Garrik

rhino taming troubles

Not sure whats wrong but I am on a lawless right now ( cause the new system blows ) and have tried a few different time to tame a rhino.  I have tried wild turnips and potatoes.  The rhino has the message " e: feed rhino wild turnip" but I mash the E button and nothing happens.    Have tamed other critters but rhino fails.   

Dumb question, u did bola hin before did u? Cause it works Fine for me

Thats odd. Can Tell for sure it works for us with the current Patch. Tamed like 5 today. Guess u Tried killing Yourself too? Other than that it can be someone Attempted to tame it before u,then u cant tame it anymore. Besides of that im Running out of ideas

to feed the creatures you either need to lay on the ground against their back, to feed em or between their front and back legs on the belly side I have fed quite a few this way

Had elephant taming trouble tonight, usually its on an angle near belly but it just wouldn't feed at all, no feed menu

Done it many times, something has changed or was bugged, only tried 1 because no respawn but will try again tomorrow.

Update: Giraffes Turning themselves around whilst taming, annoying but still tamable

Bull and bear, very easy to tame now. just need to stand somewhere near the front leg.

Elephant, sweet spot by front leg seems to be about the same size as before, it's breathing can sometimes move you off the spot. best location is when breathing moves the sweet spot to you then away again every couple of seconds.

Not tested any others since update.

edit: had a bear do that 90 degree turn thing, put me behind it so was odd but didn't effect the taming.

Edited by Jack Shandy

bear i find easy if its head it through the doorway just stand directly in front if it at max range doesnt hit u , rhino is just under and behind its chin near front leg , elephant is similar behind front leg try to have a raised tame pen this help greatly as u can almost stand underneath the tame , far easier to tame this way 

Edited by UDO