Dstrats

Well Is time to honor your promises/statements!!!!

Landed on B12-the collapsing holm and after landin, a few mins after a company named Black Flag Crew claimed the island. All good and fine... To make the long story short... they started dismantling my buildings etc with no apparent reason .. first not telling me that they did that and took all my resources.. then doing it  in front of me and telling me to go.. that's the option i have. Unless i am mistaken this is PvE meaning that a player can poke etc another player, but should not be able to do anything against that player and his ing items etc. Now things are simple... and i will lay it out for you.... u either ban that company from PvE servers and other companies that are like that so they can go play in PvP or you wipe the servers as u did before telling us that would be for the better (either way u need to take action as u promised and proclaimed... since ur inactions in the first place lead to the server wipe). All in all i wait an immediate response on ur course of action.. so i can plan accordingly... doing nothing will just force me to stop playing.. but i will urge all other fellas that want to play peacefully in PvE without having much time to spent or without wanting to be competitive to stop playing as you are unable to handle anything and was your fault for this situation.. 6 days PTR on PvP conditions... gj again for the experience you are offering.

PS. At least if u wipe us now for exploiting etc i will not lose much... 

• Like 1

Does it matter? almost a day i think.. the first ones.. still i don't understand why should wefocus on time? giving some1 the ability to destroy other players stuff in PvE??? what where u thinking?

Just now, Dstrats said:

Does it matter? almost a day i think.. the first ones.. still i don't understand why should wefocus on time? giving some1 the ability to destroy other players stuff in PvE??? what where u thinking?

It does matter, because it has been very clear that at time of placement of every structure there is a window where the settlement owner can demolish structures. That window I believe is 24 hours, i'm not 100% on that though, but that is how it is meant to work on PvE.

So no-one should be banned for it.

Granted it's not nice, and they are likely the bad seed amongst settlement owners, but incidents like this are very far and few between.

Well read it again.. 1st of all the island was claimed after i was on and have build some.. should he be able to remove them? Then there is the issue.. which are the criteria to destroy soemthing player built in PVE and who is to decide? admin yes.. is good..  player? how... why should he be able to bully me in a PvE game... why should he be able to have demands make threats and deliver? why should he be able to steal w/e he wants to while i cannot in PvE!!!!! and yes they should.. we got wiped because of that.. because ppl could not settle on the islands etc.. and now is happening again...

so why should we get wiped in the first place....

same shit happens again

And one last thing... the second time that i had my base dismnatled the island was untaxed and unclaimed according to my HUD...  and verified by the gathering information.... some1 cares to explain how he could dismantle buildings while it said uncclaimed territory????

I did read it, I don't need to read it again. You said your structures had been built almost a day before they claimed the island and dismantled your structures. The structure placements come with a 24 hour window where settlement owners can demolish them. If you placed them then the island was claimed less than 24 hours after you placed the structures they would still have the remaining few hours of the window to destroy those structures until it hits 24 hours.

This has been widely known that the PvE mechanic will allow settlement owners to destroy structures in the first 24 hours of their placement. This should not be news to people as it's been posted in the news, in Captain's Logs, in patch notes etc.

And no they shouldn't get banned because the mechanic is working as intended. Is it a good mechanic for PvE? Absolutely not, but it is designed to help maintain the island. But with everything that humans are involved in there are going to be rotten apples that will use it for bad purposes.

Your second time, just like the first cannot be corroborated. You claim the island was unclaimed yet no-one here has any evidence of that. You also state it was verified by gathering information, which I assume you mean the tax? But taxes do not come out of resource gathering.

Also for all we know you could have pissed off the land owner and they demolished your structures and then you come here. Not saying you have done that, but all we have is your word. No-one can demolish structures on PvE when the island is unclaimed, period.

Prolly put down a flag, claimed it, stole your stuff and removed the flag (or only put in gold for one tick). Somone did the same to D6... If you are looking for a place to stay drop me a line. We claimed a pretty large island so that no one can do that to us. Not quite the point of PvE to have your crap stolen and destroyed without any chance to counter it...

The Settlers building somewhere need a protection from players taking over the island. Keep the 12-24 demolish for unconnected structures maybe, so people dont pillar spam. But after a Settler is safe the new owner shouldne be able to destroy it either.

Thnk you Grongash for understanding the matter at hand.. is not about my buildings or the stuff i lost.. i am not a child .. i can bear it and rebuild np... Is the fact that these powers should never been given to players in PvE that's why the admins must answer here on what they will do. Either way, it seems PvE will get flooded by  wannabe PvPers or bad PvPers that had their ass handed off... and they will come to exploit things like this. K thnx bye... that was the reason for the first wipe wasn't it? PvPers exploiting? no sht...

