Sign in to follow this  
Boradokar

Ships of the damned and wreck diving

Drop from NPC ships is a joke SotD Galleon lvl 4 drops 24 gold O.o, diving for wreck and you find chest lvl 3.4 25 g.

Not to mention the crates at sea that give a few gold (not worth to stop ship even for chest lvl 11), The only normal way to earn money to keep an island is to make treasures from maps, 2-4 maps per day and its boring :/

This is PVE server why you cannot bust drop gold from NPCs and diving??

Claim system is good for me (i dont like lawless cos ppl mess around building hundrets of not used structures and leave it for decaying, and this eye blowing behemot gates )

but earning money only from maps is boring like hell ....

BTW why ship is so slow lvl now compere to older Atlas?

If you can brothers pirates write your sugestions ill be pleased :)

15 hours ago, zottel said:

Sell tames or use the player Shops to earn Gold. Or kill whales.

Ofc you can do it but what with the sea fights for me it give most fun from game 😕

On 4/17/2019 at 10:41 PM, Boradokar said:

Drop from NPC ships is a joke SotD Galleon lvl 4 drops 24 gold O.o, diving for wreck and you find chest lvl 3.4 25 g. 

I totally agree with this, SotD should drop more gold dependant on there level of course.

Edited by Liqsquid

19 minutes ago, Liqsquid said:

yes there has to an incentive to hunt them , now they are in packs bit harder to take them on 

It's kind of silly when you consider that (IMHO) it's easier to fight whales than SotDs; probably cheaper too, and whales give exponentially more gold. A red Lv30 SotD galleon gives around 150g and will likely need around 80-90 large cannonballs to sink, a whale, even post nerf is around the 1,000g mark and will need around 30-40 harpoons to kill.

Now, SotDs can give you some sweet ass crew (That level 30 galleon will likely drop 4 or 5 level 60+ NPCs), and it drops high end ship component blueprints, so it's not ALL downsides. But those benefits are far less significant on PvE than PvP since most the stuff you'll be fighting are... *drumroll*... SotD's, making the loop entirely circular and self contained and irrelevant if you arn't fighting SotD's to begin with. Gold is the universally valuable commodity to PvE play.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 1

i took out a lvl 56 galleon yesterday took almost 400 cannons kiting it with a 9 cannon back loaded brig, i took zero damage but ran out of ammo so could not kill the 2 other galleons in the pack i missed maybe 2 in 10 salvos with most shots all 9 landing but most of the time 5 of 9 landed, only got 1.5 lvls out of it which is kinda pointless 

• Like 1

Iif mapping is boring, you are doing it wrong.  Take a full day and get some bears and start your maps...then get the maps from that island and do those. take a spyglass so you can do discoveries while you are at it. throw cliff maps on the ground, they are a waist of time.  Do maps in the tundra for the whaling gold bonus. My point is, if you stay moving exploring, gathering rare mats for trade, whaling, ship wreck diving,...after an afternoon of fun you will have enough gold to sustain your island for quite some time. so that you have time to do your building...or going after end game content. we do this with a four man company  and two brigs while having a blast in discord voice. the game is what YOU make of it. If you are bored, then you are doing it wrong.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, engraverwilliam said:

Iif mapping is boring, you are doing it wrong.  Take a full day and get some bears and start your maps...then get the maps from that island and do those. take a spyglass so you can do discoveries while you are at it. throw cliff maps on the ground, they are a waist of time.  Do maps in the tundra for the whaling gold bonus. My point is, if you stay moving exploring, gathering rare mats for trade, whaling, ship wreck diving,...after an afternoon of fun you will have enough gold to sustain your island for quite some time. so that you have time to do your building...or going after end game content. we do this with a four man company  and two brigs while having a blast in discord voice. the game is what YOU make of it. If you are bored, then you are doing it wrong.

You get me wrong :), i dont complain of lack of gold (we have in bank gold for taxes on next few months, making maps 1,8 k gold 10 -15 per day 🙂 it just boring in long term ) i complain for low profit from diving and hunting SotDs its disapointing for me spend few hours for build galleon next few hours for colecting mats for guns and ammo, use 60% supply on few minutes sea battles and make so low profit, wher is fun of it?

PS We prefer Tigers for maps 🙂 They can jump to place where Bear cannot go 🙂

Edited by Boradokar

4 hours ago, Boradokar said:

You get me wrong :), i dont complain of lack of gold (we have in bank gold for taxes on next few months, making maps 1,8 k gold 10 -15 per day 🙂 it just boring in long term ) i complain for low profit from diving and hunting SotDs its disapointing for me spend few hours for build galleon next few hours for colecting mats for guns and ammo, use 60% supply on few minutes sea battles and make so low profit, wher is fun of it?

PS We prefer Tigers for maps 🙂 They can jump to place where Bear cannot go 🙂

game is still in development be patient more content to come 

But why not? Why are we condemned to maps and whales, (I'm talking about sacrificing time to profit) the economic aspect in this game is practically non-existent, trade between the islands does not exist because what should I sell ?, how everyone can come and collect the materials they need from your island, I would prefer that there were more possibilities 🙂  But meaby in near future 🙂