Sign in to follow this  
Mortavius

Map Toggle for Pets will help with Lost Pets

Easy to Implement: add a new button that toggles location of pets so they are visible or invisible on the map.... that way, if pets are lost when zoning, then players can find them. That will take very little development time, but solve a HUGE problem that can be game-breaking for many players. This will improve player retention as well.... all for less than a couple hours of development time using already existing code that shows ships, bed, and other things on the map. 

So much benefit for so little development effort. A big part of solving lost pets problem would be solved in a single afternoon, and could be rolled out as soon as next patch. Developers, you really should consider this.

• Like 2

I like the idea, but a little leery.  You ever get a bad feeling about something and cannot explain it?  This is one of those times for me.  I feel like this could be abused for nefarious reasons, but not sure what. 

Maybe some more experienced players in regards to games like this (re:Ark) can chime in on how this could be a bad idea.  If there are no good arguments against it then I agree 100%!

Is it being abused with ships, or other resources right now? Because we have the ability to see where we left our own ships, beds, and other resources. Maybe we should take those away too, then, because ALREADY being able to see where you left your own things or where your guild left things can have some unforseen abuse, and should be taken away, eh?

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I like the idea, but a little leery.  You ever get a bad feeling about something and cannot explain it?  This is one of those times for me.  I feel like this could be abused for nefarious reasons, but not sure what. 

Maybe some more experienced players in regards to games like this (re:Ark) can chime in on how this could be a bad idea.  If there are no good arguments against it then I agree 100%!

in ARK you could equip trackers to your tames, kinda rfid chips.

hardly feasible here. maybe some 'magic' device could replace the tracker from ARK, crafted from some metal and smaller amounts of mythos. no idea on how to receive that transponder's ping though.

nonetheless i do support the idea of keeping track on tames either using the map or by some device

Edited by Ucan_Kizmiaz
missing word

Just do it the exact same way we show ships and beds on maps now. Don't even need to get into anything as complex as items. The code already exists for other assets. Copy / Paste, change the asset tracked, add to GUI, call it a day. It's that easy.... AND, it only works on you and your guild's assets... because that is how it works in-game.... right now.... at this very minute.

However, to avoid map clutter, it should be made a toggle as should everything else. Extend the GUI on the left side of the Atlas Map if more space for buttons is needed. 

Edited by Mortavius

It's a cool idea and the NPC crew if it were visible on the map would be cool as well as the ships or bed as was said.

There is no "nefarious reasons" if only the current owner of the animal/NPC Crew can see its location on the map.