Sign in to follow this  
Poot Pootington

Can you put a diving rig on a ramshackle sloop?

I believe that the smallest ship you can put the diving platform or dinghy dock on is the schooner. Mentally picturing one on a sloop, all I can see is the sloop capsizing.

I have used a diving platform on a sloop before, not sure if it is still possible. It was used to build a harbor with docks which needed 20+ pillars deep every few meters. The small sloop was handy for navigating through small spaces because of all the ships, rocks etc.

Edited by Roadster
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Salty Del said:

I believe that the smallest ship you can put the diving platform or dinghy dock on is the schooner. Mentally picturing one on a sloop, all I can see is the sloop capsizing.

*Capsizes Del*

• Haha 1

before the megaupdate - i say yes, but now i haven`t tested it and i have one on a schooner.

Yes, I had one on my ramshackle before the noob ship changes. With the weight changes though I am not sure I would now. Even with levels it moved like a snail now, and it was not a speed demon before. I still need to test the ramshackle, but it will be exceedingly slow with or without the diving attachment. If you can make a diving attachment, you have access to a smithy, just make the parts for a normal sloop. you will be glad you did. They nerfed the ramshackle, it is useless now. It would be lucky to outrun anything. With their noob ship changes, Grapeshot has made all the noob ships worthless.

22 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Yes, I had one on my ramshackle before the noob ship changes. With the weight changes though I am not sure I would now. Even with levels it moved like a snail now, and it was not a speed demon before. I still need to test the ramshackle, but it will be exceedingly slow with or without the diving attachment. If you can make a diving attachment, you have access to a smithy, just make the parts for a normal sloop. you will be glad you did. They nerfed the ramshackle, it is useless now. It would be lucky to outrun anything. With their noob ship changes, Grapeshot has made all the noob ships worthless.

which is kind if the point the start sloop isnt meant to be anything but that a ship to get u out of freeport , imo should never have been an option the raft should have been the only option at freeports 

2 hours ago, UDO said:

which is kind if the point the start sloop isnt meant to be anything but that a ship to get u out of freeport , imo should never have been an option the raft should have been the only option at freeports 

I disagree with that. Solo, small companies and new players to the game had great options for starting out with the old ramshackle. Now they will have a much harder time starting out, playing, or recovering from being wiped. The starter ships should be viable. They were not a "threat" to real ships nor taking their place in anything. There is and was literally no reason to change it. All changing it has done is make the new player experience and the solo/small company player experience a lot more awful. These types of changes drive players away. It would be different if the game had this mass of noob ships ripping the game apart balance wise and taking the role of other ships. but that is not happening. The old ramshackle was a terrible version of a real sloop. They could have buffed the raft to its current levels and still not have messed with the sloop. The only reason they did this is to make players try and take the raft. Which STILL sucks. The ramshackle with its weight and speed limits is a snail on the water, cant out run anything. Useless. These changes are an especially big deal on the PvP server. 

1 hour ago, SIEGEGUN said:

I disagree with that. Solo, small companies and new players to the game had great options for starting out with the old ramshackle. Now they will have a much harder time starting out, playing, or recovering from being wiped. The starter ships should be viable. They were not a "threat" to real ships nor taking their place in anything. There is and was literally no reason to change it. All changing it has done is make the new player experience and the solo/small company player experience a lot more awful. These types of changes drive players away. It would be different if the game had this mass of noob ships ripping the game apart balance wise and taking the role of other ships. but that is not happening. The old ramshackle was a terrible version of a real sloop. They could have buffed the raft to its current levels and still not have messed with the sloop. The only reason they did this is to make players try and take the raft. Which STILL sucks. The ramshackle with its weight and speed limits is a snail on the water, cant out run anything. Useless. These changes are an especially big deal on the PvP server. 

how does it , u sail away from freeport get to island start building your new and better ships , it isnt meant as a boat u keep in any shape of form , once again too many players dont want to work towards goals they want everything handed to them with little to no effort ....

1 hour ago, UDO said:

how does it , u sail away from freeport get to island start building your new and better ships , it isnt meant as a boat u keep in any shape of form , once again too many players dont want to work towards goals they want everything handed to them with little to no effort ....

