Sign in to follow this  
Billy Bones

Colonies Company size going up to 75...

Yeah, total BS. Colonies for solo and small companies. But Now they have to shut down Empires. What next?

• Like 1

I think this is a horrible decision!  They should change the rule set on empire so those Hardcore Mega's can go back to where they belong!!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

What Empires server?  Its getting wiped and turned into NA PvE today. 

What happened to the other NA PvE server??? Now we are going to have two PvE servers and 1 PvP designed for small groups that has been over taken bye Mega's?!?

• Like 2

When 1.5 was released they released the following.  Notice how NA PvE is not in the list.

EU PvE

EU PvP colonies

NA PvP colonies

NA PvP Empires

Empires has proven to not be popular among the players.  This was pretty much known going in, but they wanted to prove it in live testing.  This was done.  Its server populations are really low.  Empires is now going away and they are bringing back NA PvE to replace it.   You will also notice that there were two PvP colonies servers when 1.5 launched.   Most megas joined these colonies servers as it contained the ruleset they wanted.  The new ruleset still provides protections for smaller companies and solos, but if you expect to ever have solos owning their own islands you are in for a rude awakening. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Terrrible decission. I thought 50 was TOO MUCH HIGH for colonies. The idea of colonies was to provide a rule-based environment for solo players and SMALL clans (2-5 people) That is a Small clan. A medium clan should be 6-20 people. More than that is a BIG clan. Empires server has no sense if you state a limit of 75 people in colonies. The limit in colonies should be 20 people, because YOU ARE NOT BEARING IN MIND ALLIANCES: if 5 clans of 20 people set an alliance that means in fact a mega clan of 100 people. Please reduce the limit of people by clan AT LEAST TO 50 as it was. 

Terrible decission. 

I wasn't a fan of splitting such a small playerbase into two pvp servers in the first place, but once you decided to go that way, this is ridiculous. Big clans decided to stretch the rules of the small company server refusing to play in the server you made for them and you reward them with a 50% bigger player limit... I really don't understand this. It's been just one week and we are already seeing that kind of join me or i will zerg you attitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ederrn said:

Terrrible decission. I thought 50 was TOO MUCH HIGH for colonies. The idea of colonies was to provide a rule-based environment for solo players and SMALL clans (2-5 people) That is a Small clan. A medium clan should be 6-20 people. More than that is a BIG clan. Empires server has no sense if you state a limit of 75 people in colonies. The limit in colonies should be 20 people, because YOU ARE NOT BEARING IN MIND ALLIANCES: if 5 clans of 20 people set an alliance that means in fact a mega clan of 100 people. Please reduce the limit of people by clan AT LEAST TO 50 as it was. 

Terrible decission. 

you see this JAT?

you read your twitter JAT?

what did i wrote you to do with colonies and empires?

setting colonies to 20 i said?

why is it still 50 now 75 and still ally allowed?

you wanted empires to die JAT?

like i said, in 3 twitter posts, small and mediums have no chance bc 50(75) with allys is too high, it equals a mega tribe.

i was reading some different intentions from Wildcard beforehand. -->

Colonies PvP: Freeform building, with more progress-protecting and time-enforced PvP rules creating a cooperative atmosphere, and limits to ensure the game is more oriented towards single players and small to mid-sized groups.

but it seems like this is the way they wanna go.

Edited by photek
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is really odd, like really odd. Community makes it clear by numbers joining the respective servers that they prefer smaller sized tribes - devs stick fingers in ears and decide to modify the preferred server to resemble the deserted one as that is THEIR preferred mode. I really thought they'd understand at last what players want and maybe even consider modifying the majority of Ark official servers to smaller tribes too. Mega tribe gameplay may be attractive to the devs, but it's not nearly as interesting to most players, how many people are actually playing in these mega tribes considering most vet players in them have multiple accounts (in Ark)? Most people I know in Ark tried mega tribe life and found it boring and moved off to unofficial or other games (or small tribe servers when they came in years later).

I really am confused by this move. Some patch notes really do need more explanation of the ethos behind it - if they are determined to stick with megas they need to come clean about it. It's their game, it's their choice, but it kinda feels like bait and switch.

We'll work more to make Atlas great for smaller tribes.. oh wait, you like that more? Ok, in that case we won't.

