Sign in to follow this  
UDO

the devs have caved to pressure from megas

The question at hand is: to what megas are the devs listening to? Because I talked with several Mega-Leaders before the relaunch and all of them was actually happy about having a player cap. They named this as the main reason why they will play Colonies. Nobody likes to Micromanage several 100 players. Those I spoke with are really into PvP and all said the same: they are happy to reduce their number so they can focus on the ppl that share the same goals.

Now with the increase to 75 they all feel forced to increase to 75 or they can't compete with the others. I know at least 1 mega that is not happy about it at all.

So this makes me wonder: what megas are the Devs actually listening too? The only Mega's I came accross that rly have these insame numbers of several hundreds and seem to be botherd by it are PvE-Heroes playing on PvP. Which is allready weird. They are very clearly only there for PvE-Content judging by what they do and how bad their defeneses actually are.

So what Mega's are influences the Devs? Because they cleary don't even speak for all Mega's.

Btw - since I see this often: There is no cap on how many alliances you can have. Or if there is one - we have not reached it yet. This is since day 1 of 1.5 the case. Which makes the Limit of 5 Companys per Alliance completly useless. You can just go around it.

I think they should move the corp limit down to 50 again and leave it there, for now. Colonies is the best place to play for small corporations(Groups) on different islands. You can split in two companies and still work together as allies. We need this server to keep encouraging small companies to exist, so we can have good conflict and trade.

That is why in my opinion when companies get to big they just overrun smaller groups and break the trade system. If i had my way the corp limit would be set down to 40, that would make it so you can trade with a sister corp instead. Most large corporations have smaller groups inside them anyways and it would also make it harder for people who just want to do constant pvp to just stomp small corps.

If you are a small corp of 20 to 40 people, you would do better if you did some pvp but focus on getting better equipment, ships and tames. If you did this you would have an advantage over the players that only pvp with basic equipment. This would give more meaning to the game as a whole.

This is my opinion on the matter anyways. I do think that it will be the direction the game is moving in, since when i play i want to experience the whole game not only pvp 🙂 I do feel that the devs are good and bright people that are working hard on getting this game to appeal to people in the same mindset as me.

That is also why i need to say that you guys need to just lead go of the big corp grifters that do nothing but whine and rage. Shutting down the empire servers was the right choice and as you did see in active players on the server, no one wanted to play with the grifers on the offline raid empires servers.

Im enjoing the game a lot at the moment 🙂 Keep up the good work.

Best regards
Shepard

Why do they cave in and listen to large groups? Money that's why.

You setup a business and there's 3 groups of people outside, each damanding different things, you're gonna go with the largest group.  Everytime.  Otherwise your business will fail. Or progress very slowly.

imo

Edited by Martyn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Back Stabbath said:

Except the largest group has left the game. 

What you have left is what the devs have been catering to.

It is true that you will cater to the largest group, but it is also true that largest group were individuals and small casual tribes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gnihar said:

It is true that you will cater to the largest group, but it is also true that largest group were individuals and small casual tribes.

this although there are large companies by far the greatest amount of players are the solos and smaller companies , if the devs continually cater to the large companies ,,this game wont go anywhere , there just isn't enough content for smaller companies ,

stop catering to the large companies for the next few patches start adding solo / small company content and dungeons etc and see what happens to your player base i can assure it will most certainly grow,stop locking content behind large group content ,sort out the ruins so that even smaller companies and solo players with a bit of skill and effort can go to these areas and actually get the power stones, add alternative ways to get them , add other ways to unlock the submarines and any other end game content u have planned ,

this isn't an mmo like wow where have systems in place to search for groups so stop for a minute and think, if you are not going to change the content to suit solo ./ small companies how about sitting down and think about adding systems into the game that allow these smaller groups to find others easier ., provate im game messages , player searches etc etc start adding all the communication systems that a mmo is supposed to have 

stop trying to use your old and dated ark foundation for this game think outside the box and actually start making this game what u advertised it as a giant MMo that caters to all group sizes , there isn't another mmo on the market that excludes the solo / small companies and caters to the bloated large companies as much as you have

Edited by UDO

It is true (imo) that the single players represent the largest group overall.  But they can only represent themselves with a single voice, where as a larger group, can become a cacophony of voices, you can see that in threads as people will agree or disagree rapturous with each other.  The problem is trying to discern who is giving the right (ito) opinion.

4 hours ago, ragnar cook said:

Lots of talk about megas raiding ppl but they never say what mega.

This is because people are not talking about fact of occurance, but fact of what could happen.  Fear of the Unknown. (imo)

Edited by Martyn

Fear of the unknown that never really seems to happen. 

