding is still bugged

Its not bugged its just annoying. Breed low desert biome And then just Need Plenty campfires to Turned on at night. And Stay Awake for 2 days 

We got 14 hours in with campfires but cold weather got them sadly, wasn't able to leave them at all,1 hour break  with no one watching was enough to kill them. Rip Stan, Stuart and Susan. 

Id say high or low desert would be the hardest cause the swing from 5c to 46c. Tropical and equatorial are 17c to 46c. I'm experimenting now with breeding them in the correct biome then transporting to a colder biome to see if I can load up fires and find a more automatic way of doing it like I have my bears setup for so I don't have to stay awake for 43 hours. Although I believe the coding is buggy cause I've had them get hot at 26c in equatorial.

shoestatus any chance of getting an idea of your autobreeding for the bears so we can copy it and test for other animals as staying awake for days is just not possible 

The temperate zone should only get as cold as 5c bears get cold at 6c so just have one to two fires loaded at all times to compensate. Once the animal gets to 10% it will eat out the trough move all other animals away and load it up with berries.

Breeding is still not really good "balanced" over all. We selling a lot of tames and we need to tame a lot.

Lets say we need 48 hours to raise up 3 baby elephants and compare it to the time you need for taming a wild one. You can tame elephants in 10-15 minutes. So in 48 hours we could tame 192 elephants.

Tamed elephant is 80g per lev in our price system. For what an insane amount we should sell breeded tames now?

In terms of "moneymaking" breeding is not good enough. 

• Like 1

I have had success with Giraffes in equatorial, my elephant was 30 hours old and lost it to the cold. It’s not set it and forget it. The first 30 hours were all the same heat setup then poof it died. I was there and tried to save it when I saw it was bloody. I have a potential solution and will share if it works.

3 hours ago, Galadorfh said:

i was expecting you to say tundra zone tbh 

You could do tundra you would need about 7 fires. With one of the older patches, they made baby animals not affected by extreme weather. Experiment and see what works for you I found what works for me with bears and elephants. I did testing with bears pre 1.5 so I had them dialed in before this patch. My next tests are giraffes and rhinos. Remember you can only heat up at this time you cannot cool down. and ceilings have no effect so don't bother with a roof. Also, proximity to the fire makes a difference. In my early testing, only fires and torches worked. I still stick with fires cause they don't need repair.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:39 PM, Galadorfh said:

shoestatus any chance of getting an idea of your autobreeding for the bears so we can copy it and test for other animals as staying awake for days is just not possible 

Set up a breeding pen in E5, literally doesn't go below 7 degrees. Bred 4 bears there now, can also set up a potato farm so you don't have to worry about food. I feed them till they can hold 500 potatoes and thats it barring imprinting. They haven't had any cold or warm weather spurts once whilst being there, this zone is literally heaven for bear breeding and it's lawless so you can go dump up a building without worrying about island owners getting annoyed. 

Swings between 7 and 16 degrees, planning on testing horses there too. 

Update on horse breeding here, 5 campfires lit at all times means no damage to your horse from cold or warm weather. Take an elephant, fill the campfires to the brim and enjoy your horse when it's grown.

Edited by Broadley27
  • Like 1

We try again breeding, i can tell you all DONT DO IT !, u lose time, u lose plenty of time, instead of breeding do other things, explore, tame, play chess, read a book, breeding is a pain in the ass, is a  part of social experiment named ATLAS !

No one is breeding using penguins for thermoregulation?

No because it doesn´t work. I´ve put 16 penguins around my baby and it doesn´t change anything!

anyone set up an auto famr gor rhino's giraffes and elephants yet? got the bear one running now im spitting out loads of babies and litrally dont need to look after them at all once they can hold 500 potatoes like stated above 

On 4/27/2019 at 10:36 AM, Galadorfh said:

anyone set up an auto famr gor rhino's giraffes and elephants yet? got the bear one running now im spitting out loads of babies and litrally dont need to look after them at all once they can hold 500 potatoes like stated above 

The best I've found is temperate cause it doesn't get hotter than 20c. High and Low and tropical and equatorial all swing from 5c to 47c and tropical 15c to 47c. The problem with the higher temp is if you have fires the animal will overheat. I use roughly 20 something fires and load them up. Breed the animal in high desert during the day and transport after breeding back to temperate. Load the fires get them to 10% and load the troughs and that's the way I've found that works for me. I've only done elephants so far but it seems giraffes and rhinos are near identical biome and heat wise from the mating testing I've done.

I've updated gamepedia elephant section breeding with the temperature information.

Edited by shoestatus@gmail.com
  • Thanks 1