Sign in to follow this  
Sulfurblade

Mega's PvE PvP blah blah blah

Forgive the Title I am a bit frustrated.

I am sick of the new generation of gamer that think there either needs to be total death and destruction all the time or complete safety all the time!!!!!

The Years of Crap MMORPG's like WoW and others have trained this Garbage mindset into people.  We don't need PvE servers they don't freaking make sense!

How does Tax on a PvE server make sense it doesn't "So they make it additive" And this confuses people to think its that way on PvP when its not!!!  Because lets face it tax on PvE Makes no sense!!!  For that matter Claims on PvE makes no sense for that matter this game in a PvP environment makes no sense!!!

Now lets flip the page!  Death for the Sake of Death makes no sense either, shooting people because they moved or because they were their is about as intelligent and thought provoking as PvE....

What we really need is Colonies done right!  Guilds with a small cap limit, like say 10, actual neutral Taging that works!! And a limit on ally's.  Islands being broken up into Hex's or Quarters or Eighth's.  A Reputation and Law and Order system.  A player Vendor system that works.  A Safe bank in the Free Port with Limited Slots and unlimited weight, you want to horde Iron in it okay or your Gold, go ahead, but you only have say 5 slots so choose that stack-able resource wisely!!!  A Harbor in the free port where you can safely store 1 ship and only 1 ship at a daily gold rate that automatically deducts from your bank, no money in back the ship is repo'ed!  

Government,  Free Ports would also be a place to vote for 

Mayors of the Free Port

Governors of Lawful Zones (Lawless changed to Lawful with actual NPC Guards and NPC Military vessels Enforcing Peace)

---  A single Player could purchase a small parcel of Land in any of the Lawful zones this would give him voting rights in THAT location only!

Factions, Guilds could bend the knee to factions.  And becoming part of said faction, would make anyone else inside of that faction a friendly!  And any killing / stealing / destruction would be a severe violation of law (Which would feed back into the Reputation and Law and Order system)

Letters of Marque- Grant-able bye Mayors of Free Ports, allowing the guild to sink and kill people who are Part of the Faction it targets!

War Declaration's - Costly declaration of war allowing a guild to go to war with another and as such the combat is legal and again not a violation of the Legal System.

More interesting crafting, you use Metal, or Copper or Cobalt or Iron or Silver to make that Plank then you get, 

Metal = Normal no modifier

Copper = Better Carrying Capacity 

Cobalt = More Durability

Iron = More Resistance

Silver = Better Endurance

You can do that same thing with wood!

And the same thing with Fiber and Thatch!

Put these different resources in realistic different places!  No Hap Hazardly scattered across the map....

Metal = FreePorts

Copper = Tropics

Iron = Temperate

Silver = Desert

Cobalt = Arctic

and of course do this same thing with Wood/Thatch/Berries/Vegtables/etc...

The Removal of Ships of the Damned from Most of the zones on the map and put into Zones like the Golden Age Zone's etc to create scary NPC filled water for those who want PvE...

You could do all of this and so much more and actually make a game worth playing, instead of Rust on the Water!!!

15 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Forgive the Title I am a bit frustrated.

I am sick of the new generation of gamer that think there either needs to be total death and destruction all the time or complete safety all the time!!!!!

The Years of Crap MMORPG's like WoW and others have trained this Garbage mindset into people.  We don't need PvE servers they don't freaking make sense!

How does Tax on a PvE server make sense it doesn't "So they make it additive" And this confuses people to think its that way on PvP when its not!!!  Because lets face it tax on PvE Makes no sense!!!  For that matter Claims on PvE makes no sense for that matter this game in a PvP environment makes no sense!!!

Now lets flip the page!  Death for the Sake of Death makes no sense either, shooting people because they moved or because they were their is about as intelligent and thought provoking as PvE....

What we really need is Colonies done right!  Guilds with a small cap limit, like say 10, actual neutral Taging that works!! And a limit on ally's.  Islands being broken up into Hex's or Quarters or Eighth's.  A Reputation and Law and Order system.  A player Vendor system that works.  A Safe bank in the Free Port with Limited Slots and unlimited weight, you want to horde Iron in it okay or your Gold, go ahead, but you only have say 5 slots so choose that stack-able resource wisely!!!  A Harbor in the free port where you can safely store 1 ship and only 1 ship at a daily gold rate that automatically deducts from your bank, no money in back the ship is repo'ed!  

Government,  Free Ports would also be a place to vote for 

Mayors of the Free Port

Governors of Lawful Zones (Lawless changed to Lawful with actual NPC Guards and NPC Military vessels Enforcing Peace)

---  A single Player could purchase a small parcel of Land in any of the Lawful zones this would give him voting rights in THAT location only!

Factions, Guilds could bend the knee to factions.  And becoming part of said faction, would make anyone else inside of that faction a friendly!  And any killing / stealing / destruction would be a severe violation of law (Which would feed back into the Reputation and Law and Order system)

Letters of Marque- Grant-able bye Mayors of Free Ports, allowing the guild to sink and kill people who are Part of the Faction it targets!

War Declaration's - Costly declaration of war allowing a guild to go to war with another and as such the combat is legal and again not a violation of the Legal System.

More interesting crafting, you use Metal, or Copper or Cobalt or Iron or Silver to make that Plank then you get, 

Metal = Normal no modifier

Copper = Better Carrying Capacity 

Cobalt = More Durability

Iron = More Resistance

Silver = Better Endurance

You can do that same thing with wood!

And the same thing with Fiber and Thatch!

Put these different resources in realistic different places!  No Hap Hazardly scattered across the map....

Metal = FreePorts

Copper = Tropics

Iron = Temperate

Silver = Desert

Cobalt = Arctic

and of course do this same thing with Wood/Thatch/Berries/Vegtables/etc...

The Removal of Ships of the Damned from Most of the zones on the map and put into Zones like the Golden Age Zone's etc to create scary NPC filled water for those who want PvE...

You could do all of this and so much more and actually make a game worth playing, instead of Rust on the Water!!!

I said it before and I’ll say it again. Regardless is people disagree or not, I don’t believe that survival and mmo mix.

the only way all of that would work would be to completely get rid of the survival aspect of the game which I am all for.

no more drinking, eating, vitamins. Nothing. Just a way to heal yourself when your health gets low.

i would never see anyone focused on government when they are still worrying about getting their base own out or starving to death.

some of your ideas are pretty good but they would only be good with completely getting rid of the survival aspect of the game. I do hope they get rid of the up keep survival pretty soon. Less time trying to eat and drink is more time questing or doing the above you mentioned.

the only problem with the government system isn’t the devs, it’s the players. The type of players that play this game will always have a rust/ark mindset. The government idea will never happen with this playerbase. Even if they devs try to force it.

which they could very well force it by completely changing the game and make choosing positions in a government a mandatory mechanic. Which would take away from the sandbox part which I am also fine with.

less freedom and more structure would be good for the game

• Like 2