Talono

Remove Kraken barrier away from the submarine !

Dear devs,

small teams and solo players cant defeat the Kraken, so please remove that barrier from the sub and allow ALL PLAYERS to own a submarine.

If you want to keep the sub rare and not available for every stupid noob : Thats ok !

But then please do something with the resource cost (gems, gold, whatever) so that it is difficult for players to farm the components.

But dont lock the submarine behind a barrier that only mega tribes can crack 😡

Edited by Talono
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

they dont want everyone just going straight to the trenches to collect the stones , as they probably cant work out how to program in a way to stop players who havnt completed kraken from obtaining said new stone 

i will however add my vote to this , why lock behind kraken no reason given by devs , so my guess is i am right and poor programming, they dont have proper quest progression set up , 

How about just needing the first set of stones?? You can easily do the golden age ruins with just a few people. I have done a few solo with just naked runs crew and balistas on the ship.

• Like 1

I think the submarine SHOULD stay locked behind the Kraken.  It's end game content ... the major point of it is so that someone can go explore the trenches and collect the Power Stones from them and summon the next level of World Boss (dunno if it's just a harder version of the Kraken).

MMO's have always locked better loot and resources behind end game content since they started coming out.  Getting the submarine is WAY easier then it ever was to get Sulfuras <Hand Of Ragnaros> or Thunderfury <Blessed Blade Of The Windseeker> back in Classic WoW.  Those required 40-man raids and several weekly runs to gather enough materials, and that was assuming that your raid was even lucky enough to have the item that started the quest-line even drop.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Talono said:

Dear devs,

small teams and solo players cant defeat the Kraken, so please remove that barrier from the sub and allow ALL PLAYERS to own a submarine.

If you want to keep the sub rare and not available for every stupid noob : Thats ok !

But then please do something with the resource cost (gems, gold, whatever) so that it is difficult for players to farm the components.

But dont lock the submarine behind a barrier that only mega tribes can crack 😡

Don't start spouting nonsense for matter of fact...

"Small teams and solo players can't defeat the kraken" 

How do you know this?  Have you tried in a small group or solo to do this... or are oyu just assuming... you do know as a glorified solo player you still have the option to GROUP with people to achieve things temporarily right?  Or are you just that dumb?

Stop thinking of easy ways to achieve something you want and start thinking of constructive/engaging ways to achieve those things... my god.  Every one of your posts... is GIVE ME GIVE ME, IM SOLO IM SOLO I NEED HELP WAAH WHY I AM SOLO BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Edited by Bolognapwny
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Don't start spouting nonsense for matter of fact...

"Small teams and solo players can't defeat the kraken" 

How do you know this?  Have you tried in a small group or solo to do this... or are oyu just assuming... you do know as a glorified solo player you still have the option to GROUP with people to achieve things temporarily right?  Or are you just that dumb?

Stop thinking of easy ways to achieve something you want and start thinking of constructive/engaging ways to achieve those things... my god.  Every one of your posts... is GIVE ME GIVE ME, IM SOLO IM SOLO I NEED HELP WAAH WHY I AM SOLO BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Instead of being an a-hole, understand the point of his post.  Why hide submarines behind defeating a Kraken???

Are not Sub's suppose to be new content, to spice up the game and bring back players to the game?!?  Not LIP SERVICE!  Like Dragons!!!

Come Play Atlas we have Dragons and Submarines, Of course you will never have 40,000 gold to get a Dragon nor will you ever beat a Kraken.... 

But hey Dragons and Submarines are in the game!!!

58 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

There ya go-

24 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Instead of being an a-hole, understand the point of his post.  Why hide submarines behind defeating a Kraken???

Are not Sub's suppose to be new content, to spice up the game and bring back players to the game?!?  Not LIP SERVICE!  Like Dragons!!!

Come Play Atlas we have Dragons and Submarines, Of course you will never have 40,000 gold to get a Dragon nor will you ever beat a Kraken.... 

You make the assumption everyone looking at this game wants to be a hermit.  Why should an MMO cater to hermits? 

Well, hermits also want to build a submarine ! Dont make Atlas „Megatribes Only“ like Ark !

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

All the power stones and the Kraken are definitely doable solo. It's really not even difficult, you just have to go in prepared.

Just wanted to throw that out there...

20 minutes ago, Talono said:

Well, hermits also want to build a submarine ! Dont make Atlas „Megatribes Only“ like Ark !

No one is stopping you from grouping up with other people or paying to get carried. 

50 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

Maybe JUST MAYBE the submarine is meant to be for endgame content? Defeat the first boss and gaim access to the new content.

