Sign in to follow this  
Woulfe

Ramshackle sloop

Why the weight reduction on a Ramshackle slopp, 800 lbs is crap can't get a start with anything with that weight

Because a ramshackle sloop can be built in 10 minutes at the freeport? Also do not forget ramshackles have different planks they have a lower health than a shipyard built sloop. You can change them out if you want. 

They have less health and less weight because they are super easy and fast to build. They should not be equal to a sloop you grind in a real shipyard. Just be thankful you have them, you used to have to raft out of freeports.

1 hour ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Because a ramshackle sloop can be built in 10 minutes at the freeport? Also do not forget ramshackles have different planks they have a lower health than a shipyard built sloop. You can change them out if you want. 

They have less health and less weight because they are super easy and fast to build. They should not be equal to a sloop you grind in a real shipyard. Just be thankful you have them, you used to have to raft out of freeports.

Being frank, you can farm a regular sloop in about 10-20 minutes with metal tools so.

it’s not meant to be a use forever useful boat it’s a quick get out of freeport 

i still maintain it should never have been added to freeport , should have been left at rafts as first thing u go to sea in ...

5 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

800 is absurdly low 2 people could sink it, bye just standing on it while its empty....

8 hours ago, gadefence said:

Being frank, you can farm a regular sloop in about 10-20 minutes with metal tools so.

Your are not making a real sloop in 10 minutes solo with metal tools. This is simply not true. I have timed how long it takes to make a ramshackle multiple times. I have made real sloops in freeports (parts, then shipped them to where I was going). Also note you need to make the shipyard as well. Also note you need a loom and to make the sail(s) as well.  No way is that happening in 10 minutes, and not 20 minutes. You are exaggerating to attempt to make your point.  Record making a real sloop with metal tools in 10 minutes. I simply do not believe that is true. Mabey 20 minutes, but not 20 making a full sloop and a shipyard, and a loom, and the sails (which you have to have).  But considering the ramshackle has half the weight capacity of a shipyard sloop, and a little over half the plank health it still seems fairly balanced for what you get with how much effort put in.

3 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

800 is absurdly low 2 people could sink it, bye just standing on it while its empty....

Rafts have a weight capacity of 800. Ramshackle sloops have 1600 weight capacity compared to a shipyard sloops 3300. The plank health difference is a bit over half. These are meant to be starter ships.

Edited by SIEGEGUN

3 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Rafts have a weight capacity of 800. Ramshackle sloops have 1600 weight capacity compared to a shipyard sloops 3300. The plank health difference is a bit over half. These are meant to be starter ships.

The OP said 800 now your saying 1600 and yet my own Ramshackle I have invested in carrying capacity several times says 1200..... So I must believe the OP when he says the Ramshackle sloop has been changed to 800 Capacity....  Which is the point of this post if it were as you say 1600 I would have NO issue!!!  

- Ramshackle sloop weight capacity has been reduced to 1200

- Raft weight capacity as been increased to 1600

• Thanks 1

I saw that in the patch notes and thought "WTF that makes no sense" and then moved on.  It makes no sense to me and they never explain these changes so we never see their PoV. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kidori said:

- Ramshackle sloop weight capacity has been reduced to 1200

- Raft weight capacity as been increased to 1600

Did not see they had changed this. 

10 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

I saw that in the patch notes and thought "WTF that makes no sense" and then moved on.  It makes no sense to me and they never explain these changes so we never see their PoV. 

This. WTF? That does not even make sense. Unless they are trying to make rafts more appealing because no one takes them. I never take them not because of capacity but because once they hit something in the front they are stuck, you cant seem to turn them around. Makes them useless for exploring anything or going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

The OP said 800 now your saying 1600 and yet my own Ramshackle I have invested in carrying capacity several times says 1200..... So I must believe the OP when he says the Ramshackle sloop has been changed to 800 Capacity....  Which is the point of this post if it were as you say 1600 I would have NO issue!!!  

The numbers I listed were true until the patch just a day ago. I did not see the patch notes yet. They WERE 1600. What he says about 800 weight on sloops is not true. You can read it in the patch notes. So you have to have more than 1200 considering you start with 1200. So if you have leveled it, it should be 1200 plus 60 for every time you put into capacity. Either way yeah that's getting low. 

1 hour ago, SIEGEGUN said:

The numbers I listed were true until the patch just a day ago. I did not see the patch notes yet. They WERE 1600. What he says about 800 weight on sloops is not true. You can read it in the patch notes. So you have to have more than 1200 considering you start with 1200. So if you have leveled it, it should be 1200 plus 60 for every time you put into capacity. Either way yeah that's getting low. 

Its 1200 I logged in straight after reading this post in a panic as I assumed I had assets sitting on the bottom of the ocean, as 800 would have put the ship overweight....  Why its only 1200 I don't know I know I leveled capacity many times before arriving where I settled down at....  

• Like 1

I just made a sloop in freeport minuted before the post it started at 800 weight not 1200 not 1600  800 plain and simple and it stupid

10 hours ago, DilBert said:

it starts at 800. 1200 is max. 

4 hours ago, Woulfe said:

I just made a sloop in freeport minuted before the post it started at 800 weight not 1200 not 1600  800 plain and simple and it stupid

That IS stupid. What are they thinking? that the ramshackle at 1600 is OP? If they had just bumped up the rafts weight to 1600 to equal the ramshackle then it would have made the raft viable while making the ramshackle still be a decent choice. Now they have made the ramshackle sloop worthless. Now it is the new raft, NOONE will take one. Both "starter" ships need to be viable. All they have done now is swap the uselessness of the "starter" ships. And the sloop is basically useless as its intended to be a "starter" ship itself in the game. They could be useful all around if the speed cap was not so low, slowest ship in the game. If the speeds were more accurate they could be useful because they would be fast, you could use them for a lot more things. Which brings us back to this discussion on capacity. Capacity directly affects speed in this game. By lower the capacity on an already slow ship, makes these move like snails. Which makes them useless to actually use.

Totally stupid move by devs. Ranks right up there with the 1 gold per minute upkeep on the "vendors". Simply makes no sense. If you want to encourage the use of rafts do not nerf the sloop to do so. Just bumping up the raft would have been a better move. Then you could have choice. Now there is no choice, just like it was before, only reversed. Going to make a raft when I log on in a bit just to look at them again, and a new ramshackle too for a comparison.

Dev's botched this one me thinks. My theory is that it was meant to be 1200 not 1200 max but it was mistakenly set at 800. If it was meant to be 1200 max surely they would have stated the "MAX" in patch notes but why would thay put in a max weight and not give a starting weight as that matters more seeing as you have yet to add levels.

OK, I made a raft and sailed it around till it hit level 10. Then a galleon of the damned sank it. But I have made another for more testing! I will be making a ramshackle after I am done with the rafts. 

Get this... My raft started with 2000 weight capacity. So what is going on? They said in the patch notes 1600. 

my guess is that they are trying to deter people from making a ramshackle, sailing around picking up flotsam to claim an island at the start. but gold only weighs 14 per 100 though, so idk.