Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Megas/big companies only have themselves to blame

They really brought it on themselves. You want to be a mega or a big company? Guess what, you just got some responsibility added to you. As a mega or a big company you shouldn’t even be raiding anyone. And I mean never raiding whatsoever. You are the peace keepers now. You are the government. 

Just like the world powers, it’s your job to sit there and intervene if the smaller groups are getting attacked by bigger groups. The Megas should be the trading companies and economy builders. Never raiders.

here is where the blame is placed on you. Megas haven’t learned their place yet. Go ahead tell me I’m wrong. There are now raid windows because of you. Bosses have been nerfed because of you. If you knew your place none of these changes would have had to be made. Don’t blame the small companies because you only have yourselves to blame. 

You don’t like easy mode? Don’t be the cause of it(yeah you are). You want to be able to raid whenever you want? Don’t be in a mega/big company.

the one reason and only reason I don’t mind that Megas are still around is that they will single handedly cause this game to be so easy that even a casual player that only plays a few hours a day can get everything in game. They will try to blame the little guy but in all reality they only have them selves to blame.

they will learn the place eventually or this game will become what the casuals want it to be. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong. It’s already happening.

Edited by Realist
  • Like 1

Zerg are the poison of Atlas. Especially French and Spanish- they are all connected between themselves on EU, it can easily fit 200 players. How are small companies to fight and resist those bastards.

• Like 2

Lol 😄 ofc this post comes from someone who doesn´t play the game. Raid windows because of megas. Game is for casual players because of megas 😄 man just stop, you lack experience. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Realist said:

They really brought it on themselves. You want to be a mega or a big company? Guess what, you just got some responsibility added to you. As a mega or a big company you shouldn’t even be raiding anyone. And I mean never raiding whatsoever. You are the peace keepers now. You are the government. 

Just like the world powers, it’s your job to sit there and intervene if the smaller groups are getting attacked by bigger groups. The Megas should be the trading companies and economy builders. Never raiders.

here is where the blame is placed on you. Megas haven’t learned their place yet. Go ahead tell me I’m wrong. There are now raid windows because of you. Bosses have been nerfed because of you. If you knew your place none of these changes would have had to be made. Don’t blame the small companies because you only have yourselves to blame. 

You don’t like easy mode? Don’t be the cause of it(yeah you are). You want to be able to raid whenever you want? Don’t be in a mega/big company.

the one reason and only reason I don’t mind that Megas are still around is that they will single handedly cause this game to be so easy that even a casual player that only plays a few hours a day can get everything in game. They will try to blame the little guy but in all reality they only have them selves to blame.

they will learn the place eventually or this game will become what the casuals want it to be. Go ahead and tell me I am wrong. It’s already happening.

im in a two person company and your post makes my eyes bleed you don't have the right to tell anybody how to play. my friend is in a mega company and they only attack other mega companies so you need to relax my friends mega company doesn't go after small companies its not worth it to them and he has big allies and they don't as well.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

im in a two person company and your post makes my eyes bleed you don't have the right to tell anybody how to play. my friend is in a mega company and they only attack other mega companies so you need to relax my friends mega company doesn't go after small companies its not worth it to them and he has big allies and they don't as well.

I agree that players don't have the right to tell each other how to play as long as they are staying within the game's Code of Conduct etc, but if you think no megas go after smaller companies, then I have some questions for you:

Do they have a post office in your world?

Local government?

Or is everything just run by the pink elephants?

Your friend's mega may not go after smaller companies, but this is nowhere close to universally true. In fact I would wager heavily that it's closer to the opposite. Most megas in a competitive environment will go after low hanging fruit, that is just the nature of competition for finite resources. By the same token that Realist doesn't have the right to tell others how to play, you don't get to piss on our legs and try to tell us it's raining. Your friend's mega may not target smaller fish, but that would make them more the exception than the rule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Realist said:

I think this is an oversimplification of something that has multiple factors affecting it. If it's incumbent on megas to be the peacekeepers and never raid, we can pretty much count on that never happening. It would just run counter to why the vast majority of pvp players even play. Pretty sure almost no one got excited about Atlas and signed on for EA because they thought it was a diplomacy sim. I can just see the marketing slogans now:

Sit through hours of complex multi party negotiations delineating breathtaking territorial and travel rights treaties!

Threaten small guilds with the gaming equivalent of a time out if they don't play nice with each other!

Become the school yard cop, using your muscle to keep bullies in line preemptively!

Enjoy the adrenalin rush of slow incremental progress toward hegemony and peaceful cooperative play!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

I think this is an oversimplification of something that has multiple factors affecting it. If it's incumbent on megas to be the peacekeepers and never raid, we can pretty much count on that never happening. It would just run counter to why the vast majority of pvp players even play. Pretty sure almost no one got excited about Atlas and signed on for EA because they thought it was a diplomacy sim. I can just see the marketing slogans now:

Sit through hours of complex multi party negotiations delineating breathtaking territorial and travel rights treaties!

Threaten small guilds with the gaming equivalent of a time out if they don't play nice with each other!

Become the school yard cop, using your muscle to keep bullies in line preemptively!

Enjoy the adrenalin rush of slow incremental progress toward hegemony and peaceful cooperative play!

Yes it was an over simplification lol. You know me, I have to through the intensity in there.

just took a real world approach on things. You don’t see the world powers going around conquering other countries. They govern the world.

but yeah I totally get it. This is a game and players are who they are. Just taking away any justification they try to have. 

Plus I have seen people on here from big and small tribes and it does seem pretty universal that everyone wants government and economy in the game. The thing is if they Megas don’t go by the rules are at least step up, I would say that yes they can blame themselves for that as well.

i wouldn’t tell anybody how to play. I really never would. They just need to know where the blame is placed when things change to a way they don’t want it to be.

1 hour ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

I wasn’t telling them how to play. Just letting them know they are the reason for it. Actions have consequences. Like I said I am fine then them staying and making the game easier for the smaller companies. They just need to know that they caused it

just a little insight...

we raided 2 small companies cuz they destroyed our spawns on an island for a certain resource to farm... we were there first but did not claim the island cuz not worth it to defend... we were ok that the small company claimed the island till they got aggressive... we wiped them one week later and now they cry why a large company raided them...

10 minutes ago, Wichtelman said:

just a little insight...

we raided 2 small companies cuz they destroyed our spawns on an island for a certain resource to farm... we were there first but did not claim the island cuz not worth it to defend... we were ok that the small company claimed the island till they got aggressive... we wiped them one week later and now they cry why a large company raided them...

Were they online?

yes... they were in alliance and the other small company came to help with 2 schooner vs our armored battle brigs... i think it took about 60 min till it was over on both islands and most time was probably spent to loot their stuff...

36 minutes ago, Wichtelman said:

yes... they were in alliance and the other small company came to help with 2 schooner vs our armored battle brigs... i think it took about 60 min till it was over on both islands and most time was probably spent to loot their stuff...

Sounds like some good pvp. Congrats on that. 

You did it while they were online and it sounds like they were asking for it so kudos to you