Sign in to follow this  
shoestatus@gmail.com

Ships of the Damned need a distance nerf.

I'm trying to recover a bear and ships are congregated near my wreck im in a tundra map so swimming will not work. They are pursuing me way to far in a Sloop and they are far too aggressive and clustered together. Just lost my second sloop trying to recover just my bear. I don't have anything on the ship worth going back for except the bear floating above it. I also notice in "next to no wind" they are faster than a ship which seems unfair them to be propelled faster than a ship that's using full wind and a giant speed sail.

Edited by shoestatus@gmail.com

They Need to atleast have a but of danger to them. Other than beeing faster with almost no wind, its easy to Sail away or avoid them. Thats the reason to only Sail with Decent wind or have Cannons to defend

43 minutes ago, zottel said:

They Need to atleast have a but of danger to them. Other than beeing faster with almost no wind, its easy to Sail away or avoid them. Thats the reason to only Sail with Decent wind or have Cannons to defend

I did have good wind actually I was in water sprouts and ships of the damned spawned in with them that's how I lost the first sloop and the bear to begin with. I usually don't sail in the rain but at the time it started raining I was in the middle of the ocean.

I don't think they were this bad pre-wipe and I think they were good pre-wipe. that's the main thing I'm saying. I played that a lot and never really had an issue cause I'm solo and don't farm gold I'm taming and breeding. I think the distance on SOTD sloops needs to be turned down a bit those are the ones that are chasing me and outrunning me in no wind. Here is the Sotd two hours later I arrived in time to see it sink my ship. It destroyed my bed so i couldn't spawn on it this was the sloop I built just to get my bear back. then I decided if I'm gonna lose something mine as well try a raft.

two hours later1.jpg

Edited by shoestatus@gmail.com

no just no , players need to stop complaining about the dangers in the game , the devs have already nerfed the wildlife into nothing more than a mild irritation  , dont remove or nerf the sea threats as well , there needs to be more threats at sea being as its meant to be a sailing game , sea monsters , more ships , add in some standard pirate galleons etc ,