PS. MODULE it as you promised... awaiting for their ban... if u think this is not their fault but a game issue that should be fixxed.. then waiting for the wipe day information as u did before

Edited by Dstrats

20 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

And no they shouldn't get banned because the mechanic is working as intended. Is it a good mechanic for PvE? Absolutely not, but it is designed to help maintain the island. But with everything that humans are involved in there are going to be rotten apples that will use it for bad purposes

Your second time, just like the first cannot be corroborated. You claim the island was unclaimed yet no-one here has any evidence of that. You also state it was verified by gathering information, which I assume you mean the tax? But taxes do not come out of resource gathering.

Why should PvE has island maintance? defences etc? anyways.. i am not here to argue. Simple if the players are not to blame as u suggest i suppose the game mechanics are.. and since that has been a serious issue for me and is the same as the exploiting tactics used before wipe then a wipe is due i suppose w8ing fo r that information.. otherwise they do discremenation.. and i would like a full refund.

As for the second.. part.. i said read again and i mean it.. ur not here to defend them and even if u do it will not earn u a cookie.. nor from players nor from developers.. unless u are one that employees same tactics such as i describe. Anyways i stated... that in MY HUD the island was unclaimed and the tax was not applied/deducted when i gathered matts. that's is proof enough.. i not have to prove i am not an elephant...

It is their game their code and they have the means to check what has happened, i don't have them nor i accused some1 for hacking... i prolly count this more as a game glitch.. but i am not the one that will do the testing or debugging... they had a whole 6DAY test on PvP ptr and everything apparently is great

Just now, Dstrats said:

Why should PvE has island maintance? defences etc? anyways.. i am not here to argue. Simple if the players are not to blame as u suggest i suppose the game mechanics are.. and since that has been a serious issue for me and is the same as the exploiting tactics used before wipe then a wipe is due i suppose w8ing fo r that information.. otherwise they do discremenation.. and i would like a full refund.

PvE shouldn't have that mechanic, I also said it is not a good mechanic for PvE. Not sure why you keep questioning my view on that when i've clearly said it is not good nor should it be on PvE. But the reason it is there is to keep the island maintained, please note i'm not saying it is a good reason, but that is the reason, therefore that is why PvE has it.

Just now, Dstrats said:

As for the second.. part.. i said read again and i mean it.. ur not here to defend them and even if u do it will not earn u a cookie.. nor from players nor from developers.. unless u are one that employees same tactics such as i describe. Anyways i stated... that in MY HUD the island was unclaimed and the tax was not applied/deducted when i gathered matts. that's is proof enough.. i not have to prove i am not an elephant...

You clearly do not realise that resources are not deducted from gathering for taxes. The taxes are additive, which means you still get 100% of the resources when you gather, and the games provides the additive resource to the land owner, so people on the land will not notice any difference during gathering. So that does not prove anything unfortunately. As I said, i'm not saying you aren't being truthful, but we, even the Devs have no way of telling whether you are speaking the truth about the land not being claimed, because nobody else has reported such an incident. Nor is there any proof that you didn't troll the others that destroyed your structures because all we get is your word. Yet you feel that is enough to have the company banned.

You'll make claims i'm defending those that demolished your structures and I don't care, but what i'm saying is there's always 2 sides to a story.

I've encountered something similar unfortunately in J5. Sailed there to tame an elephant for myself, started place foundations for the pen and 2 people come running over from company Compagnie Des Indes.

I first said hello, no response. I then said is it ok to place these down to tame? They said 24hrs only. It was 1am, I was tired and decided to build and do it in the morning. Logged in and everything was gone, the pen, the cupboard and items. 

I do not go to these islands now to tame, I don't trust people who want to play landlord and evict without notice. I now stick to Lawless for taming and also live on lawless. It's clear the current system still doesn't work, just my opinion.

I don't get why people are nasty like that in game, you be nice to others you expect people to show kindness in return, oh well.

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You clearly do not realise that resources are not deducted from gathering for taxes. The taxes are additive, which means you still get 100% of the resources when you gather, and the games provides the additive resource to the land owner, so people on the land will not notice any difference during gathering. So that does not prove anything unfortunately. As I said, i'm not saying you aren't being truthful, but we, even the Devs have no way of telling whether you are speaking the truth about the land not being claimed, because nobody else has reported such an incident. Nor is there any proof that you didn't troll the others that destroyed your structures because all we get is your word. Yet you feel that is enough to have the company banned.

You'll make claims i'm defending those that demolished your structures and I don't care, but what i'm saying is there's always 2 sides to a story.