I remember being accused of being in a mega by a couple companies.  We looked at company numbers and found they were actually larger.  We were just better organized with more PvP players so it seemed that way.  As time went on we grew into a larger company that was a thorn in the side of a mega and they wiped us with the help of their alliance.  Good times.   Part of the game and we had a lot of fun leading up to that and it was exciting and a bit scary at the same time not knowing how things would shake out.

Lot of ignorant people not knowing what they are talking about and lot of people wanting something this game is not. 

Edited by DocHolliday

On 4/28/2019 at 9:10 AM, ragnar cook said:

Lots of talk about megas raiding ppl but they never say what mega.

Same here.

Heard so many things about those bad, bad, zerging Megas. Never seen them. At least, I´ve never seen them in such a large number, that a 20 man-company, acutally using their brains and having some skill, would have been able to defeat them. At least, defeat them for a while.

Pro Tip: An alliance of 3 20-man-companies can easily fight a 75-man-tribe.

The truth is: People in such 3-5 man-companies talk about alliance and stuff, but they dont do it. They use the alliance feature ingame, but they just use it as a chat and for trading, nothing else. If alliance members are attacked, they dont help, they keep doing their stuff. And another truth: a 20 man-tribe that gets ganked by a 50 man-tribe doesnt care about unfair balances while attacking a duo or trio. They dont ask "how many are in your company?" before they attack. They attack because they actually know that their enemy cant defeat them due to larger numbers.

But then, the 20 man-tribe comes to the forums and cries about megas. Thats so funny.

And hell, yeah: Of course, its the same old story that you´ll encounter on every game: "If smaller companies get supported, there will be so many new players"... yeah, ask yourself, why those players dont already play and join up your small companie? Because they dont fking exist.
And the small amount of players that would join  just wants to do their own stuff, playing solo, and being Jack Sparrow.

Edited by Dingiva
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:45 AM, IAmAnEasterEgg said:

I Agree They Always Will. Its how wildcard worked with the same issues. 

In there eyes as a small company/ tribe you do not have the same rights as megas or as large streamers. 

What is more funny, so many of the people getting absorbed into a zerg doesn’t even enjoy it. All the fun ina zerg is had by owner and leaders/admins, it would seem. They can build what they want, how they want, tame what they want and do what they want in a zerg.

Freedom to do what you will and when you will is an invaluable commodity for me. Sad truth though is, zerg will always rule. They can farm far more than you and they can zerg by fa rmore than you. In fact, so much so, tat they can afford naked midgets with carbines, hooks and nades  run around and just dps you and your tames over and over , while you are in full bp armor, fighting 20 on 1.

And those 2 things - resources and manpower - are only thing that matters in pvp. Skill has not much do do with any of it.

Edited by gnihar

7 hours ago, gnihar said:

What is more funny, so many of the people getting absorbed into a zerg doesn’t even enjoy it. All the fun ina zerg is had by owner and leaders/admins, it would seem. They can build what they want, how they want, tame what they want and do what they want in a zerg.

Freedom to do what you will and when you will is an invaluable commodity for me. Sad truth though is, zerg will always rule. They can farm far more than you and they can zerg by fa rmore than you. In fact, so much so, tat they can afford naked midgets with carbines, hooks and nades  run around and just dps you and your tames over and over , while you are in full bp armor, fighting 20 on 1.

And those 2 things - resources and manpower - are only thing that matters in pvp. Skill has not much do do with any of 

How many zergs have you experienced after wipe? Because "naked with nades and carbines" really doesn't work if you got your base defended with puckles. Good luck running naked against these puckles, im sure you will enjoy it. 

5 hours ago, Willard said:

How many zergs have you experienced after wipe? Because "naked with nades and carbines" really doesn't work if you got your base defended with puckles. Good luck running naked against these puckles, im sure you will enjoy it. 

Generally, I think they are a mild annoyance because it takes what 2 nades to clear one, as I am certain you already know, combined with the fact that cannons outranges it, and human targeted cannon outranges AI operated one, if a defender is inexperienced enough to set puckles within horse cannon line of sight. And once they are out, thats it. Nakeds can run free.

They will stop a naked , fair enough, if a naked is dumb enough and runs in their range and if naked is not a sick lvl with huge hp pool, but their stopping power vs plate is insufficient, and IMO should be better.

Edit: In ATLAS, passive defenses are underpowered compared to ark ones, and you rely almost exclusively on your ship/manpower and tame power for defense. And in 20v1 , or. 60 vs 6 situations , zerg can dps enemy tames 6 times the faster, and unless they are total noobs, victory is guaranteed.

