zottel

Galleon stats?

So im going to Release my galleon today, but im Not sure how to Level it properly. Its a normal broadside galleon. Is it worth leveling into sinking rate at all? And how good is the new Résistance And dmg Stat? Also should i Level a but into wheight? 

Speed and turning capabilities are king for a Galleon.  If you can chase people down and keep people out of your blind spots you should win every single small engagement.  Damage and resistance are nice, but if you cannot get a shot off on them whats the point?  It just turns into a "I hope he runs out of cannonballs before I run out of mats" affair. 

I would only bother with those stats if the Galleon was being built for a large engagement or breaking into harbors.  Most engagements tend to be smaller. 

Edited by DocHolliday

all depends what you plan to be doing with it. do you want it for the long haul? or do you plan to take it into battle. is it the only galleon? whats its purpose?

5% damage output per lvl.

8% resistance per lvl.

Those are new stats. I personally would do 150% of sturdiness, some points to acommodation, about 10 points to attack and all other - to defence. But this is just my theory. I'll check it later. 

Oh, and I do PVE. Just SqotD's battles. (I personally wouldn't do it via Galley)

Edited by George Catcher

Its Mainly for SOTDs. But how do i get Decent Speed And Turning capabikitys on a galleon? I Used 2 Handlings And 4 Speed before And Turning was still awful And adding More Handlings result in less SpeedSpeed

Its a fine balance thats is for sure.  I never built one, just know from people who have.  Handling sails can be quite effective if used right.  I've seen 5 brigs engage a Galleon that was heavy on handling sails (masterwork) and he was able to maintain speed while driving into the wind at angles the brigs with speed sails could not.  Straight line down wind the brigs were a little faster.  Turn into the wind and the Galleon would have won that fight if the brigs (I was one of them) did not break off pursuit once we ran low on mats and cannonballs. 

The Galleon dominated the wind.  We were the pursuers, but since he used the wind to his advantage we were constantly tacking back and forth, breaking formation and allowing him to single ships out.  He almost sunk our schooner once and a brig another time.  Luckily the ships were well stocked and we did not allow the galleon to move in for the kill shot.  That fight lasted almost an hour and I think we planked him 5-6 times at most.

EDIT:  Change that to 3 brigs and a schooner as I think about that fight a little more. 

Edited by DocHolliday

So is Galleon worth it in PVE ? I want something that can go fast , fight ghost ship effectively and carry a lot .

Edited by kampfer91

8 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

So is Galleon worth it in PVE ? I want something that can go fast , fight ghost ship effectively and carry a lot .

Galleons are fast (weirdly inconsistent with reality), they can carry more and bigger guns than anything else so yeah they should be able to fight SOTD’s, and they can definitely carry a ton. Their downside for the purpose of this convo is their aggro radius, which is significantly bigger than a ups other ship. When you are trying to haul cargo, this can be an issue.

Basically as Boomer has Pointed out the game has a very sad trend of bigger = better...

In this game Bigger always means faster!!!  And Faster is usually better....

As for PvE with a Galleon vs a Brig vs a Schooner It's all in how you look at it.  The bigger ship has far more cannons and thus will be able to sink more SotD's faster, and with the extra speed you will be able to locate more to again sink faster...  However More Cannon's = More Cannonballs = More waisted Cannonballs

As you go down in size and number of Cannons you sink SotD's slower but more efficiently...

So ultimately do you want to kill efficiently and make less gold per hour or less efficiently and make more gold per hour?

I tested all with anarchy. My Brig design (NO SHOTGUNS, NO LOUVERS, No stupid kite tactics) was able to end lvl-40 SotD. Withi this new attack and defense stats, it should be even better.

While Galley... well... I mean, all sea battles should include maneuvers right? Especially now when they are not SodDs but SquotDs! And Galley - just simply can NOT do that. So right now if you gonna fight SqotDs, your tactic will probably be like:

- You sail by and shoot. You sail straight for 2 minutes, then do 1 minute 90' turn, and shoot again. Then another 2 minutes straight, and you have to somehow do your straight so all damned ships will be just one side of you.

You'll get loot for last SotD you sink, because you will not find any others due to insane long straight sailing.

Fighting like that is a torture.

So GALLEY is not a battle ship in my opinion. It's more like siege ship where insane firepower against staying fortified targets is required. And of course it's good for far non battle voyages, because right now Galley with 6 speedsails is fastest ship in a game, and can carry a lot.

So even If I had all resources - I wouldn't build one. Because while anarchy, I simply DID NOT enjoy to sail it and fight with it at all!

And one more thing. I got my mythic sails BPs from SotD's 34 and 36 lvl, while the biggest one I down with this anarchy Galley - was lvl-52 and this one gave me a mythic cannon blueprint with 200 of health and 100% damage lol : )) I threw it out board right in the moment I've got it : )

Edited by George Catcher
  • Haha 1

Bashing a ship for its weakness.... Each ship has its potential if you cant sail them that doesnt mean other people cant.

Schooner

pros: fast agile easy to repair cheap crew can sail threw cyclones no problem and very fast and easy to build. Little to no skill needed if you just build a bunch. Great for distracting wile galleons line shots up. Good captains can dodge the shots while keeping them in the galleons range.  

