Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

QoL for cooking

While you're adding a bunch of shit into the game, can you make water barrels or reservoirs hook up directly to your grill so you don't need to constantly fill up water skins when making paint and shit? It's annoying.

• Like 1

You will need to find an unofficial server that has a mod to do this.  Was the same on ARK.  I enjoyed the unofficial servers because you could get stuff done.  You had things that collected eggs, poop, etc.. and things to distribute thatch to compost bins, and collect the fertilizer from them.  You had a nanny to take care of the babies so you could go to bed.  You had a gun to pick up structures you placed but was too far away to interact with.  Like today, making a taming pen 3 walls high for crows.  Put a wall on, but it snapped going out away from the structure.  No way to interact with it, so I had to make another wall.  Total pain in the ass, but that seems to be what the devs of games like this want the game to be.  When I played official, I hated the tedious chores, like picking up the poop, and eggs.  And stacks are so small, you couldn't walk away from the game for too long, or your dinos would starve and die.

Anyway, I can assure you that it is working the way they want it to.  You and I want to get to the adventuring stuff, but they want you to waste time filling water skins, picking up poop, shoveling for an hour to get enough worms to tame a crow, etc...  These games are a huge time sink.  If you want it to play faster, find a good unofficial server.