Sign in to follow this  
UDO

the devs have caved to pressure from megas

• Company limit on PvP server has been increased to 75.
  • Like 3

I Agree They Always Will. Its how wildcard worked with the same issues. 

In there eyes as a small company/ tribe you do not have the same rights as megas or as large streamers. 

its frustrating as they claim to be working towards helping the small / solo companys then do this , i dont understand wht they are doing to the game , mind u i dont think they know what they want this game yo be , they cant seem to make up their minds wether its a sea pirate fantasy game or ark in pirate fantasy setting 

9 hours ago, UDO said:
  • Company limit on PvP server has been increased to 75.

Limit was just annoying for megas, they still played together. They will always find a way. Stop pretending they won´t 🙂 They will create 2-3 companies and thats it. 

We are not a mega, we have about 45-55 members (not online, just members)  and it was really annoying. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

u mean annoying for megas they wanted to play with the small companys on colonies , 

the 50 limit was for a reason to stop the large companies from playing colonies and just serging the smaller ones , once again the devs backtrack on thier own statements , as the empires server was a complete failure they have done a u turn 

1 minute ago, ragnar cook said:

It was annoying to tell the 51st guy that he cudnt be in the company.

That's the same no matter what cap. Now it will be annoying to tell the 76th guy he can't be in the company?

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

8 hours ago, UDO said:

u mean annoying for megas they wanted to play with the small companys on colonies , 

the 50 limit was for a reason to stop the large companies from playing colonies and just serging the smaller ones , once again the devs backtrack on thier own statements , as the empires server was a complete failure they have done a u turn 

And where should Megas play, Empires with no population and with no offline protection? What if megas want to play with offline protection too? Most offline grief I´ve "enjoyed" pre-wipe was from smaller tribes. I myself (I don´t say it wasn´t a thing) never met an offline grief from megas. 

A lot of people in megas (most of them actually) aren´t hardcore pvprs and they do enjoy that protection just as other players. They farm, they breed, they build, they do PvE most of the time. And they like protection on Colonies. 

Edited by Willard

The annoyance was the point. 

Prior to colonies companies like ctsg had 20 companies already. With a 50 limit then might have to try and manage 50 that can't all be allied. 

Who knows, maybe they might even cop the social credit penalty and actually play against each other for a change in the new meta? We can only hope....... 

Or nah, just raise the limit I guess..... 

• Like 1

Aaaaand now the zerg are on colonies, already bullying and threatening small tribes. Awesome. 

• Sad 1

We seriously need a Real Colony server with serious limitations put on Mega's I have already had it with the colony server!  The Mega's are already making it unplayable just like they did to the Empire server!

• Like 1

My tribe of 20 was already threatened by a mega, they are demanding to give up my island or they will zerg us. Good job grapeshot...

Edited by Emanuel a
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Emanuel a said:

My tribe of 20 was already threatened by a mega, they are demanding to give up my island or they will zerg us. Good job grapeshot...

didnt think it would be long to start seeing them demanding certain islands once the empires was shut down ... now the devs just need to raise the limit a few more times to keep the megas happy , and the little guys in their place ....

we know its pvp but the colonies was designed for the smaller companies , now the empires didnt work out they are all on colonies with their 30 alliance zergs ,

get your act together devs and make a plan for this game and actually stick to it , 

Don't like it? go to private servers. Cant expect much from official. Guess you guys haven't learned your lessons from ARK officials either!

On 4/22/2019 at 2:35 AM, Emanuel a said:

There is always someone bigger and better in a PvP game. Lets say you will have a limit of 20. That means YOUR company will be the biggest and considered "zerg". What is the difference then? You won´t "bully" tribes of 2-3 people just like that mega is bullying you? Because for 2-3 people tribe you will be the same as the mega is for you. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Willard said:

There is always someone bigger and better in a PvP game. Lets say you will have a limit of 20. That means YOUR company will be the biggest and considered "zerg". What is the difference then? 

