Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

I cant see anyone being happy about this in pvp?

- Whale health has been increased by 20% and gold reduced by 35%

Ballista reload time has been increased

PVP enabled servers should not be given the same settings as PVE, i personally think the devs by making all these heavy changes has turned it into more pve then expected.

The cost to hold an island, means you will have many more going for gold then ever expected. Also means the new meta will be 20 ballistic weapons off the back of the boats.

We will see if its true or not...

Not a big deal, just balance changes. They want the game to have more MMO PvE stuff, including the PvP servers. The cost to hold islands is not a big deal either, sure more people need gold, but they added other ways of getting gold. Like the shipwrecks. Shipwrecks are literally free money for almost zero effort or danger, no they don't pay out in the thousands but they add up fast, and if you get lvl 7.5-10 they add up really fast. Getting gold to maintain islands is a gold sink but not that crazy... Now the vendors is a whole different story. 

Doesn't matter at all. To be honest whale hunting was too efficient ( from my pov ) in comparison to classic maps.

But i agree with you that pvp servers should have somehow increased gold rates because of war tokens, dragon tokens and much more NPCs for base defence / usually more ships.

Edit: Gold from whales reduced only by 17,5%, not 35% - latest patch notes.

Edited by Willard

OH 17.5% that's much better. Should be not to bad then, just a little longer fight.

If they nerfed it 700 gold off of 2000 and less whales like 2 per zone like i was seeing, it could bottleneck the system.

Go too heavy and the pvp become base building, and long nights trying to get mats, and enough gold. Bigger tribes will just dominate even further, but the gold diving does make up for some of it. 50 roughly?

With how you can pump up your ship weapon damaged now, the slight HP buff on whales isn't really an issue.

Went whaling between the 35% redux and the 17.5% fix, and it really wasn't too bad. Still worth doing at that point. As for the health increase, a few points into damage levels on the ship and a better ballista blueprint will make up for it quite a bit.

3 hours ago, Smash said:

Would be fine if blubber was multiplied by 1000%

I agree you get far to little blubber and resources from a whale the need to increase the death timer to 30 Mins and make the resources 10x and increase sharks around it making them attack it like the buzzards