Eve BlackVeil

New islands coming summertime

According to the new Captains Log, they are going to introduce more islands this summer with another mega update.

Soooooo is this gonna be another wipe?? Only curious how much effort I want to put into building until then.

• Like 1

I think it’s safe to say that adding in new islands/swapping them/move them required a wipe. But they could also just have 2 new servers up with these new maps. But good question i want to know too @Dollie@Jatheish

• Like 2

Theoretically, it is probably possible to simply insert a new island into an empty space.

But probably wipe  :classic_sad:

I... Had really hoped they had learned a valuable lesson about announcing things like that so far ahead of time.

If they wipe again so soon after this one im out, and so will be everyone i know who still plays it. Why would you bother with all those annoying crappy mechanics if the stuff you built isnt even gonna last more than 2-3 months...

Another wipe, even in the summer would be the worst move for the game. I know it's in EA people should expect wipes blah blah blah, but wipes in EA should only be a last resort necessity.

However, as the majority of space on the grids is water, it may be very possible that they can place new large islands without needing to move any other islands and therefore may not need a wipe.

Also, what people need to also consider is that originally the Devs said they were arranging new hardware for NA PvE. Now as Empires is being taken down to be replaced with NA PvE, there is that possibility that if it was true about new hardware, that maybe new grids from that hardware will be added to the existing servers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Another wipe, even in the summer would be the worst move for the game. I know it's in EA people should expect wipes blah blah blah, but wipes in EA should only be a last resort necessity.

I wonder which cosmetic we get that time around... maybe a shirt that says "Ops, we did it again" 😛

• Haha 1

Wipe was needed because claim system changes. Ofc there won´t be wipe because they add new islands.

4 minutes ago, Willard said:

Wipe was needed because claim system changes. Ofc there won´t be wipe because they add new islands.

Ill get back to you in 1-2 months 😉 Lets hope you were right.

7 hours ago, Eve BlackVeil said:

According to the new Captains Log, they are going to introduce more islands this summer with another mega update.

Soooooo is this gonna be another wipe?? Only curious how much effort I want to put into building until then.

Well considering the just released mega update was originally slated for February, any such mega update announced for summer should be reliably counted upon to be released around Halloween. As far as whether a wipe should be expected, I would lean towards probably not, but I have no more information than you have and it would be nice if the devs would at least say in advance either no wipe, yes wipe, or we're not yet sure, so we know where they stand.

9 hours ago, Eve BlackVeil said:

Whops, please do not buy or play EA games. You clear dont have the proper mindset.

Not just the OP,  but anyone worried about a wipe affecting thier enjoyment of a game in development.

Yes, there will be another wipe at some point, I promise. 

This game is in development and not finished. Fucks sake.

Forget learn to code, learn to read and comprehend.

Every. Single. One. Of these threads should be properly removed by admins.

And stop being dumbasses please. 

• Like 1

i say shuffle the grids and add the new ones in random spots. shake it up. dont gotta wipe anything. people will have to make new alliances, maybe, or be forced to move to maintain an alliance. I could dig it. Shake it up.

• Like 1

Haha I log in after the update and find myself at my base on the complete opposite side of the Atlas.  Hmmm who are my neighbors?  We had friendly neighbors in the past!  OMG we're surrounded by our sworn enemy!  I need 500 mortars stat!

When they mentioned the words another  "mega update" it made me immediately tune into that word as AKA wipe.

It makes me not want to even bother playing.

I guess maybe I could browse Companies to join and finally stop rolling solo.