If you came back to Atlas... to drive a submarine and control a dragon for a short time... you came back to Atlas for the wrong reasons... You are playing Atlas for the wrong reasons... You are missing the entire reason Atlas is a Sandbox MMO.... They legit need to delete a few people off these forums... 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Talono said:

The problem is I know a 2 man team that can do this on a Schooner.  They've done it multiple times.  Its doable. 

So long as it can be unlocked with a mod, then I'm okay with how it is. I do have a problem with the trend of needing so many different islands/trenches to accomplish something though. You shouldn't need more than 4-6 grids to be able to experience the end game items. 

Also, it's laughable calling and comparing this to an MMO. 

I was watching some Kraken youTube videos, massive warfleets were doing this thing.

With massive losses of ships and players. SoD ships also protect the Kraken it seems ? Not to talk about getting 8 of the powerstones.. soloing drakes/hydras ? Very LOL.

Remove the Kraken barrier from the sub and dont lock all non-megas out from this exiting new game content ! 😡😡😡

Edited by Talono

Kraken was nerfed to hell. It's easy mode now. Power stones were always easy. One person with a basic ship with no upgraded parts can do all of the above.

Can't speak for hard mode Kraken at the end of the trench quest line as I haven't made it that far yet.

Edited by Kidori
  • Sad 1

Chuck Norris may solo the Kraken on a ramshackle raft, but it is not possible for non-Chuck solo players.

Ok superman, please show me just ONE Kraken solo kill video in YouTube 😉😀

All you find there are fleet vs Kraken videos. With some losses to the fleet.

Edited by Talono

Just to rise that topic again :

Please stop bringing new content locked away exclusively for mega companies only !

Bring the Sub in as a regular engram that everybody can aquire.

I know that there are lots of (Forum) superheroes around who solo the Kraken on a raft one handed with a ramshackle knife, but for us mortals this is not that easy (unfortunately).

• Like 3

On 4/18/2019 at 10:38 PM, Sulfurblade said:

Its called progression. Its an mmo genre.

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Please stop bringing new content locked away exclusively for mega companies only !

I know that there are lots of (Forum) superheroes around who solo the Kraken on a raft one handed with a ramshackle knife, but for us mortals this is not that easy (unfortunately).

You can leech Kraken on a sloop as solo. Or you can group up and defeat him by yourself.

If you are too lazy to even go with your sloop to the barrier and leech Kraken don't blame devs.

Megacompanies only, lol 😄 you got no clue man, no fuckin clue what you need to defeat Kraken.

MMO won't be balanced around asocial solo players like you, never. Accept it or just leave it.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

Ok. So I play Duo and we were at kraken before wipe.

It's actually not that extremely difficult. It requires 4-8 Brigs with ballistas and 1-2 battle Galleys. Then it just go as easy as it can be. No special skill needed - as Brig you just go 1-2 ballistas shoot to a tentacle and then do just a regualr SotD fighting around. As Galley - just sail by Kraken and shot him then do turnover for another shoot.

As an MMO - there is a way to do it - there are tons ppl around and tons battle Brigs and even hundreds of Galleys. 

We had few problems tho.

1st - Laggs (server could barely handle that amount of ppl). There was also a lag of randomly killing ppl inside battle.

2nd - Gathering. There is just no way to gather this fleet for a mission in game. Just no instruments for this. So we had to do it via forums and steam app.

3rd - Trolls. Because of we've been gathering for a week and alot of messages were here on forums, trolls also went there and did whatever they could to make us fail (for example they summoned Kraken before all gathered for several times and then did they best to stay inside battle circle for whole hour).

So my opinion here is simple. Instead of allowing all solo/small companies players to just obtain reward without fighting - allow them to fight (we here for adventures, right?) For that:

1) - It needs all buggs to be fixed.

2) - There must be an instrument (some group gathering feature) allowing players to form a fleet and in right time - sail to mission.

3) - There must be some trolls protection, so if ppl go on mission, they could get to the place, form a tactic, do battle formation and start a battle with no interference from other players.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

.....and the keyword for today is- entitlement

The „Kraken leech“ is a bad idea, as you can never know when a team is summoning it.

Do you have to be just in the Maw zone, or inside a certain distance when the Kraken is defeated ?

1 hour ago, Talono said:

The „Kraken leech“ is a bad idea, as you can never know when a team is summoning it.

Do you have to be just in the Maw zone, or inside a certain distance when the Kraken is defeated 

You can be outside of barrier to get it. Just go as close as you can, barrier does not damage your ship so go basically into it and just wait.

On 4/18/2019 at 1:39 PM, Bolognapwny said:

you do know as a glorified solo player you still have the option to GROUP with people to achieve things temporarily right? 

So...you are just proving his point. 

As you said. Small groups and solo players cannot defeat the kraken. They have to team up to do it. 

You know, when you are part of a group you are no longer solo, Or are you just that dumb?

Well, i dont like to group. That does exclude me from game content.

Got it now ?