strycker

How to fix islands and land claims

On 4/21/2019 at 2:00 AM, RenWmn said:

@Sinappia  
As to PVP times?  Perhaps the map should just be split up for PVP times and then people would know where they want to ultimately settle based on their schedule. 9 hours seems a bit long for a PVP time for people that have jobs and lives.  6 hours of PVP time?  Split the map in large blocks with different raid times?  

Nobody has presented the most important solution for this idea about the biggest issue at hand - which will btw buff mega-corps like crazy:

If 1 Island has diffrent war-times on the diffrent zones it makes this Island unraidable.
The defender can simply move ships & tames from peace-zone to peace-zone.

This will lead to everyone capable taking as many parts of the Island as possible and give even more power to the strong one. The strong ones will then focus fully on all the small companies that just own 1 piece of land - because all the big ones are unraidable. Which will make everything so much more worse.

14 hours ago, krazmuze said:

The idea that dividing islands does not work on PVP is megacorp thinking, if colonies was actually small tribes and solos as originally promoted this would be a none issue.    Just look at the real world there is always divided lands in the world that people are fighting over to redraw the boundaries.   That is why I promote the hex grid because it allows flexible redrawing of boundaries.    Work to gain power to take over larger islands a hex at a time - it should not be given to you just because you are the faster gold farmer.

It is not megacorp thinking. As I said: we are small, one could even say tiny. And that's why I see the danger in this whole idea and how it will only buff the big guys. This idea is not thought through to the end at all. There is no thinking about how it will be utilised by the big ones. And that is dangerous for everyone that is not big!

Since Empire-Servers are gone, there is no "colonies is for small companies" anymore unfortunately. So a new idea with the thinking that the Colonies-Servers are ment for small companies and there wont be any big and megacorps is not viable. Instet people should think about mechanics only the small ones can profit from. And not make things worse for small companies by bringing ideas that operate under a complete false premise.

I am not at all happy about the fact everyone is now on colonies. But we have to make it work now. And all I am saying is: there is nothing stoping small companies right now from taking land. Forming alliances and rule a server.

I do not see that as an issue if your stuff has flag protection only under your flag and not just any flag it happens to be in.   If the issue is people swapping things amongst companies flag to stay safe - then put a cooldown on that mechanic so it can not be exploited to avoid a war.    The same exploit exists within a grid of islands, it is not a unique problem to a gridded island.

I am very confused why you guys operate under the impression every company would only own 1 piece of the land? There is nothing stoping any company of owning an entire Island with the suggestion discussed here. Which would make this company completly overpowerd by being able to move their Ships, tames & Goods on the Island to the diffrent Peace-Zones. Getting attacked? Just kite the enemy to a part of your Island that has peace and gg!

2 hours ago, Sinappia said:

I am very confused why you guys operate under the impression every company would only own 1 piece of the land? There is nothing stoping any company of owning an entire Island with the suggestion discussed here. Which would make this company completly overpowerd by being able to move their Ships, tames & Goods on the Island to the diffrent Peace-Zones. Getting attacked? Just kite the enemy to a part of your Island that has peace and gg!

Because common sense says if a company owns more then one quadrant of an island that all the quadrants it owns falls under the Original flag and original Safe time of said flag!