Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Too much to accept.

My time is valuable to me.  I don't like it to be wasted.

I spent the last few hours getting things done.  Made 5 shovels, some metal tools, farmed some stuff, and repaired many shovels because I had dug up several hundred potatoes, and 100 worms, so I could tame a crow or two.  Suddenly, while in the building, my controls became glitched.  Couldn't turn my character or move.  Could punch.  So I logged out to reset.  Took a very short break, and then logged back in.  Nobody is at our island, and the building was secure...doors closed, and no damage.

All of my stuff is gone.  Every last bit of everything that was on my body.  Gone...all of it.

No desire to play, so I shut the game down.  Almost uninstalled it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

My time is valuable to me.  I don't like it to be wasted.

I spent the last few hours getting things done.  Made 5 shovels, some metal tools, farmed some stuff, and repaired many shovels because I had dug up several hundred potatoes, and 100 worms, so I could tame a crow or two.  Suddenly, while in the building, my controls became glitched.  Couldn't turn my character or move.  Could punch.  So I logged out to reset.  Took a very short break, and then logged back in.  Nobody is at our island, and the building was secure...doors closed, and no damage.

All of my stuff is gone.  Every last bit of everything that was on my body.  Gone...all of it.

No desire to play, so I shut the game down.  Almost uninstalled it.

Ya shit is getting old

I had something similar happen.  Could not turn (mouse inputs not working), only punch and use WASD.  I hit escape and mouse worked for navigating options.  Exited and still could not mouse look.  I relogged and all my armor was in my inventory instead of on me and I could use the mouse again.  Weird one. 

Edited by DocHolliday

My neighbour is having problems also, something weird going on with the game. I have encountered things vanishing on me also, not everything but the odd thing.

Hopefully they sort these issues out, I didn't have much of a problem before the new update.

If it had been the odd thing, I would believe it was somebody from my company doing it.  However, everything was gone, including rotten meat.  Now this would happen if somebody not in my company found me, and just took everything quickly, and then later discarded what they didn't want, but the building was secure..doors closed, and no damage, so that rules out theft by the enemy.

I suspect that the game somehow saw me as dead and put my stuff into a satchel, and so when I came back in, and woke up right where I had logged off, it was too late to find a satchel on the ground.

Did any of the people experiencing these bugs fill out a bug report? The game is EA and we are the testers, if you find a game breaking issue and all you do is come to General Disc to whine then you are to blame.  Yeah it sucks to have an issue like that but... Welcome to EA, if you weren't wiling to deal with bugs you should have waited till full release.

it happened to me too, randomly died somehow and there was no bag or green orb. i've seen it happen to others especially after a patch. i had 20 large planks and 25 large gun ports in my invo. many hours of farming invested, gone. i was upset, sure, but oh well. i kept playing the game i love and have spent 750 hours within for all its flaws were tiny compared to the glory i've had and that's to be had yet... your complaining about some shovels and potatoes and contemplating uninstalling... im chuckling like a mofo at the absurdity.