Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Patch notes change to stealing claims

The latest patch notes say -   PVE Territory can only be claimed if the owner has not been active around the territory within the last 3 days

I don't understand what the devs are going for here.   If a player has to be away from the game for 3 days, they lose their claim?    No vacations allowed?

They did say earlier that the idea wasn't to make a claim and then just stay on it.  They want everyone out exploring and traveling.  So if I make a claim, then go out sailing and exploring and don't get back to my claim for 3 days and "be active" (whatever that means), the claim can be stolen?

Maybe make sure you have a bed at the claim territory before you head out exploring, then if your gone away from claim for more than a couple days you can teleport back and keep it active?  Just a thought.

Would be kinda cool if they'd allow some kind of visual indicator on which claim has been inactive for 3 days or more.

Edited by Reapshavoc

just be aware , now its dragging alot of mobs onto your claim, to make them destroy your houses to get in, so yay 

And its "can" be claimed after 3 days, not will disappear.

And yes, if you are playing solo, its a lot harder, with even 1 friend that gives you 3 days each, even if not a friend, just someone that wants to share the load and benefits.

Though with the lack of available claims it would be rare if your claim stuck around after 3 days.    3 days just isn't enough for anyone with even the smallest bit of a life.

1.  Family vacations - 1-2 weeks

2.  Business trips

3.  Extended power outages

4. Injury/illness/surgery, etc.

I could probably come up with at least 6 or 7 more reasonable things that would keep someone out of the game for 3 days.

This is a hard enough game to start if you're not a dedicated player.  (Meaning you're a grownup who gets a lot of interruptions in their playtime)  With the decay, and the vitamin thing,  it's like being the guy in the circus who spins 15 plates on top of long poles sometimes.  A short claim delay makes it impossible.

You should be able to upgrade claim flags so they take longer to be claimable by another player. Like in Ark where a stone base would have a longer decay time then a wood base. In ark of you had a metal base you could leave for a couple weeks if you had to and be fine. Would be nice if the same structure was implemented here so people can travel for longer than 3 days, and not have to worry.

Edited by CountCocoPuf
Change of wording
  • Like 1

You should also not abuse the system of claiming by putting 20 flags on the island you're on to block people from settling in 😉

• Like 4

Though Atlas is much less forgiving, The dev's whom made Ark had the mindset of the same. Depending on your build type, Thatch, Wood, Stone, Metal. It would only allow you to be away from the game for so long.

Currently, The 3 days is no different then building a base out of thatch in Ark. And in my opinion that's not good enough for people who build large bases or invest a bunch of time. Advancing in the game should allow your claimed area to be yours for longer periods.

Building a wall, base or pillars around your area in metal within Ark would mean you could secure your land for 12 or so days.

Making it only 3 days makes for a solo person to never really be gone very long. Forcing you to have at least one friend to share the land.

But who am I kidding anyway, Most people playing now can't even find empty land.

• Like 2

Did this change go live? I just logged in and I got the stealing msg. I went to the flag and found ours pretty much at the lowest point and the enemy flag had a countdown left of 4 minutes..

This is Pve 🙂

34 minutes ago, Sinate said:

Did this change go live? I just logged in and I got the stealing msg. I went to the flag and found ours pretty much at the lowest point and the enemy flag had a countdown left of 4 minutes..

This is Pve 🙂

Seems to be only if you have a structure on that territory. On our small island there are 8 companies already, I managed to put some flags down to preserve some resources... but since days now the island is barren.. I have not seen a tree in hours.. but still people are complaining about the flags and constantly contesting... I could remove them all and another 8 companies build here then there will be no resources ever...

Not a fun situation...

Edited by Sinate
  • Like 1

even if you are sleeping you contest.  So if you log out in your base it should be fine unless you die.

Don't think its working as intended. Woke up in my base to my Territory being contested. Went outside and yelled at the person and they pulled their flag and ran off. 

Guess the point is - team up.
A team of 10 ppl and all are unavailable for 3 days? 

But yea, I agree, I hated the 14 days in ark, already that was insane.
But almost all server will handle stuff like that,

because  that's the real "performance" / "you're taking away the place of other players"

Not sure this is working properly... People keep attempting to steal out claims today (after the patch) but there are some spots where we can and cannot attempt to steal others calims (Tried for science)