Hattrix

Abandoned ship will despawn .... when?

My friend joined my company but forgot to scuttle his sloop ... now it's sitting in our bay and no one can board it. Will it just disappear at some point? Will it become destroyable at some point?

Dont hope so. This means, when i am returning from holiday, my solos built ship has vanished with all of my stuff and animals.

dont automatic destroy ships!

On 4/21/2019 at 7:30 PM, jabnlab said:

Should dissapear after 10 days of inactivity

Sure? We have a sloop in our harbour blocking everything. We could demolish their base, because inactivity, but sloop still their. Could be possible, that they stay on another island and dont care about their ship.

Dont know how it works now.

• Like 1

The sloop in my situation is owned by no one since the builder, my friend, joined my company. I really hope it gets to be destroyable since the storage box on it contains a few resources we can use. 

From the way the patch notes read, the ships should have a decay timer, the only way for to refresh the decay timer is by the owner or company member rendering the ship within said amount of time during the decay process.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:47 AM, Koenemeloen said:

Dont hope so. This means, when i am returning from holiday, my solos built ship has vanished with all of my stuff and animals.

dont automatic destroy ships!

Ships simply must have a decay timer. Must.

• Like 1

an option would be to have a demolish timer just like a box. after a period, anyone can demolish. not necessary auto destroy. an other option is not destroyable when docked in owners shipyard.

The sloop is still in our bay. It's not owned by any company since the company that built it (1 guy)  left that company to join mine. I think we're coming up on 10 days soon. I hope it's gone by Monday. 

Does this mean, ships automaticly vanisch after a time?...

i’m a solo player, so, when I’m back from holiday, my ship will be gone?...

that will be a show stopper!

I thought the ship decay is 3 weeks if the owner has not been in render range. It is certainly not 10 days. One tenant near me left when NA PvE was coming up, and 2 days ago their 10 day timer on structures expired and was demolishable, but their sloop is still there. As 1.5 didn't drop 3 weeks ago and if someone's ship has disappeared due to timer expiring then maybe it is 2 weeks.

Any word on the time line for this?  There is 3 Sloops floating in our bay from companies that left for NA-PvE and they are all coming up on 2 weeks inactive in the next day or so.

14 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

Any word on the time line for this?  There is 3 Sloops floating in our bay from companies that left for NA-PvE and they are all coming up on 2 weeks inactive in the next day or so.

Yes it's confirmed to be 14 days.

My raft that got stuck I abandoned and left on purpose to test decay time, disappeared after 14 days. I saw Jat also confirm it on Reddit. So those 3 Sloops should disappear in the next day or so.

Not sure I believe that. There is a sloop that has been sat next to our dock pretty much since a day or 2 after 1.5 launched. Its still there now and Ive not see anyone near it

1 hour ago, AntonyVW said:

Not sure I believe that. There is a sloop that has been sat next to our dock pretty much since a day or 2 after 1.5 launched. Its still there now and Ive not see anyone near it

they only have to be in render range for a millisec. The timer will refresh. 

1 hour ago, AntonyVW said:

Well it's been confirmed. Jat confirmed it himself, and also my two examples can't be explained any other way. My raft was abandoned 2 weeks ago and after 14 days my log said it was removed and I checked the map and it was gone. Not once did I go in render range in those 2 weeks.

The sloop near me, the owners left for NA PvE. Their structures hit the 10 day mark and got demolished, then 4 days later the sloop vanished.

For your situation if anyone has been in range to render it then timer resets. Also, if the owner has a bed on it and they have a base elsewhere, all they would need to do is fast travel to the bed and back again, meaning you'd not see any signs of life.

9 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well it's been confirmed. Jat confirmed it himself, and also my two examples can't be explained any other way. My raft was abandoned 2 weeks ago and after 14 days my log said it was removed and I checked the map and it was gone. Not once did I go in render range in those 2 weeks.

The sloop near me, the owners left for NA PvE. Their structures hit the 10 day mark and got demolished, then 4 days later the sloop vanished.

For your situation if anyone has been in range to render it then timer resets. Also, if the owner has a bed on it and they have a base elsewhere, all they would need to do is fast travel to the bed and back again, meaning you'd not see any signs of life.

Im not doubting what you have said. Just that the one by us is still there with no reason for it.