So I spent hours searching and trying to figure out how to override crafting costs so that my small group of friends and I could play and build ships without having to spend days trying to get all the materials together.  I put together a really quick reply on someone else's post about how to do it once I figured it out, so I thought I'd leave it in its own topic to help other people out.

This goes in:

• (YourServerLocation)\ShooterGame\Saved\(ServerName)\Config\WindowsServer(or LinuxServer)\Game.ini

It should look something like this:

[/script/shootergame.shootergamemode]

(Other Game.ini Settings)

ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemShip_Plank_Wood_Medium_C",BaseCraftingResourceRequirements=((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Fibers_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=1.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Metal_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=1.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Thatch_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=1.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Wood_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=1.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)))

The above example would make the Medium Planks cost 1 Fiber, 1 Metal, 1 Thatch, 1 Wood.  You can find the ItemIDs here: 
https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Item_IDs

You MUST append the _C at the end of the ItemID for both the Crafted item and the resources.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quick breakdown of the above information and how to customize

(Values are default except for ones that are in bold and ALL resources required for a craft HAVE to have a line included, even if you leave the value as default)

Change the ItemClassString="PrimalItemShip_Plank_Wood_Medium_C" to the item you want to set custom crafting requirements for.  To change the Small Plank costs instead of the Medium Plank costs,  you would replace the ItemID after ItemClassString=. You would also need to remove the Metal requirement because the Small Plank doesn't use metal.  Example:

• ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemShip_Plank_Wood_Small_C",BaseCraftingResourceRequirements=((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Fibers_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=50.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Thatch_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=60.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Wood_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=65.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)))

If you wanted to change the Thatch cost for the Medium Plank,  you would change the *.0 to a number of your choice.  Example:

• ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemShip_Plank_Wood_Medium_C",BaseCraftingResourceRequirements=((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Fibers_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=408.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Metal_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=6.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Thatch_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=280.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Wood_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=432.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)))

If you wanted to change Thatch to requiring the Root type of Thatch only, you would change the BASE to Root as displayed in ItemIDs AND you would change the boolean value to true.  Example:

• ConfigOverrideItemCraftingCosts=(ItemClassString="PrimalItemShip_Plank_Wood_Medium_C",BaseCraftingResourceRequirements=((ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Fibers_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=408.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Metal_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=6.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Thatch_Root_C",BaseResourceRequirement=360.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=true),(ResourceItemTypeString="PrimalItemResource_Wood_BASE_C",BaseResourceRequirement=432.0,bCraftingRequireExactResourceType=false)))

Enjoy custom crafting costs!  Be safe on your voyage!!

Edited by Exodious
  • Like 1

Hey Exodious,

I tried this, but when I destroy the structure I changed crafting costs for, it will give back the original resources.

So I changed a stone wall to coast 1 fiber. Worked fine, I could craft it.
But when I destroy it, it gives back stone, wood, fiber, ...
This can be used for exploiting of course.

Can somebody confirm this or is this just my wired ATLAS?

That means that destroying calls a different script telling the game which materials to give back to the user instead of using the script for crafting the item.  Unfortunately I don't know how to fix that problem, but I will say that it doesn't give ALL the materials back.  So while some might exploit it, if you were to reduce the crafting cost to around 50% instead of just 1 then it won't be a huge problem.  Sorry for the late response.

bonjour j'essaie de modifier le métier de son de plus, mais il est beau de le mettre en jeu dans les jeux in nitrado je craft ne change absolument pas de pouvoir vous aider 

Edited by MR_BIDASS_1ER

Do you known if your able to do this to ship structures? I want to reduce the gold cost

Edited by Lukeg1109