Sign in to follow this  
ButtPirate

Taxes

If players are not taxed then what is the point with setting a tax rate, every claim owner should set this max. Why wouldn't they?

seems like another stupid mechanic added to the game that does nothing.

1 hour ago, ButtPirate said:

If players are not taxed then what is the point with setting a tax rate, every claim owner should set this max. Why wouldn't they?

seems like another stupid mechanic added to the game that does nothing.

Nope. If people want more people they will lower taxes

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Realist said:

doesn't matter if taxes are 0 or 30% the players don't pay it. If I hit a tree I get 30 wood on a settlement with 0 taxes if I hit a tree I get 30 wood on a settlement with 30% taxes. So it doesn't effect anyone building on an island.

3 hours ago, Realist said:

In PvE they changed it so that taxes are additive only. In PvP players still pay taxes out of their resource gathering though.

Most owners might as well set it to max in PvE now, but some don't because they may not realise the change. Also there are a lot of players in the game that still don't know that this changed and are convinced they are paying taxes because they don't pay attention to the game and patch notes.

In PvE it is more like a commission now. I don't agree with the OP that it's another stupid mechanic though, I mean does it hurt anyone at all? No, so why make another  butt hurt (pun intended) topic on something that has no impact on anyone ingame.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 1

Still, a Island with Taxes, is a Island i wont Live/Farm/Do anything. Lawless for the win!

I Reward noone for being there before me!

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

In PvE they changed it so that taxes are additive only. In PvP players still pay taxes out of their resource gathering though.

Most owners might as well set it to max in PvE now, but some don't because they may not realise the change. Also there are a lot of players in the game that still don't know that this changed and are convinced they are paying taxes because they don't pay attention to the game and patch notes.

In PvE it is more like a commission now. I don't agree with the OP that it's another stupid mechanic though, I mean does it hurt anyone at all? No, so why make another  butt hurt (pun intended) topic on something that has no impact on anyone ingame.

Ah ok. So basically he wants people to feel the burden of the tax then?

41 minutes ago, Realist said:

Ah ok. So basically he wants people to feel the burden of the tax then?

He thinks it's just a wasted mechanic. But maybe it is easier to make it additive tax than actually take it out completely, because it may not be easy to remove it entirely for PvE and keep it for PvP. But I have no idea because i'm not involved in the development, all I know is the way it is now hurts no-one so there's not point in making a fuss about it.

He says it's another stupid mechanic added to the game,  but this mechanic wasn't added, it was changed. People like to fuss about stuff that doesn't need fussing over.

• Like 2

Hmm just did treasure map that guaranteed 302 gold but i got only 246 i wonder where the rest went on claimed island since the tax isnt taken from what u get. 🤔

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Akai said:

Hmm just did treasure map that guaranteed 302 gold but i got only 246 i wonder where the rest went on claimed island since the tax isnt taken from what u get. 🤔

People have claimed gold is treated differently, can't say myself as i've not done treasure hunts.

5 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

People have claimed gold is treated differently, can't say myself as i've not done treasure hunts.

as islands need gold upkeep id say it makes sense to have treasure maps taxed 

14 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

doesn't matter if taxes are 0 or 30% the players don't pay it. If I hit a tree I get 30 wood on a settlement with 0 taxes if I hit a tree I get 30 wood on a settlement with 30% taxes. So it doesn't effect anyone building on an island.

Wrong, the player does pay it, but its broken atm and charge 50% no mathrr what you set youre rates to. Try on 30% tax and on a lawless, then report back 🙂

30 minutes ago, Knivet said:

Wrong, the player does pay it, but its broken atm and charge 50% no mathrr what you set youre rates to. Try on 30% tax and on a lawless, then report back 🙂

He's not wrong, because he's talking about PvE not PvP.