Edited by FruitBatCat
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, FruitBatCat said:

This is really odd, like really odd. Community makes it clear by numbers joining the respective servers that they prefer smaller sized tribes - devs stick fingers in ears and decide to modify the preferred server to resemble the deserted one as that is THEIR preferred mode. I really thought they'd understand at last what players want and maybe even consider modifying the majority of Ark official servers to smaller tribes too. Mega tribe gameplay may be attractive to the devs, but it's not nearly as interesting to most players, how many people are actually playing in these mega tribes considering most vet players in them have multiple accounts (in Ark)? Most people I know in Ark tried mega tribe life and found it boring and moved off to unofficial or other games (or small tribe servers when they came in years later).

I really am confused by this move. Some patch notes really do need more explanation of the ethos behind it - if they are determined to stick with megas they need to come clean about it. It's their game, it's their choice, but it kinda feels like bait and switch.

We'll work more to make Atlas great for smaller tribes.. oh wait, you like that more? Ok, in that case we won't.

Yeah I’m pretty much thinking what you’re thinking here. Agree this is odd and weirdly counterintuitive. I have a theory based on nothing more than a hunch, so take it for what its worth:

Most of the dev team has seen the metrics and the player feedback and are actively working to move the game in the direction most strongly favored by the playerbase, but there is this one guy who looks at it differently.  For the sake of discussion we’ll give him a name picked at random: Jeremy. Jeremy doesn’t just see things the way the other devs do, he is a creative genius, and he has a “vision” for Atlas. His vision isn’t exactly reflective of the reality of what people want, but never mind that because geniuses with vision never see things the way the little people do. They must not be weighed down by the mundane realities of plebeian wants because they are after all special. Jeremy’s conviction of the absolute rightness of his vision is bolstered by the reality of the success of his only other game, for simplicity sake we’ll refer to it with a simple name picked at random: Ark. Ark’s success has boosted his ego to the point where he believes he knows better than others, and so his vision is his overriding guide.

The problem is that he is the guy that ultimately is in charge and so his voice is not one of many, but the voice that ultimately has the final say. Others are able to convince him to move in the obvious direction the game should go up to a point, but Jeremy refuses to give up his vision entirely, and so he periodically makes random decrees that such and such will be done this way, regardless of how weirdly inconsistent that may be with everything else.

This is my off the wall theory on why they do stuff like this. It’s either something like this or they’re using a magic 8 ball to make major decisions. But that is just a wild theory, your guess is as good as mine.

• Thanks 1

Increasing it to 75 wont bring back players. Like i said its damage control now.. whats was done is done

75 just means they have room to invite others and increase a company size and merge in whats left. I think a few companies folded didn't they?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, photek said:

you see this JAT?

Colonies PvP: Freeform building, with more progress-protecting and time-enforced PvP rules creating a cooperative atmosphere, and limits to ensure the game is more oriented towards single players and small to mid-sized groups.

I came back to the game because of the statement above!!!  But Now I am about to leave again because it was a blatant

LIE!!!

Give us small scale PvP in the Form of Smaller Guilds Like 10 MAX like you said in this BLATANT LIE ABOVE or enjoy your dead game! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

Give us small scale PvP in the Form of Smaller Guilds Like 10 MAX like you said in this BLATANT LIE ABOVE or enjoy your dead game! 

small companies should be 2-5 med 6-20 anything more is mega. plz give the gamers what they want, or game will fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

if you guys didnt know, at one time, empire server had a total of 7 players paying it, why keep running a server for that few people? They cant even fill the other server max count

2 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

small companies should be 2-5 med 6-20 anything more is mega. plz give the gamers what they want, or game will fail.

Im so tired of people saying lissen to me or the game is going to die, everyone says something different as well.. 

Why dont they do the opposite of what they did and open the empire server as a new smaller tribe server where they can attempt a limit like 10, and have even smaller attack time like 6hrs instead of 9.  This would be nice 🙂

that way when your stuff gets wrecked by a mega company on colonies you can try that out. 

14 hours ago, znasser said:

I wasn't a fan of splitting such a small playerbase into two pvp servers in the first place, but once you decided to go that way, this is ridiculous. Big clans decided to stretch the rules of the small company server refusing to play in the server you made for them and you reward them with a 50% bigger player limit... I really don't understand this. It's been just one week and we are already seeing that kind of join me or i will zerg you attitude.

100% this. 50 was to high. 

When the megas refused to play Empires, why cater for them in colonies? 

12 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

I came back to the game because of the statement above!!!  But Now I am about to leave again because it was a blatant

LIE!!!