Try thinking about that question for 5 seconds and then maybe just delete it. 

1 hour ago, Smash said:

Try thinking about that question for 5 seconds and then maybe just delete it. 

No just tell me. What is the difference if 20 man company is threatened by like 70 members company and 2 man company is threatened by 20 man company? Because 20-man company doesn´t stand a chance against that mega just like 2 man tribe doesn´t stand a chance against 20-men company. 

Edit: Btw no limits can stop megas from cooperating together. It is an issue with no solution. Devs simply can´t stop companies from working together if they want. Even without alliances megas can create Mega1-10 companies which simply will work together.

Edited by Willard

Reboot empires with colonies rules, cap company limit at 25-50. Limit alliance function further or even get rid of it.

Current pvp servers will be gost towns in a week. Will the megas end up going there anyways? Yes.

But they have the numbers to zerg. Do they need in game built in advantages as well? 

Why should the devs artificially stear the majority of players towards a playstyle they dont want.

Is the playerbase growing atm? Or is it stagnant ? Decreasing?

11 hours ago, Willard said:

No just tell me. What is the difference if 20 man company is threatened by like 70 members company and 2 man company is threatened by 20 man company? Because 20-man company doesn´t stand a chance against that mega just like 2 man tribe doesn´t stand a chance against 20-men company. 

Edit: Btw no limits can stop megas from cooperating together. It is an issue with no solution. Devs simply can´t stop companies from working together if they want. Even without alliances megas can create Mega1-10 companies which simply will work together.

No is claiming that megas can't work together even with caps.  Stop using that strawman.

It's a more likely scenario to have 15-20 man companies than it is 50+ man companies, even without megas being part of the equation.  So that lower cap makes more sense.  And I have to wonder why you just assume every big fish will inherently eat the smaller fish.  It's almost like you're only able to think one way and can't comprehend that others think differently.

2 hours ago, CazzT said:

No is claiming that megas can't work together even with caps.  Stop using that strawman.

It's a more likely scenario to have 15-20 man companies than it is 50+ man companies, even without megas being part of the equation.  So that lower cap makes more sense.  And I have to wonder why you just assume every big fish will inherently eat the smaller fish.  It's almost like you're only able to think one way and can't comprehend that others think differently.

Im not assuming every big fish eats smaller. But with a cap of 20 there will be a lot of "big fishes" who will or won´t eat smaller tribes. Nothing will change. Now megas rule. After cap of 20 those 20 companies will rule with noone to "keep them in line". Im not assuming every big fish eats smaller one. Just like I don´t assume megas now eat everyone else. But everyone pretends they do. 

Its aggressive players who eat everyone else. Without megas there won´t be any less of these players. They will just split into more companies and will be aggressive again. Who falls? Small tribes again. Limits don´t solve anything. Max limit companies will always rule no matter what limit is. 

You cant stop megas from being megas, never try and police something that's bigger than you/ your company. You wont win, however you could use their size to their disadvantage, learn their members a little, ask for an invite and just get in their discord for information. 

Tell them it's a direct order from their company captain, that they dont destroy your stuff, or that they even give you something lol. 

For the most part though, just stay out of megas way, and try not to take more than you need. 

In a company of 5 or less and you want a claim? You will need to police at least 20 other players to keep it, and you can. 

Or you can just be one of the 20 other players, and build on someones claim who wants you there. 

But anyone who plans on holding some land with too few players, or knocking on the megas door without A REALLY GOOD plan to do some big damage to them will most certainly be disappointed and frustrated. 

This is still an awesome game with very dynamic forms of pvp, and even living out of lawless and freeports you can still do alot. 

3 hours ago, Mike L said:

You cant stop megas from being megas, never try and police something that's bigger than you/ your company. You wont win, however you could use their size to their disadvantage, learn their members a little, ask for an invite and just get in their discord for information. 

Tell them it's a direct order from their company captain, that they dont destroy your stuff, or that they even give you something lol. 

