Sign in to follow this  
Billy Bones

Colonies Company size going up to 75...

i think the only way to play good pvp atm is to group up, but then there would be the same problems Ark has/had.

so member limit changed to 75 no way to revert without a wipe or whatever, i guess we have to live with it.

small and medium tribes now have even worse chances as they already had before.

what was so wrong with the small medium idea?

what has changed?

a statement from wc would be nice

ok please read this:

we never get to 100% balance for everyone, but make the playingfield even for everybody in PvP would be great.

with two grids this would have been possible.

one grid with 250+ member cap, no allys

one grid with -20 member cap, no allys

but 50 with allys was too high.

where would you wanna go to gank ppl?

right, why play on a 250+ tribe grid and get recked, if you can play on a grid and dominate all others.

lets say the limit is 15, (with invite cooldown after a kick when limit is reached and or the exchanges exceed 3 members/day)

so ppl know the limit is 15

now, some ppl wanna play atlas, and they group up with their irl friends, but they are only 4.

the other group are 9 members, but a lot of boons in their company.

so it is kinda balanced in a even playing field

another example,

lets say a company with full members (15) all pros sail the sea with 5 ships

and another 15 member company all hobby players some pve and no clue, sail with their gally and 2 brigs

is this balanced for you?

nope its not.

but it is an even playingfield. you never have 100% balance in some cases not even 1%, but that depends on the situation.

you never can say whos your next enemy(well sometimes you can :D), but you can defend and maybe survive longer by actions you and your company can take that would NOT have been possible if a megatribe is your current enemy.

a limit is not a bad thing. it keeps ppl on the ground. in this case, atlas, it makes companys vulnerable. takes away the big MOB thing...

my opinion is one grid with 15 member limit with 1 ally, or max 2, with heavy restrictions against abusing, and set in the rulebook.

and the other grid, same settings, even the flags but no member cap, you will have 2-4 mega companys, in that even the players from the other grids will play.

the problem was the 50 member limit that is now 75, it should have been 15-20 maximum all the time and the other pvp grid would have lived.

• Thanks 1

Reboot empires with colonies rules, cap company limit at 25-50. Limit alliance function further or even get rid of it.

Current pvp servers will be gost towns in a week.

Will the megas end up going there anyways? Yes. 

But they have the numbers to zerg. Do they need in game built in advantages as well? 

Why should the devs artificially stear the majority of players towards a playstyle they dont want. Is the playerbase growing atm?

Or is it stagnant ? Decreasing?

Edited by Back Stabbath
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2019 at 5:37 PM, Sulfurblade said:

I came back to the game because of the statement above!!!  But Now I am about to leave again because it was a blatant

LIE!!!

Give us small scale PvP in the Form of Smaller Guilds Like 10 MAX like you said in this BLATANT LIE ABOVE or enjoy your dead game! 

Absolutely agree. I just left ark and atlas because it was impossible to play in a mega-tribe environment. I returned to atlas because that promise of a rule-based game for SOLO PLAYERS AND SMALL CLANS. And now reality demonstrates that it was a huge lie. Don’t you see the number of players going down day by day? It’s because most players want what you promised: a rule-based game for solo players and small to medium size clans. And they see you didn’t keep your promise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ederrn said:

Absolutely agree. I just left ark and atlas because it was impossible to play in a mega-tribe environment. I returned to atlas because that promise of a rule-based game for SOLO PLAYERS AND SMALL CLANS. And now reality demonstrates that it was a huge lie. Don’t you see the number of players going down day by day? It’s because most players want what you promised: a rule-based game for solo players and small to medium size clans. And they see you didn’t keep your promise.