Cons: low hp cant take a hit cant carry large cargo. Major lack of firepower without ridiculous mods. 

Good for drawing ships away from main ships and using maneuvers to avoid damage in fleet warfare

Brig

Pros: can cary more weitght turning is still manageable and 2 more canon ports. Can ram smaller ships to get shots in. More hp then schooner

Cons: slower then schooner and galleon. Less firepower then galleon

Galleon

Pros: lots of canons. Fast and good for ram and shoot. Can get 6 targets on each side with activating front rear and side ports. Large canons hit like tanks. Flamegel ammo infront to burn them when ramming. Can carry lots of weight for gathering resources all over the map. Can last on long trips without docking due to damage. Can put a base inside it removing up to 3 decks for room. The tall sails are great to grapple and swing to other ships as you pass them in pvp. Upgraded its a fortress. Loads of canon options with 2 people one can main sails and one side and the captain can steer and main the other. Making multiple canon groups to make each shot count. 

Cons: sits low in water and easy to bottom out not paying attention. Takes 5 days to build solo. Turning is slow. Ammo is costly to keep stocked if you fight lot. Cyclones hurt...... 

Turning sails in and out of the wind while turning at the point your turn slows will help Keep sails at full but out of wind instead of closings  for quick escape. Flame gell on front guns and ramming gets the job done. 

I sail a galleon cause its fun to sail and you try a bit harder to keep it flooting after putting days into a build. Knowing you can build another in a few hours makes you reckless if you build it to look like a real ship. If you have someone manning your sails and half the guns its even more fun. Bashing it for turn speed means your lazy dont exploit its strengths. I seen one comment about not being able to collect the loot after battles because it takes to long to finish fights..... Not sure what your doing but that isnt normal. Also for getting crew only take on 1 to 5 ships when getti g crew. Easy one hit shots sail threw the middle of them slowing down right before your first shot and shoot all your targets before they can maneuver against you. Attacking a bunch at one time can be a long process if you miss or they get behind you so no da the crew of the first few sunk will probably be dead and sometimes the sharks do smash the chests. Im done ranting. Galleon is a great ship dont bash it cause you cant sail it. 

Galleons are the beast of the seas mines turns sweet with no turning sails just 5 speed and 1 weight to cancel out cannons weight

Other than knowing how to bounce off an enemy ship to force a bootlegger turn, I could think of about 1,000 adjectives to use before coming up with "sweet" to describe a Galleon's raw turning rate.

15 hours ago, LordSOfTheFallen said:

Bashing a ship for its weakness.... Each ship has its potential if you cant sail them that doesnt mean other people cant.

Schooner

pros: fast agile easy to repair cheap crew can sail threw cyclones no problem and very fast and easy to build. Little to no skill needed if you just build a bunch. Great for distracting wile galleons line shots up. Good captains can dodge the shots while keeping them in the galleons range.  

Cons: low hp cant take a hit cant carry large cargo. Major lack of firepower without ridiculous mods. 

Good for drawing ships away from main ships and using maneuvers to avoid damage in fleet warfare

Brig

Pros: can cary more weitght turning is still manageable and 2 more canon ports. Can ram smaller ships to get shots in. More hp then schooner

Cons: slower then schooner and galleon. Less firepower then galleon

Galleon

Pros: lots of canons. Fast and good for ram and shoot. Can get 6 targets on each side with activating front rear and side ports. Large canons hit like tanks. Flamegel ammo infront to burn them when ramming. Can carry lots of weight for gathering resources all over the map. Can last on long trips without docking due to damage. Can put a base inside it removing up to 3 decks for room. The tall sails are great to grapple and swing to other ships as you pass them in pvp. Upgraded its a fortress. Loads of canon options with 2 people one can main sails and one side and the captain can steer and main the other. Making multiple canon groups to make each shot count. 

Cons: sits low in water and easy to bottom out not paying attention. Takes 5 days to build solo. Turning is slow. Ammo is costly to keep stocked if you fight lot. Cyclones hurt...... 

Turning sails in and out of the wind while turning at the point your turn slows will help Keep sails at full but out of wind instead of closings  for quick escape. Flame gell on front guns and ramming gets the job done. 

I sail a galleon cause its fun to sail and you try a bit harder to keep it flooting after putting days into a build. Knowing you can build another in a few hours makes you reckless if you build it to look like a real ship. If you have someone manning your sails and half the guns its even more fun. Bashing it for turn speed means your lazy dont exploit its strengths. I seen one comment about not being able to collect the loot after battles because it takes to long to finish fights..... Not sure what your doing but that isnt normal. Also for getting crew only take on 1 to 5 ships when getti g crew. Easy one hit shots sail threw the middle of them slowing down right before your first shot and shoot all your targets before they can maneuver against you. Attacking a bunch at one time can be a long process if you miss or they get behind you so no da the crew of the first few sunk will probably be dead and sometimes the sharks do smash the chests. Im done ranting. Galleon is a great ship dont bash it cause you cant sail it. 

‘Takes 5 days to build solo’ whut? If you take longer than 1 day to build and gather resources you’re considered an amateur in this game. 

Edited by Percieval

I used 4 speed, 2 hand sails turned slower then i liked in a fight but i ran 40 large, 12 norm cannons 20l 6n per side an let me say it was a beast.