For the most part though, just stay out of megas way, and try not to take more than you need. 

In a company of 5 or less and you want a claim? You will need to police at least 20 other players to keep it, and you can. 

Or you can just be one of the 20 other players, and build on someones claim who wants you there. 

But anyone who plans on holding some land with too few players, or knocking on the megas door without A REALLY GOOD plan to do some big damage to them will most certainly be disappointed and frustrated. 

This is still an awesome game with very dynamic forms of pvp, and even living out of lawless and freeports you can still do alot. 

Its an awesome game with lots of work to go for sure, lots of issues with the system even as it stands. Its not attracting players at all.... More and more are moving to un official all the time, and when you ask them where have you come from? they say Official...

If the only thing that keeps the game together is megas then so be it keep them on official, and have fun.. Just dont cater to all megas, to hinder the un official servers. Which hurts the player base completely. Give enough options to change the dev kit stuff for un official and everyone will be happy.

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

Its an awesome game with lots of work to go for sure, lots of issues with the system even as it stands. Its not attracting players at all.... More and more are moving to un official all the time, and when you ask them where have you come from? they say Official...

If the only thing that keeps the game together is megas then so be it keep them on official, and have fun.. Just dont cater to all megas, to hinder the un official servers. Which hurts the player base completely. Give enough options to change the dev kit stuff for un official and everyone will be happy.

A lot of people go unofficial because of harvest/xp/gathering rates. They are wiped on official and they just don't want to rebuild on normal rates. Its just like in ARK.

23 hours ago, Willard said:

Because that's a stupid comparison. Your example doesn't even make sense. 

What about the example you left it which is what if a company of 20 is threatened by a company of 50?  Suddenly, not such a big gap is it. 

What about the company of 2 that's threatened by a company of 70? oh wait that can't happen anymore.  When you drop the maximum population of companies the small companies don't get smaller as well. If you had a company of 35 before the wipe, you still do now and you have less to worry about from the companies of hundreds.

Let's take it to its logical extreme. If you reduce the max company size to 1 and get rid of alliances then you can't have a hypothetical 1 zergs the other scenario. You could conceivably get 500 single player companies all working out of 1 discord but it would still be a nightmare to administer. You couldn't use each others boats or infrastructure, you wouldn't share logs or map data or warnings. There would be no friend or for setup making pvp much harder.  All this discourages that style of play and held the little guy who are actually the majority of players. 

1 hour ago, Smash said:

Because that's a stupid comparison. Your example doesn't even make sense. 

What about the example you left it which is what if a company of 20 is threatened by a company of 50?  Suddenly, not such a big gap is it. 

What about the company of 2 that's threatened by a company of 70? oh wait that can't happen anymore.  When you drop the maximum population of companies the small companies don't get smaller as well. If you had a company of 35 before the wipe, you still do now and you have less to worry about from the companies of hundreds.

Let's take it to its logical extreme. If you reduce the max company size to 1 and get rid of alliances then you can't have a hypothetical 1 zergs the other scenario. You could conceivably get 500 single player companies all working out of 1 discord but it would still be a nightmare to administer. You couldn't use each others boats or infrastructure, you wouldn't share logs or map data or warnings. There would be no friend or for setup making pvp much harder.  All this discourages that style of play and held the little guy who are actually the majority of players. 

Ye 1 man tribes really discourage megas playing. It actually discourages playing an mmo for everyone except those solo players 😉

You won't stop megas playing together unless you discourage the rest of population too. What limit do you want? 20? Fine, that solves nothing. Megacompanies will still play together or they split and still crush small companies. Limit of 10? Fine, lets play another game because it doesn't allow me to play with my teammates. 

There will be always a food chain in this game and solo players along with small tribes will never be on top of it, end of story. No matter what company limit they set.

If you want to play alone just go play PvE or go sneaky. If you want to play as a 3-5 member company go sneaky.

Or you can do some politics and merge with someone like others did. How do you think Megas was created? 

Edited by Willard