Sign in to follow this  
Pollapiedrix

Mythical shipyard

How affects this blueprint in the ships being built?

I heard if its mythical it can raise the level to the ship until 61, but how then affects the quality% of the shipyard?

Thx

Shipyard quality now affects how many levels a ship can earn after it is built. As far as specifics, you know as much as anyone else this early in the process.

i was hoping 52 x ship quality, but who knows. Considering how big is the grind now to level up after 30 it will take some time untill we can figure this out. I like how they solved the infinite run improved ship problem btw.

I was assuming it worked similar to other bps.

so we know max  lvl is what? 41? so if the bp has 115% i would assume that bumps your ships to a max of 47.15 levels? thats not taking into account intelligence buffs which may boost it to 50+lvls?

I recently built a legendary large ship yard, and the galleon I built from it has a quality of 123%. I have no idea what that means, and I likely won’t find out anytime soon, as the galleon is strictly an A-to-B ship.

I do want to build a brig for Ship of the Damned hunting though. That one may see higher levels sooner.

123% i would expect a max lvl of 50.43. unless you got any added crafting skill bonus.

I thought it was based off of the durability of the shipyard and they directly translated to max ship levels. 

3 hours ago, Nokim said:

I was assuming it worked similar to other bps.

so we know max  lvl is what? 41? so if the bp has 115% i would assume that bumps your ships to a max of 47.15 levels? thats not taking into account intelligence buffs which may boost it to 50+lvls?

Unless they changed it back and i missed it in the patch notes, max level for ships has been 52 for a while.

Edited by znasser

Max ship level on release was 42.  They bumped it up to 52 at one point.  It stayed there until PTR when they introduced shipyard's impacting max levels on ships.  Ships built using standard ship yards in PTR had a max level of 42.  I found this out the hard way and ended up with an overweight brig that was not fast enough in small shoot and scoot engagements.  AFAIK its like this in 1.5.  Default max ship level is 42.  If you wish to go higher you need to build a blue printed shipyard.  How the BP affects max levels is what is up in the air now. 

5 hours ago, Salty Del said:

I recently built a legendary large ship yard, and the galleon I built from it has a quality of 123%. I have no idea what that means, and I likely won’t find out anytime soon, as the galleon is strictly an A-to-B ship.

I do want to build a brig for Ship of the Damned hunting though. That one may see higher levels sooner.

The duravility definently affects it then, my mythical boatyard gives 155% quality when you inspect the boats, the boatyard is 165% durability.

I kind of think this is a perfect example of why the game is struggling. This is basic information that should be readily available on the wiki or somewhere and should be explained by the developer not not left to back of napkin mathematics by fans who ultimately end up contradicting each other and not providing a definitive answer, not to mention having to sift through forums to find the relevant conversation.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jawa said:

I kind of think this is a perfect example of why the game is struggling. This is basic information that should be readily available on the wiki or somewhere and should be explained by the developer not not left to back of napkin mathematics by fans who ultimately end up contradicting each other and not providing a definitive answer, not to mention having to sift through forums to find the relevant conversation.

You are not wrong sir. Not by a longshot.

21 minutes ago, Jawa said:

Can't emphasize this enough. 

Tooltips/Infocards are in game for a reason. They need to use them for their intended purpose, not just useless flavor text... This goes for EVERYTHING in game from skills to stats and everything in between.

• Like 1

so far i have noticed that every 10% ship quality (not ship yard quality) gives +1 extra level and it rounds up (15% = +2). As for shipyards itself i have no idea the calculation that is trasfered from shipyard to ship quality. We have 180-190% quality ship yard (do not remember exactly now) but it produces quality 170% ships and our cap is level 48. Previous ships that were made from 110% ship yard with ship quality 105% had level cap 42. But it is just my own observation.

Another datapoint -

192% quality shipyard blueprint boosted to 194% (with a really bad int roll) resulted in 174% quality ships that apparently top out at level 49, so that jives with Zeroenergy's comment on level formula above.

How they calculate a ship quality of 174% from a shipyard quality of 194% is beyond me, however.

You get a Level 52 ship with a 225% durability shipyard. The ship Quality is 200% then. But be Aware that the shipyard Needs to be fully repaired before making the scelleton

This shit is just getting way too complicated and is now even more of a grind?

So a 200% mythical shipyard doesnt max things, now (based on maths by players bc devs cant be asked to explain thier shit) you need a 225% when a month ago it was 200?