Wah wah wah. This is a company game, join a bigger company.

On 4/18/2019 at 10:01 PM, Billy Bones said:

Interesting start...

Should have a cap of 10 to 15 to be honest 

• Like 1

So I am in a mega... We are allied with several other megas.... We know, generally speaking, what all the other megas on the map do, are doing, and general strategies. We never attack small tribes, especially less than like 10 people (unless provoked, which def does happen...). Now prewipe this may have been a bit different due to the dense populations, but most mega tribes would try to move in peacefully to take over islands, take tax, and give protection. Then you become the beta of the mega... How many people here have actually been attacked or wiped in colonies now by a mega? By an actual MEGA not just a tribe with possbly larger numbers than your own. To go even further we all protect all the small guys on all our islands that pay tax. Its the entire reason for the system... To go even further we desperately need more small tribes that like to do their own thing to move in and share with us (and this isnt just for the tax, not sure if any of you have noticed but the game is lacking huge on playerbase now. Many islands and servers with little to no players/activity. You would have nobody here on this massive map without the megas.). So please, come find us. Lets trade. Need a home? Some help? Protection? Move in. Want to stay where your at but want friends, trades, maps? Good come find us. This post is really ignorant, especially considering the game is designed to be played in big groups. Maybe its just the unsociable people that complain in these posts? Because you can def play the game in small groups. Especially now in colonies with the small player base. 

26 minutes ago, Uffda Pal said:

So I am in a mega... We are allied with several other megas.... We know, generally speaking, what all the other megas on the map do, are doing, and general strategies. We never attack small tribes, especially less than like 10 people (unless provoked, which def does happen...). Now prewipe this may have been a bit different due to the dense populations, but most mega tribes would try to move in peacefully to take over islands, take tax, and give protection. Then you become the beta of the mega... How many people here have actually been attacked or wiped in colonies now by a mega? By an actual MEGA not just a tribe with possbly larger numbers than your own. To go even further we all protect all the small guys on all our islands that pay tax. Its the entire reason for the system... To go even further we desperately need more small tribes that like to do their own thing to move in and share with us (and this isnt just for the tax, not sure if any of you have noticed but the game is lacking huge on playerbase now. Many islands and servers with little to no players/activity. You would have nobody here on this massive map without the megas.). So please, come find us. Lets trade. Need a home? Some help? Protection? Move in. Want to stay where your at but want friends, trades, maps? Good come find us. This post is really ignorant, especially considering the game is designed to be played in big groups. Maybe its just the unsociable people that complain in these posts? Because you can def play the game in small groups. Especially now in colonies with the small player base. 

Don't fight each other, don't want to figth small tribes.    -    Go play PVE

Only if provoked. So you get attacked by a couple guy's having a bit of fun. What happens? you go wipe them? Force them to join you? make them leave the game? or (and i'll need a lot of convincing if this is the case) Have some fun in a naval battle and leave it at that as you want some fun next week too?

3 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

Don't fight each other, don't want to figth small tribes.    -    Go play PVE

Only if provoked. So you get attacked by a couple guy's having a bit of fun. What happens? you go wipe them? Force them to join you? make them leave the game? or (and i'll need a lot of convincing if this is the case) Have some fun in a naval battle and leave it at that as you want some fun next week too?

I specifically said we dont attack small tribes.... We only go after big guys and we pvp constantly... Lots of times other big tribes we have long standing rivalries with since launch and ark. 

And not always depending on the circumstance. If you come intentionally grief us though, yea of course we will come find and wipe you. Why would you feel that you should be able to attack ANYONE and not be retaliated against? lmao... Generally speaking the small tribes we ever will target are those that aid our rivals. There is no interest or rewards to reap from attacking any other smal tribes. Why would you attack a mega in the first place? Why poke the bear? Why complain about wanting small scale pvp in a big scale game, then go attack the big tribe, especially when they will generally leave you alone and you CAN have your small scale pvp...

It all comes down to what is fair pvp vs what will keep the megas and large group streamers happy.  Streaming and recording massive battles in atlas will give the game more exposure and thus maybe get more people to buy the game. 

Look at hod and his recent debacle with them. They overturned it as there was a massive outcry over it and because they miss judged the situation. If I hod was a lower viewed streamer they would not have reversed the decision (no matter how wrong they were or are) . 

I think there Is a business directive to make sure to look after the megas only for a marketing prospective.