Well obviously u haven't farmed a lot right?

go with an meatl axe and chop a tree or farm fiber on a lawless island or 0% tax island .. then farm again at 20% and u understand. Yes their is a difference.. f.e. farming a full iron node no tax earns you about 250 ores... farming on 20% earns u approx 200 and that is ingame numbers u can check on ur own... i ain't claiming anything i just stating facts... i don't care about judging them and doing something ... i care that according to the devs words we got wiped because some players exploited and got unfaired advantage etc amongst other the claiming system change... PvE was not affected by that but still got wiped.. and now we have this "mechanics" never tested etc.. i want an answer what is your course of action.. so i can plot mine

Just now, Dstrats said:

Well obviously u haven't farmed a lot right?

Oh I farm every day and i've tested it at different tax rates, and it's always the same result.

Also backed up by the patch notes too.

- Max Tax rate on PvE set to 20%, and is only additive on PvE (doesn't reduce the taxee's resources)

So 1 question if i have a foundation of 24H old can they dismantle the rest of the building?

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

I first said hello, no response. I then said is it ok to place these down to tame? They said 24hrs only. It was 1am, I was tired and decided to build and do it in the morning. Logged in and everything was gone, the pen, the cupboard and items. 

I do not go to these islands now to tame, I don't trust people who want to play landlord and evict without notice. I now stick to Lawless for taming and also live on lawless. It's clear the current system still doesn't work, just my opinion.

I don't get why people are nasty like that in game, you be nice to others you expect people to show kindness in return, oh well.

Well, the game mechanics are just bad.  But in defense of the landowners (who may or may not be nasty), you said you were going to build a taming pen and tame and then you disappeared.  Did you tell them you'd be back in the morning?  Maybe the landowner knew he wasn't able to be in the game in enough time to dismantle it if you didn't.  Who knows?  If I had been the landowner, depending on what you told me, I might have done the same thing.  

Dstrats we have one of the island to the east of them. You are welcome to setup on our island for now...but we will be leaving for the NA PVE server soon. I'm not sure what's up with that island.  It was a different company up until yesterday.  Seems like the same group talking in global though so I'm not sure if they changed names or merged or what happened.

4 hours ago, Winter Thorne said:

Well, the game mechanics are just bad.  But in defense of the landowners (who may or may not be nasty), you said you were going to build a taming pen and tame and then you disappeared.  Did you tell them you'd be back in the morning?  Maybe the landowner knew he wasn't able to be in the game in enough time to dismantle it if you didn't.  Who knows?  If I had been the landowner, depending on what you told me, I might have done the same thing.  

No the land owner said you have 24hrs that was at 1am, I logged in around 11.45am. A kind land owner would have said hello to begin with, I got nothing. As for not being able to log in the next day, he could have said so, he said 24hrs so I wouldn't have known any different, I thought it was safe.

It's all done with anyway, I know not to go there and trust them, I just wanted to give people the heads up on here incase they did go to J5. I stick to lawless for taming from now on, same as living on lawless. This claim system won't last either, i'll give in 2 months if that.

5 hours ago, Dstrats said:

So 1 question if i have a foundation of 24H old can they dismantle the rest of the building?

Yes they can, they can evict you as soon as you place it down. Large companies have taken over the islands and made it their own. I'm not saying all companies are like that but the majority looks like they have kept it for themselves.

Stick to lawless for home and taming is my advice.

So if an island gets a new owner (the original owner doesn't pay the gold for maintenance or they find a bigger/better island and give up their first one) after you have settled there, can the new island owner demolish your stuff within 24 hours of them claiming the island or is it only within 24 hours of building the stuff that they can be destroyed, even if the owner of the island changes in the future?

14 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I've encountered something similar unfortunately in J5. Sailed there to tame an elephant for myself, started place foundations for the pen and 2 people come running over from company Compagnie Des Indes.

We have a large and small taming pen unlocked in I5. Western side of Virder something. Lol, not in game. Its the westernmost island. 

Feel free to drop by and use them. Eles, rhinos spawn by pen. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 8ball said:

We have a large and small taming pen unlocked in I5. Western side of Virder something. Lol, not in game. Its the westernmost island. 

Feel free to drop by and use them. Eles, rhinos spawn by pen. 

I might have to check it out thanks. Shame they don't have some sort of box in this game where you can put in and not take out, like donation box. 

4 hours ago, DannyUK said:

I might have to check it out thanks. Shame they don't have some sort of box in this game where you can put in and not take out, like donation box. 

Hell, if I understand you correctly,  no donation box needed.  Actually, need to check if the tannery next to it is unlocked. The build is not a big deal for a mid sized company. 1 larger gate, medium gates around the perimeter.  We would have built it for ourselves anyway.