Ark is one thing. The game is impossible to play unless your in a mega tribe. Even in small tribes that all the casuals complained to get if you didnt start very early into server launch you still stand no chance. Atlas is much different though. Especially in its current state, and with its current population. Everybody on this post is completely ignorant and either just wants to complain about the game cause its not entirely fitting into how THEY THINK it should be designed, or are doing something horribly wrong in game. There are so many small tribes all over the map thriving that there is literally no truth to his post other than the fact that you just arbitrarily are DEMANDING lower company counts which has nothing to do with mega tribes.. There are so many small tribes that own their own island currently in pvp. Small tribes own many more islands than the dozen or so mega tribes do. If you think we (megas) have any interest in you or are affecting your small scale game play somehow your sadly mistaken.  The game is designed to get big tribes to let smaller tribes build all over their islands.... As i said previously megas are dying to get smaller companies to move in. I gurantee (i guess i cant really speak for the chinese tribes which could actually pose a problem) that nobody on this post has been wiped in colonies by a mega, that is if any of you are even playing which i think most of you are not and just here comnplaining. Especially if your just like a 1 or 2 man bob squad. Just today and yesterday for instance I ran past several small guys all over on islands we farm on, and i mean small guys like just a couple people, and we never harm them. Hell, we even frequently give handouts.... We would let you guys build on islands in our main server.... If you want a game specifically just designed for small scale play thats one thing. But dont blame your inability or undesire to play in colonies on megas...

On 4/19/2019 at 1:59 PM, DocHolliday said:

The new ruleset still provides protections for smaller companies and solos

The hell it does.

We won't be playing much longer.

15 hours ago, Uffda Pal said:

Ark is one thing. The game is impossible to play unless your in a mega tribe. Even in small tribes that all the casuals complained to get if you didnt start very early into server launch you still stand no chance. Atlas is much different though. Especially in its current state, and with its current population. Everybody on this post is completely ignorant and either just wants to complain about the game cause its not entirely fitting into how THEY THINK it should be designed, or are doing something horribly wrong in game. There are so many small tribes all over the map thriving that there is literally no truth to his post other than the fact that you just arbitrarily are DEMANDING lower company counts which has nothing to do with mega tribes.. There are so many small tribes that own their own island currently in pvp. Small tribes own many more islands than the dozen or so mega tribes do. If you think we (megas) have any interest in you or are affecting your small scale game play somehow your sadly mistaken.  The game is designed to get big tribes to let smaller tribes build all over their islands.... As i said previously megas are dying to get smaller companies to move in. I gurantee (i guess i cant really speak for the chinese tribes which could actually pose a problem) that nobody on this post has been wiped in colonies by a mega, that is if any of you are even playing which i think most of you are not and just here comnplaining. Especially if your just like a 1 or 2 man bob squad. Just today and yesterday for instance I ran past several small guys all over on islands we farm on, and i mean small guys like just a couple people, and we never harm them. Hell, we even frequently give handouts.... We would let you guys build on islands in our main server.... If you want a game specifically just designed for small scale play thats one thing. But dont blame your inability or undesire to play in colonies on megas...

Horse crap.  We selected an island before the launch.  We landed there, and fought off one group for control of the island.  It was the largest island in the grid, but everybody else were going after the smaller islands.  By everybody else, I mean a Mega and one of their allies.  The Mega was split into about 5 to 7 companies, all with the same name, and colors added to signify who they are.  We took the island on the 2nd day, and reached out to them for peace.  Talked in voice with one of their leaders, and peace was agreed upon.  We were given a large list of friends and foes.  12 hours later, that Mega attacked and wiped us.  We lost half the company, and 12 remained.  We built a schooner on a lawless island, and had just launched it, and a Brigantine literally came into render, going full speed right at the schooner, and never turned.  Just came right at it, and sunk it.  Another half left.  So now we are truly small company sized with about 8 active players.  We are just about done with the game.  We don't like Megas, and don't want to play in the same server as them.  If we can't get that, we are likely not going to be here much longer.  We are still trying to get a base built, and some ships built to kill SotD.  Meanwhile, the Megas are getting into blueprint ships and cannons.  We struggle just to get enough gold for our island upkeep.  Rent on somebody esle's island.  No thanks.  I think we will be heading to play Life is Feudal with some of our friends.  Maybe find a different game to play that is friendly to smaller groups.