Edited by gnihar

I will talk about what I witnessed so far. Our starting group of 9 were treated by a mega, we made an alliance with local small tribes an decided to fight and resist, we made several attempts with what we could sail. (we didn't succeed fighting in the sea against freaking 10 ships average), we were always outnumbered 1v2 in the best case scenario, 1v4 worst case. We always went to help the allies that lived 1 grid close, even landed with tames and helped to supply them with weapons and helping them, but that only prolonged the inevitable loss of the island, until all their games were killed and NPCs destroyed. Our player base in our tribe reached 3 ppl  online at the same time and 6 actives. We were forced to merge with other tribe of 6 because we were being attacked in other islands by nakeds with grenades or gliders thwrowing grenades, constantly being harrassed. The amount of times it drain to a group of ppl to be always protecting your stuff or kamikazes is huge. While they send 2 or 3 ppl to do that the other members of the megas prepare for the invasion.  Eventually 5 islands of the grid above us were taken. because we couldn't do much against groups of 40 ppl attacking with crabs and flame bears, we managed to kill countless crabs and bears but eventually you lose, because you can't resupply at the same speed they do. You kill 1 crab and they bring 2  more to replace it. The status at the moment is 1 grid above us of small tribes allied are completely wiped, we could merge the remaining members but only few ppl, the others left the game. Now they come for us, they started sending scouts. we made a fortification of giant walls, puckets and ballistas aiming tames, a lot of morters also for boats. Let's see how long can we hold against the mega.

• Like 1

our company isn't even really a 'mega' and we still have to be kicking players that havn't signed in because of the cap

Find out who their enemies are and inform them of their aggressive actions towards you and the other companies in the area.  The enemy of my enemy is my friend.  This game is as much about politics outside the game at times as it is about ingame content. 

Edited by DocHolliday

On 5/13/2019 at 3:23 PM, gnihar said:

Generally, I think they are a mild annoyance because it takes what 2 nades to clear one, as I am certain you already know, combined with the fact that cannons outranges it, and human targeted cannon outranges AI operated one, if a defender is inexperienced enough to set puckles within horse cannon line of sight. And once they are out, thats it. Nakeds can run free.

They will stop a naked , fair enough, if a naked is dumb enough and runs in their range and if naked is not a sick lvl with huge hp pool, but their stopping power vs plate is insufficient, and IMO should be better.

Edit: In ATLAS, passive defenses are underpowered compared to ark ones, and you rely almost exclusively on your ship/manpower and tame power for defense. And in 20v1 , or. 60 vs 6 situations , zerg can dps enemy tames 6 times the faster, and unless they are total noobs, victory is guaranteed.

Ye it takes 2 nades to destroy puckle but you need to get in range for throwing it. Second - if you have puckles high enough on ceiling, good luck with throwing grenades there. Cannon bears - ye, they outrange puckles. Thats why you have your flame bears/horses and ballistas ready with their huuuuge range while mounted by a player. 

Naked players with nades are simply not truth, especially during first 1-2 hours of siege.

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:42 PM, UDO said:
  • Company limit on PvP server has been increased to 75.

this info greatly increases the chances of me quitting 

That change is from several weeks ago.  Seems you didn't even notice it, but now you read about it and are thinking about quitting? 

Edited by DocHolliday

2 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

That change is from several weeks ago.  Seems you didn't even notice it, but now you read about it and are thinking about quitting? 

been busying getting wiped out by black butterfly i did not think any of the devs would be retarded enough to increase the cap size it should be lowered to 25

Nakeds with grenades exist, I'm one of them.  Nades work wonders and 400+ hp is all the armor I need against this games weak guns.

Then again, I'm small time, maybe the megas have moved to a post naked nade world.  I wouldnt know what they do, they mostly leave me alone because I'm not a d-bag or easy score.

Edited by DocOlds
  • Like 1

Fair point OP. 

I am a part of a much smaller group this wipe after being a part of a mega last wipe. I have enjoyed playing both styles. I believe personally that being open to a merge with a number of smaller companies from the same grid in pvp has been the best idea my company has had so far and subsequently made the game much more enjoyable. We dont constantly need to be worried about being stone aged anymore due to the fact that we have the numbers to fight back or rebuild and we have numbers required to counter raid and revenge raid if need be. I would recommend any one who feels that there is no hope playing as a smaller group or solo member open themselves up to a merger or consider atleast playing with the members from othe companies in atleast their sector to form solid relations so that you have a chance against mega companies or shit head griefers from other sectors. Check the steam forums and also the reddit for companies willing to recruit. You may not need to merge. Just hangout with them and help eachother out against people who have joined this game to soley pvp and grief smaller groups and weaker targets. 

This is just my experience and i dont speak for anyone else. Im just trying to give advice for those who choose to take it or leave it. 

Pm me if youre looking for allies or a safer place to chill. Id be happy to help anyone who needs it.

On 4/20/2019 at 4:56 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

That's the same no matter what cap. Now it will be annoying to tell the 76th guy he can't be in the company?

Ok 76th guy - There comes a time in every Soldiers life when they have to go out and meet the battlefield alone and head on, * here is you 3 of our craziest tames go conquer the world *