Who ever said anyone wanted to keep it? Or make it compete with a real ship? It does not. In any way shape or form. What it does do is give a new player or a player having to punch trees again have something viable to actually DO things to get back up. Now your insinuating because people want the ramshackle to be able to actually do something they want stuff for free? The ramshackle is hardly handing anything "free" out lol. Your statement is silly. Just because people want the ship to be able to actually work for them does not equate to "wanting everything free with no work or goals". If they were complaining they couldn't buy a real ship I'd agree with the handing free stuff out statement. But they are not. They are asking for a ship which is literally the weakest slowest ship in the game, which was heavily nerfed, to be able to actually do something. 

9 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Who ever said anyone wanted to keep it? Or make it compete with a real ship? It does not. In any way shape or form. What it does do is give a new player or a player having to punch trees again have something viable to actually DO things to get back up. Now your insinuating because people want the ramshackle to be able to actually do something they want stuff for free? The ramshackle is hardly handing anything "free" out lol. Your statement is silly. Just because people want the ship to be able to actually work for them does not equate to "wanting everything free with no work or goals". If they were complaining they couldn't buy a real ship I'd agree with the handing free stuff out statement. But they are not. They are asking for a ship which is literally the weakest slowest ship in the game, which was heavily nerfed, to be able to actually do something. 

you are contradicting yourself , why does it need to be anything but a transport to get out of freeport ? u say it doesnt need to compete yet u go on to say it needs to , when it is fulfiling what is meant to be a ship to get out of freeport with the basics of matrials to get you started where u decide to set up .the nerf was good i hope it stays like it .

Just now, UDO said:

you are contradicting yourself , why does it need to be anything but a transport to get out of freeport ? u say it doesnt need to compete yet u go on to say it needs to , when it is fulfiling what is meant to be a ship to get out of freeport with the basics of matrials to get you started where u decide to set up .the nerf was good i hope it stays like it .

I am not contradicting myself. I never said it does not need to compete. I said it does NOT compete. It is a non issue. 

For the record, yes you can. And the reason why I wanted to was to get gold for an island (PVE) from shipwrecks as fast as possible. 

Thanks!

I am so going to try this when I get home.

Picturing a sloop with a diving platform and a dinghy dock WITH a dinghy, it has to look ridiculous, if you can do it.

I will set this argument straight,it is NOT simply a means to get out of freeport.

I know  streamer group of very good players that used nothing but the Ramshackle for months.

Reason? PVP why would you spend time building something that will be destroyed quickly?So  this one streamer was very careful moving around and figured if anyone takes his sloop he can just spawn back at freeport and grab another one.His goal was to get as many points/discoveries before wasting time on anymore of the game.You have to be at a point inthe game to defend your self and your stuff,that takes a long time unless you have 20 buddies helping you,MOST people do not.

Plus as someone else already mentioned,the ship wrecks are a FAST and easy method of gold and blueprints.

Personally i loved the ramshackle,i could put 4-5 cannons on the back "all i needed"easy to steer,gets in anywhere.Yes the one drawback was weight,i put all my points into weight.What i did was start by just zipping around and gaining points,no need to stop for anything,if i die respawn in bed,continue zipping around,weight was up in no time.

if your on pve then sure,simple to make something worthwhile to ride around in but you can't forget the pvp side of the game,it changes all your decisions.

Schooners, especially with the farmhouse update, are so quick and easy to make that I really don't see where you would want a sloop over them.  Equipped with a large and small speed sail are they not the fastest ship for the cost\time to build?  Yeah I get it some PvPers want disposable ships and a schooner is pretty disposable.  Also frankly I can't imagine even being on PvP without being in a mega.  If you're just a solo company does that not mean your base would be raided every time you go offline to sleep, work, etc?

PvP has combat timers. The island owner sets a 9 hour combat window. So the island is in peace phase for 15 hours, then combat for 9 hours. 

what usually happens is you chose an island to become a tenant on based on their combat timer. Then you join the island alliance. So your ships and defences don’t kill the other occupants and vice versa. When you get attacked or anyone from the alliance gets attacked you help each other. A lot of times the landowner helps also. But occasionally the landowner doesn’t because they have to remain neutral against some groups. It’s very political in PVP. Do wrong to the wrong company and SHTF very quickly. Also you’re not always being attacked by the group who is attacking because they are carrying out a ‘Hit’. They are being paid to raid you. Like I said. Political. Very yawn. And so petty. Lawless is 24/7 PvP with no safety net other than Freeport’s. but some megas live in Freeport’s also so can’t be touched. Freeport living needs to be removed and lawless. PvP is more of a mess than PVE. And is played backwards. Those who want PvP should be on lawless and those smaller groups who need protection because of life, work and family commitments should be on private islands. 

Edited by Voromja